• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Choose your breakout qb

Choose your breakout qb

• Mitch trubisky

• Lamar jackson

• Baker mayfield

• Josh allen

• Kyler Murray

• Nick foles

• Sam darnold

• DWAyne haskins

• Josh rosen

• Daniel jones

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, how the hell this became some Dak vs Winston thread is funny. Oh well, it is the hoop where all manner of craziness abounds.
Fwiw, I have to lean toward @Schmoopy1000 on this one, I don't like what I see in Winston between the ears and I would have doubts of him being any better in the Cowboys system. Would make the Cowboys worse, imo. Dak appears to have a good rapport with his team mates and I think he will improve. I'm not sure the salary is relevent until 2020. Then we will see.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make sense coming from a browns fan. You have been conditioned for a very long time to have a shitty QB.
Not all Brown's fans. But, you can't argue with people that don't watch games and then cherry pick stats depending on their current argument (and there's always a current argument) and pretend they are meaningful and make him an expert over those who actually watch the games...Sometimes you just need to laugh and move on...

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all Brown's fans. But, you can't argue with people that don't watch games and then cherry pick stats depending on their current argument (and there's always a current argument) and pretend they are meaningful and make him an expert over those who actually watch the games...Sometimes you just need to laugh and move on...
I got the jist of that when he started bringing up Winston. LOL One of the least intelligent QBs in the league. Shouldnt be a starter for any team. in fact probably wouldnt be if they didnt just go get a new HC.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
make sense coming from a browns fan. You have been conditioned for a very long time to have a shitty QB.
Shitty QB with better qualitative numbers than Dak. That dude has you guys brainwashed.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here are some QBs stats
pretty standard stats that people like to use when call Dak pedestrian game manager

Player A
Total yds 4015
Total TDs 36
INTs 5
INT% 1.0
GWD 7

Player B
Total yds 4190
Total TDs 28
INTs 8
INT% 1.5
GWD 5

Player C
Total yds 4396
Total TDs 31
INTs 11
INT% 1.9
GWD 2

Player D
Total Yds 4315
Total TDs 32
INTs 12
INT% 2.4
GWD 3

Player E
Total Yds 3883
Total TDs 28
INTs 13
INT% 2.8
GWD 2

BTW didnt add Winston since he only started 9 games (played in 11)
but his INT% is a whopping 3.7!!!

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got the jist of that when he started bringing up Winston. LOL One of the least intelligent QBs in the league. Shouldnt be a starter for any team. in fact probably wouldnt be if they didnt just go get a new HC.
8th in the NFL in QBR last year. I'm never going to say the dude is smart, but for playing on a dogshit team with a horrible offensive line (much worse than your Cowboys, even though you guys seem to think you had some horrible OL), a no-name group of RBs that produced next to nothing, and a two lame-duck head coaches with no idea how to coach offense, his numbers aren't bad at all. I'm not even saying he's as good as Dak overall, because he's not, but I sure as hell wouldn't say they're $15m apart in terms of annual salary.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th in the NFL in QBR last year. I'm never going to say the dude is smart, but for playing on a dogshit team with a horrible offensive line (much worse than your Cowboys, even though you guys seem to think you had some horrible OL), a no-name group of RBs that produced next to nothing, and a two lame-duck head coaches with no idea how to coach offense, his numbers aren't bad at all. I'm not even saying he's as good as Dak overall, because he's not, but I sure as hell wouldn't say they're $15m apart in terms of annual salary.
Sounds like you are saying a team cant succeed with Winston. Who had way better receiving corp than Dak. Saving money to be a 5-11 to 7-9 isnt a recipe for success.

Oh & Qb ratings is a bullshit stat. JMO.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are saying a team cant succeed with Winston. Who had way better receiving corp than Dak. Saving money to be a 5-11 to 7-9 isnt a recipe for success.

Oh & Qb ratings is a bullshit stat. JMO.
That's literally the exact opposite of what I'm saying. How do you even come up with that?

And of course QBR is a bullshit stat. You Cowboys' fans are the kings of dismissing stats if they don't prop your QB up.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's literally the exact opposite of what I'm saying. How do you even come up with that?

And of course QBR is a bullshit stat. You Cowboys' fans are the kings of dismissing stats if they don't prop your QB up.
you should look around here. No matter QB we talk about I think all the forms of QB ratings are BS & said so many times. it is an easily skewed #.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those that like to point out Daks #'s or lack thereof as a reason to call him ordinary.

1st off. I am in no way saying he is as good as those I am comparing him too. I used QBs that are often considered top 5 QBs in the league. Oh & Cam Newton as a QB that uses his legs a lot for comparison.

2018 he had more Total Yards than Drew Brees who most likely would have been MVP if not for Mahomes Phenomenal year.
Very similar in stats with the great one who is a candidate for MVP every year. Tom Brady. About 200 yards less in yards, 3 less TDs but 3 less INTs as well.
Similar thing with Rivers only 4 less TDs & 4 less INTs.

Pretty much bests Cam in all of it except for TDs (tie)

Only one with a better INT% is Brees.
Only one better in Game winning drives is Brees.

Player A (Drew Brees)
Total yds 4015
Total TDs 36
INTs 5
INT% 1.0
GWD 7

Player B (Dak Prescott)
Total yds 4190
Total TDs 28
INTs 8
INT% 1.5
GWD 5

Player C (Tom Brady)
Total yds 4396
Total TDs 31
INTs 11
INT% 1.9
GWD 2

Player D (Phillip Rivers)
Total Yds 4315
Total TDs 32
INTs 12
INT% 2.4
GWD 3

Player E (Cam Newton)
Total Yds 3883
Total TDs 28
INTs 13
INT% 2.8
GWD 2

I dont claim Dak to be great or anything. Nor top 5.
However is way more than just a bus driver.
Considering the offense he plays in where he is not supposed to have great #'s.
He has very similar #'s to some of the top QBs in the league.
Which easily tells me he is easily to be considered a Franchise QB. (unlike Winston) LOL

& all Franchise Qbs will get paid.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean he could "ask to see another year"?
Dak is under contract for this coming season. jerry could elect to see this season before he pays Dak. Not likely and that is mostly because his teammates love this guy. He's first at the practice facility and last to leave. Has a great relationship with everyone. Darren Woodsen who offices at the Cowboy practice facility has said he's never seen a better leader of a football team. He has said he played with some strong leaders in his day but has never seen a guy who had the positive relationship with all the players the way Dak does...vets, practice squad guy, offense, defense...everyone. Winston on this team would kill the locker room and that's Dak's strongest asset to this team.

Bottom line....you've turned this tread to Dak because a cowboy fan mocked you for saying Baker is the future face of the NFL. (he's on this poll) A Browns fan questioned the opinion and you've come in here crying about my one post questioning his cocky attitude as a reason for your claim. You've spun to Dak as a bus driver...i.e game manager, mediocre and replaceable with a me first QB like Winston. If I had a dollar for every time you've bashed Dak the last month & half, I could take my wife out for the best steak dinner in Dallas.

Let it go dude and play to your strengths, which is the Cleveland Browns, not Dak Prescott and the Cowboys as proven by your every post on Dallas

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are so right. My problem is cocky know it all attitude who doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground ( Winston) but pounds the same bull shit over & over...points his finger at Cowboy fans for backing their QB as sensitive, but cries all day when one negative observation on his QB is made. It's comical he plays the victim card

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should look around here. No matter QB we talk about I think all the forms of QB ratings are BS & said so many times. it is an easily skewed #.
Who exactly is skewing them and why would they be skewing them against Dak?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak is under contract for this coming season. jerry could elect to see this season before he pays Dak. Not likely and that is mostly because his teammates love this guy. He's first at the practice facility and last to leave. Has a great relationship with everyone. Darren Woodsen who offices at the Cowboy practice facility has said he's never seen a better leader of a football team. He has said he played with some strong leaders in his day but has never seen a guy who had the positive relationship with all the players the way Dak does...vets, practice squad guy, offense, defense...everyone. Winston on this team would kill the locker room and that's Dak's strongest asset to this team.

Bottom line....you've turned this tread to Dak because a cowboy fan mocked you for saying Baker is the future face of the NFL. (he's on this poll) A Browns fan questioned the opinion and you've come in here crying about my one post questioning his cocky attitude as a reason for your claim. You've spun to Dak as a bus driver...i.e game manager, mediocre and replaceable with a me first QB like Winston. If I had a dollar for every time you've bashed Dak the last month & half, I could take my wife out for the best steak dinner in Dallas.

Let it go dude and play to your strengths, which is the Cleveland Browns, not Dak Prescott and the Cowboys as proven by your every post on Dallas
Haven't cried one single time. I actually answered his question because he admittedly doesn't interact with me much. Do you know what crying even means?

There's nothing to let go, dude. You guys have Dak on a pedestal and that's your choice. If he improves and shows that he's worth franchise money, good. I have no problem with the Cowboys being successful. If he goes out and continues to put up middle of the road numbers and then his salary increases by $33m per year, you guys will just have to live with it. It is what it is.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly is skewing them and why would they be skewing them against Dak?
Wow. You really dont read do you.
the formula used skews them & just mentioned had nothing to do with Dak.

The fact Winstons 2018 QBR is higher than Brady's tells you all you need to know about the QBR being BS.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You really dont read do you.
the formula used skews them & just mentioned had nothing to do with Dak.

The fact Winstons 2018 QBR is higher than Brady's tells you all you need to know about the QBR being BS.
LOL no it wasn't. Brady was 6th and Winston was 8th. Can you even try and educate yourself on the subject before trying to say it's BS? This is why I keep ripping you Cowboys' fans. You don't even research what I'm saying. You just instantly call it a bullshit metric because it doesn't paint Dak in a good light.