• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CHI/PHI Early thoughts?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big one.

I really don't know what's going to happen in this game. This is honestly the first Bears game I haven't been able to get a feel for all season.

A week ago, I would have said Philly would beat us pretty soundly, but after what happened to Philly in the Dome yesterday, and now with this defense looking a tad better with Briggs coming back. I think the Bears definitely have a shot to take this one.

Not to mention, Philly will likely have nothing to play for in this game. As a Dallas win versus Washington earlier on Sunday, would render the game irrelevant to them. No matter the outcome, they have to beat Dallas in Week 17 to win the NFC East. A loss to Dallas, sends them packing. There were even questions addressed to Chip Kelly today about possibly resting his starters.

I think both offense have a pretty good showing. McCoy has a big day on the ground, as does Forte. I'm not making a prediction yet, but I believe it will be a high scoring and fun affair.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutler gets it done

In his second game back, I expect him to find his rhythm and have a very nice day against a defense that just got burned by Minnesota (without AP or Gerhart, for that matter).

MajorPackersFan

Boycott CBS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly is legit, they'll bounce back and torch you guys. If they are pretenders, the Bears should win this one. I honestly don't know which is for real, but I believe you all know what I'm hoping for. I will wish you health so that Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb and Co. can face you at full strength. :suds:

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to Philly's poor pass Defense against our O, and their Run game vs. our D. I like our chances.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will come down to Philly's poor pass Defense against our O, and their Run game vs. our D. I like our chances.

You have to think this team is riding high right now. Basically given a second life, and having first place handed right back to them.

I think we CAN definitely win this game. I'm not counting my eggs before they hatch though. Still torn on a prediction.

PackMaster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a big one.

I really don't know what's going to happen in this game. This is honestly the first Bears game I haven't been able to get a feel for all season.

A week ago, I would have said Philly would beat us pretty soundly, but after what happened to Philly in the Dome yesterday, and now with this defense looking a tad better with Briggs coming back. I think the Bears definitely have a shot to take this one.

Not to mention, Philly will likely have nothing to play for in this game. As a Dallas win versus Washington earlier on Sunday, would render the game irrelevant to them. No matter the outcome, they have to beat Dallas in Week 17 to win the NFC East. A loss to Dallas, sends them packing. There were even questions addressed to Chip Kelly today about possibly resting his starters.

I think both offense have a pretty good showing. McCoy has a big day on the ground, as does Forte. I'm not making a prediction yet, but I believe it will be a high scoring and fun affair.

I think philly plays tough no matter what dallas does, they still want to get the highest seed possible in the playoffs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think philly plays tough no matter what dallas does, they still want to get the highest seed possible in the playoffs.

True, and they don't want to drop two in a row heading into the Dallas game.

Also, the Bears could actually be in that same position too. If Detroit finds a way to lose to the Giants, and the Packers win. It's guaranteed GB/CHI for the division title the following week.

Man, that's going to be a good one, if it pans out that way.

I got tickets to that game before the year. For a while, it looked like it would be an irrelevant game for both teams. Now it looks like it could be one of the headlining games of the NFL regular season. At the very least, it's absolutely guaranteed to have playoff implications for the Bears, and for GB as long as they take care of Pittsburgh.

I wonder what the NFL is going to do with all three GB/CHI, DAL/PHI, and CIN/BAL looking like they're going to be playing for all of the marbles in their division come next week.

I wonder which game they'll flex to SNF? I would love it if it was the Bears. Although, I kind of get the feeling they'll ride the east coast bias, and the ratings that Dallas brings in.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mcclain is our problem this week.

C

cubzzzfanincali

tough game to call. Battle of two inconsistent teams. Philly's pass defense is horrible, and we have a great passing game. Our run defense is terrible, and they have McCoy.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and they don't want to drop two in a row heading into the Dallas game.
Man, that's going to be a good one, if it pans out that way.

I got tickets to that game before the year.

Lucky dog.... honestly hope both Green Bay and Chicago win this week, want it all on the line for the two in the final week.

IMO the two most storied franchises fighting it out for playoff spot... does not get any better.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lucky dog.... honestly hope both Green Bay and Chicago win this week, want it all on the line for the two in the final week.

IMO the two most storied franchises fighting it out for playoff spot... does not get any better.

As good as that sounds, I would be ok if it meant less. Go Pitt.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bears D is improving, even though in little "baby steps"

But any improvement is worth noting. The offense, well, they are another story. I think the Bears will put up points... The question is, how many and will it be enough?

IDK, but I think it will be a great game.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I would love for it to come down to that. Although, I won't complain if DET and GB stumble this week, and we clinch the division with a win on Sunday Night.

I just think that if this team can't beat GB when it matters, and get over that hump. They don't deserve it. If GB can come into Soldier Field and end the Bears season once again... celebrate on their home turf... that's really devastating.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Detroit somehow loses to Detroit Sunday. I'd also note that this game COULD also be meaningless to us, as far as the NFC North goes. As long as GB beats PIT, we can't eliminate them.

It would still matter as far as playoff seeding. The winner assures themselves the #3 seed if they win the division, and knocks the other team down to the #4.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the weather will be like in Philly.

Last edited by a moderator:

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get Forte at least 30 touches and I think we win. McCoy only ran the ball 7 times last week in a loss, Chip isn't going to make the mistake of abandoning the run two weeks in a row. coughbillcallahancough
So our D is going to have to find a way to stop the run.

I know the chances are not too likely, but god it would be awesome to clinch this week.