• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chip Kelly Hired by 49ers

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember what Chip did to Old Pete in college?

Prepare yourselves.
Well fortunately for us he has to play the Seahawks twice a year, not UW. And yes, we know what that looks like already and it wasn't pretty for the old Chipster was it? :whistle:

Chip to the 49'ers? :pound: :lol: :pound: :lol: :pound:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks/Niner rivalry is BACK!

Chip going to embarrass that old man Pete

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck if a guy like Chip can get another HC job in NFL , I should be able too . Good thing that the Niner's are already derailed before the train wreck engineer rides again

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone already pointed out, this is a win/win.

SF remains relevant? Adds to the rivalry. Seattle has been at their best having to battle SF for the division.

Chip flames out? Leaves his defense frustrated? 2 winnable division games.

What's the downside?

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like a terrible hire. But then you remember he is replacing a guy that had no business being a NFL head coach in the first place so it actually is probably a step forward.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview process:

York: "Chip what do you think of Jim Harbugh?"

Chipper: " Oh can't stand him, he's Cardinals pounded my Ducks all the time!"

York: " Your hired Chip we hate the arrogant prick too!"

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly did a good job everywhere he coached expect this past season. He had too much power and a poor QB who did not fit his system at all. Now he has the perfect QB for his system and he has a defensive minded GM picking the players for defense. The defense was not the problem for the 49ers this past season though they do need a replacement for Willis and Aldon. The just need a better system and offensive line on the right side. With Davis coming back to play RT or RG they only really need a new LG if Boone leaves in free agency.

The 49ers have a ton of cap space this free agent period and will fix their problems.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interview process:

York: "Chip what do you think of Jim Harbugh?"

Chipper: " Oh can't stand him, he's Cardinals pounded my Ducks all the time!"

York: " Your hired Chip we hate the arrogant prick too!"

Probably sir. Probably

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone already pointed out, this is a win/win.

SF remains relevant? Adds to the rivalry. Seattle has been at their best having to battle SF for the division.

Chip flames out? Leaves his defense frustrated? 2 winnable division games.

What's the downside?

The down side is Chip Kelly. Gimmicks don't work in this league. We've already seen this once with Kaep before. He regressed from there. You can't give me one good reason why Kaep will be any good ever again. All you have to do is frustrate him, and make sure you hit him hard every chance you get, and he'll turn back into the idiotic turnover machine he's always been.

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good god with that horrible offense the 49ers could possibly go 0-6 in division play. We know the Seahawks, Cardinals, and Rams all 3 have elite defenses. Whoever helped make this decision deserves to be fired along with Chip Kelly when this trainwreck is over.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The down side is Chip Kelly. Gimmicks don't work in this league. We've already seen this once with Kaep before. He regressed from there. You can't give me one good reason why Kaep will be any good ever again. All you have to do is frustrate him, and make sure you hit him hard every chance you get, and he'll turn back into the idiotic turnover machine he's always been.

To be clear, where's the downside for Seattle?

Jakology

I don't give a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,125.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, where's the downside for Seattle?

Oh I misread your post. The downside is probably the fact that they will handle the 49ers easily and walk into their next games overconfident. That's about all I can think of.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the 49ers roster will be upgraded remarkably this upcoming season. They are going to be $50 million under the cap as it sits right now. Most of that is from players cut or retired from this past season.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget the 49ers roster will be upgraded remarkably this upcoming season. They are going to be $50 million under the cap as it sits right now. Most of that is from players cut or retired from this past season.

Name an NFL team in the last 5 years that headed into FA with a lot of cap space that has significantly upgraded its team by signing FA's. Few and far between. And this year's free agent class is likely going to be a big bust anyways (too many teams have cap space right now with the cap jumping meaning most players worth the contracts handed out in FA are being signed before hitting the open market).

You'll get a few slightly better players.....but the roster will not be upgraded remarkably via FA. The draft is still the key. FA is mostly fool's gold and is especially fool's gold when trying to fill a depleted roster.

And getting Chip in probably isn't going to help all that much in attracting FA's to boot with his reputation around the league.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly just traded away the niners best 3 players...oh wait...nevermind...they didnt have any for him to trade