• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chen to get us started

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that, a 2-run homer..............

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Buck will never learn.

NJBuckO's

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Knew it! Just knew it.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh buck is getting me pissed .

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was lost when markakis popped out softly to the catcher with bases loaded and 1 out

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone on this thread still believe this team has what it takes to make the post season.

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't even believe this team is going to finish the games for the last month and a half over .500. They just have no offense they can consistently produce. BP has fallen completely apart. This team was never able to string wins together and their losing streaks have been longer than their winning streaks.

Just ain't going to happen this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like clockwork for Chen. He can't go into the 7th. Buck will never learn...

I have said this before, and I'll say it again: By all means, burn the bullpen, because the pitch count for our starters is 5 innings (6 for Chen). Anything more is playing with fire.

Does anyone on this thread still believe this team has what it takes to make the post season.

As much as I hate to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say this: Not with Buck as the manager if given our current set of players. While this team isn't perfect, it can be good enough if the players are used in such a way to maximize their strengths (and perhaps even more important, minimize their weaknesses).

But that's not happening. As the saying goes, insanity is doing the same thing (e.g. leaving in starters for too long / keeping Johnson as the closer while he's struggling in that role) and expecting different results.

Last edited by a moderator:

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well the duke deals look pretty sad . krod looks like a dl thingy

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, it's one thing to give up a home run to a great hitter like Tulowitzki. But to give up a home run to a guy that just hits his third of the year? Come on.....Not to mention the guy earlier in the game who hit his first career home run. They're giving up longballs to guys who shouldn't be hitting them in the first place.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, it's one thing to give up a home run to a great hitter like Tulowitzki. But to give up a home run to a guy that just hits his third of the year? Come on.....Not to mention the guy earlier in the game who hit his first career home run. They're giving up longballs to guys who shouldn't be hitting them in the first place.

As a last resort, here's what I would recommend for September: Call up every pitcher on the 40-man roster. That way, you could have someone warming up in the bullpen throughout the game so that quick hooks can be applied whenever needed. (Essentially, the idea is to pitch every game as a relay if that's what it takes to prevent giving up runs.)

dave1978

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a last resort, here's what I would recommend for September: Call up every pitcher on the 40-man roster. That way, you could have someone warming up in the bullpen throughout the game so that quick hooks can be applied whenever needed. (Essentially, the idea is to pitch every game as a relay if that's what it takes to prevent giving up runs.)

I'm with you on that.

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chen's weakness has always been he surrenders home runs. And it seems as though the entire BP has been giving up runs lately. The Orioles have been losing to sub .500 teams all year. Their offense has been producing less runs for some time now.

Add all those things together and it doesn't sum up to a post season appearance.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chen's weakness has always been he surrenders home runs. And it seems as though the entire BP has been giving up runs lately. The Orioles have been losing to sub .500 teams all year. Their offense has been producing less runs for some time now.

Add all those things together and it doesn't sum up to a post season appearance.

Sad but true... the fact is that the 2012 Orioles had overachieved; some regression to the mean should be expected in 2013. Indeed, from the standpoint of run differential, it's very possible for a better 2013 team to end up with a worse record (say, somewhere close to 86-76). Let's not forget that the 2012 team caught a hot streak in the last two months of the season; since this year's team has as similar record in mid-August, a worse result should be expected.

CamdenFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis goes down hacking. When the Orioles know they need runs... 5 up, 5 down.

Not a winning formula.

calfan810

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team isn't responding anymore...last yr u could always bank on beating the teams we should beat...this yr they beat the top teams and lose to the worst teams...score early or late but never thru innings 4_5_6...pitchers on the mound KNOW NOTHING ABOUT A 1-2-3 inning...lastly this team has no heart or fight...team full of politically correct bitches who would rather lose any say something nice about the other team than win and look like assholes...me is rather us have a mean SOB on this team like roger Clemens or Nolan Ryan...absolute cowards WHO REFUSE TO ADJUST... If ur losing and ur doing one thing over and over refuse to change it...u are not a good player