• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Childress as starter!

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall, I believe that Ford played well but my first impression was that he "looked" a little lackadaisical or emotionless throughout the game. It seems that this might be his personality but he never had that fire in his eye that I'd like to see. I remember hearing Rasheed (for those who didn't watch the game, Rasheed Marshall was the analyst) saying that he wanted to see them open up the playbook because he was seeing the same sets, formations, and plays repeatedly. I'm just guessing that DH had a number of plays that he wanted the offense/Ford to learn really well and maybe he'll add more and more as they go along?? Makes sense but I could be wrong. Like someone said earlier, one can't complain when your freshman QB who's making his first ever collegiate start sets a passing record haha. One guy that I'm VERY excited about is Kwiatkoski...that dude, my friends, is a hard-hitting ball hawk!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was most impressed with Childress on 3rd downs. He kept the chains moving. Paul seemed to have his worst throws on 3rd down the last couple of weeks.

I think that this has panned out just like Holgerson wanted. Get by Oklahoma and then put in the Freshman. We did have some OL issues which is not promising against GA State. I have a feeling that we will give up alot of sacks this year.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was most impressed with Childress on 3rd downs. He kept the chains moving. Paul seemed to have his worst throws on 3rd down the last couple of weeks.
Millard on 3rd downs reminded me of my 8 year old son when we play in the backyard. If I run at him he screams, turns to run and throws the ball high into the air...
:lol:

aussierugbyfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had heard in a couple of Holgs interviews that Millard got the nod because he was most familiar with the system and the signals from the side lines - especially for the OK game.

As far as Ford, he said Ford was still transitioning out of redshirt mode - which isn't as easy as most think it should be (Holgs words not mine).