• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer and Salazar both scare the shit out of me.

Salazar looked pretty good in his G2 outing.

Frankly getting 5 innings out of them combined (and not making salazar come in mid inning) would've been an ideal scenario for CLE last night.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE game 7s. When the Indians aren't playing in them. . .

Seriously though, here's some perspective: The Indians just went into Wrigley Field and took two out of three. That's bad ass, and I'm sure that if I'd asked any of you Tribe fans last Friday if you'd be content with taking two out of three in Chicago, you'd have been ecstatic.

Well here we are. We need to win one of two home games and we've got two pitchers starting that have a combined ERA of 1.18 this postseason and a fully rested best bullpen in the majors.

Anything can happen, and we're tentative because they lost last night, but we're in pretty damn good shape.

Roll Tribe!!!

Yeah, them taking two out of three in Chicago is a best case scenario that pretty much nobody was imagining would happen. Tribe fans can only be happy at this point. Game 6 in Cleveland with two hot pitchers, first to score 1 wins lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Red Sox fan having an issue with another team's FO integrity. That's funny as hell.

Even so, I do agree with you, fuck the Cubs!

Hey I've been on here and said the Sox deserve what they got.

Everyone else is doing it is not an excuse.

They got smacked. It hurt. Now they need to figure out how to make up for it. Period. Full stop.

You won't see me doing any stupid #FreeRedSox hashtags.

No conspiracy theories or claiming that the investigation wasn't independent.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Salazar looked pretty good in his G2 outing.

Frankly getting 5 innings out of them combined (and not making salazar come in mid inning) would've been an ideal scenario for CLE last night.

I don't think that's a bad idea.

They both can be great when they're on point (that happens for Salazar more than it does Bauer), but they can both shit the bed like it's their jobs.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hendricks 2016 ERA
Home: 1.32
Away: 2.95

Plus, the only offenses he faced in 2016 that are as formidable as the Indians were COL and STL, and he was 1-4 against them.

Arrieta 2016 ERA
Home: 2.62
Away: 3.59

Cubs are a great team - maybe the best in baseball this year - so this definitely isn't in the bag, but the Indians have the advantage from here on out.
Indians FOR SURE have the advantage overall. That said I'll still take Arrieta over Tomlin every single day. If the Cubs cam get to fgme 7 they probably don't have a pitcher with a better demeanor to pitch it than Hendricks. Guy is unflappable. That said all the Indians need is a few runs and a lead after 5 or 6. Cubs haven't done dick vs the pen, they've had chances but just haven't been able to get that big hit. I'd give Cleveland a 75% chance to win this series right now

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That said I'll still take Arrieta over Tomlin every single day.

Over a season, I'd agree with that in a heartbeat, but tomorrow? I'm not so sure. Tomlin's postseason ERA is more than two full runs lower than Arrieta's, and he's done it against significantly stronger offenses. Plus, Tomlin will be at home.

I'd give Cleveland a 75% chance to win this series right now

Not bad. Fangraphs has them at 69.1%.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Going to a Game 7 with all the momentum on the Cubs side is not a situation the Indians want to be in, even if they are at home. Game 7's are unpredictable just like the Cavs coming back from 3-1 in Golden State and taking the trophy home after they had all momentum. I don't like Game 7's, even though we have Kluber pitching.
Yeah. Hendricks is still slinging. And even if he got in early trouble, Cubs could bring in the redneck strike thrower, Lackey, for several innings without batting an eyelash.

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
new guy checking in...

as a lifelong Yankee fan, this matchup is awesome for me...

either Francona or Epstein wins a ring and Boston cringes seeing it. GOLD.

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'd likely prefer Francona to win another over Epstein...the way Boston said goodbye to him was pretty mesed up. THere was no reason to drag him through the mud on the way out.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and i'd likely prefer Francona to win another over Epstein...the way Boston said goodbye to him was pretty mesed up. THere was no reason to drag him through the mud on the way out.

I think most would rather see Francona anyway.

The way epstein left was worse.

It sounded like Terry was burnt out from his time in Boston, so it was fairly mutual.

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most would rather see Francona anyway.

The way epstein left was worse.

It sounded like Terry was burnt out from his time in Boston, so it was fairly mutual.

didnt the Sox brass let out a bunch of info about prescription drug use on Francona and all?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt the Sox brass let out a bunch of info about prescription drug use on Francona and all?

Yes someone did.

It was a messy situation, but I would imagine for the fans the Tito departure was cleaner than the way Theo left and screwed them over.

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes someone did.

It was a messy situation, but I would imagine for the fans the Tito departure was cleaner than the way Theo left and screwed them over.

sure...

either way, both obviously great at their jobs, and as of now, it looks like manager and GM in place currently are not

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure...

either way, both obviously great at their jobs, and as of now, it looks like manager and GM in place currently are not

DD is what we'll call good enough.

Let's not forget he wsa the main architect behind the 1994 expos, he was the GM for the 97 WS Champ Marlins, and built a huge part of that 2003 Marlins team as well, not to mention bringing detroit back from the dead in the early to mid 2000s.

Oh and it looks like his rebuilding moves before leaving DET worked out pretty well (Michael Fulmer FTW!!).

The manager has his own title in 2013. But agreed he's not an upgrade from Francona.

The bottom line is that Red Sox ownership backed the wrong horse with Lucchino v. Theo.

I think Francona was leaving after 2011 no matter what. That part is JMO though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The+last+time+the+cubs+won+the+world+series+women+_9c98eea79e74603bd397ea13a1a53292.png

NYYFAN126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DD is what we'll call good enough.

Let's not forget he wsa the main architect behind the 1994 expos, he was the GM for the 97 WS Champ Marlins, and built a huge part of that 2003 Marlins team as well, not to mention bringing detroit back from the dead in the early to mid 2000s.

Oh and it looks like his rebuilding moves before leaving DET worked out pretty well (Michael Fulmer FTW!!).

The manager has his own title in 2013. But agreed he's not an upgrade from Francona.

The bottom line is that Red Sox ownership backed the wrong horse with Lucchino v. Theo.

I think Francona was leaving after 2011 no matter what. That part is JMO though.

I am not saying Dombrowski didn't 'used to be good at his job'...I am saying he many much more suckerer at jobbing now.

As for Francona, I can see the argument that Francona was on the way out regardless, I may not agree...I think that was all because of the garbage in the front office that led to a few of the things we are talking about, it was causation, not necessarily just happening at the same time.

Either way, he has gotten a lot out of this team, matched with a few rings...good for him...better than the boob they got managing now...thats for sure

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying Dombrowski didn't 'used to be good at his job'...I am saying he many much more suckerer at jobbing now.

As for Francona, I can see the argument that Francona was on the way out regardless, I may not agree...I think that was all because of the garbage in the front office that led to a few of the things we are talking about, it was causation, not necessarily just happening at the same time.

Either way, he has gotten a lot out of this team, matched with a few rings...good for him...better than the boob they got managing now...thats for sure

No question. Tito is a top 5 manager. Those don't become available all the time.