• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KvFoVzh.gif

Is that real? How did that kid not break his freaking neck?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How close were cubs fans to sending death threats to Contreraz if that missed catch lead to the indians tying that up in the 7th?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry @Across The Field that's a fact tho.

Guyer plays that ball properly and the Indians are still out celebrating this morning.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact is you're pissy that we smoked your team. That's the only fact here. Bad troll effort on your part.

No trolling at all.

don't know why you're being a grade A asshole.

Guyer misplayed that ball to a Nelson Cruz like level.

That is a fact.

It cost the team 2 additional runs that innings (Ross's fly ball becomes the 3rd out, not a sac fly, and Rizzo obviously doesn't score).

What the Indians are doing is amazing....but they've gotten terrible RF defense this entire series. From Chisenhall throwing to the wrong base and misplaying a ball in game 2, to the trainwreck flyball down the line in game 4, to Guyer turning a rizzo flyball into a double.

Which is all ironic becuase of all the attention on Santana in LF.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nevermind dude.

@Across The Field you're an idiot.

Can't even have a real conversation about the game.

Blocked.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Cubs chances in game 6 just as I like their chances tonight

I think everyone liked their chances in every game coming into the postseason, especially World Series. It is a shock that Cleveland was up 3-1 considering they only have half of their rotation

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a team that can comeback from this deficit it's the Cubs. Indians aren't taking anything for granted. They need to close this out Tuesday, no if's, and's or but's about that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical CLE choke job (Lebron in June the excpetion).;

Guyer treats Rizzo's flyball about as bad as Nelson Cruz in 2011, and much like that one it will likely cost them a title.

Pathetic at bats by Santana in the 7th and Lindor and Kipnis in the 8th all but sealed their fate.

Cubs are in the drivers seat despite being down 3-2.

You are reaching there man. That was going to be a tough catch regardless bc of the ivy and it was high up on the wall. He almost had it but basically had to wing it and attempt where the ball was going to be. To blame this entire game on one play that was no routine play whatsoever is dumb. Saying that players who have stepped up all series had pathetic at bats vs one of the most dominant pitchers is the game is also stupid.

Stop hating and appreciate some well pitched games in this World Series.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are reaching there man. That was going to be a tough catch regardless bc of the ivy and it was high up on the wall. He almost had it but basically had to wing it and attempt where the ball was going to be. To blame this entire game on one play that was no routine play whatsoever is dumb. Saying that players who have stepped up all series had pathetic at bats vs one of the most dominant pitchers is the game is also stupid.

That didn't hit up high on the wall at all. Had he played it correctly it was a routine catch at the base of the wall.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That didn't hit up high on the wall at all. Had he played it correctly it was a routine catch at the base of the wall.

Seems like it was about 6' or so. It was a catchable ball, but at the same time, the shape/dimensions of that corner are tricky and then you add the ivy and it certainly wasn't a rutine play.

I'm not going blame him for the loss - that's silly - but I will say that I wish we had Mookie Betts in RF. I'm sure that Betts, despite not being familiar with The Friendly Confines, would have just done a double reverse handspring over to the ivy-covered wall, backflipped himself on top and then hacky-sacked the ball a few times right into his glove.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's being a dipshit. He clearly didn't watch the play. It hit over halfway up the wall, and given how the wall suddenly juts back in that corner, there was no way this was remotely routine. He's angry that Cleveland swept Boston so he's trying to rub this loss in our face.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't routine lmao

If he doens't stop and tracks it correctly yes it is.

he catches it, standing flat footed with his back to the ivy.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is a team that can comeback from this deficit it's the Cubs. Indians aren't taking anything for granted. They need to close this out Tuesday, no if's, and's or but's about that.
I can't agree here. It's not like they blew us out last night, and it's also not like their bats have really proven to be remotely up to the task of facing off with Kluber. 12 IP, 1 ER, 15 Ks this series. That dude has ice water in his veins. While I certainly want them to finish it off on Tuesday, it's not like we're suddenly screwed if it's not.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doens't stop and tracks it correctly yes it is.

he catches it, standing flat footed with his back to the ivy.

Well considering he never plays in the ballpark it isn't routine. Not knowing the dimensions is a big part of it, it is a catchable ball but regardless it was a tough catch. Blaming a game on one play is just stupid, I think you even know that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree here. It's not like they blew us out last night, and it's also not like their bats have really proven to be remotely up to the task of facing off with Kluber. 12 IP, 1 ER, 15 Ks this series. That dude has ice water in his veins. While I certainly want them to finish it off on Tuesday, it's not like we're suddenly screwed if it's not.

IMO Going to a Game 7 with all the momentum on the Cubs side is not a situation the Indians want to be in, even if they are at home. Game 7's are unpredictable just like the Cavs coming back from 3-1 in Golden State and taking the trophy home after they had all momentum. I don't like Game 7's, even though we have Kluber pitching.