• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Utley

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Francisco Giants close to acquiring Chase Utley from Phillies - Around the Foghorn

I'm yelling bust already, and it hasn't even happened yet. If this writer knows what he is writing, this is just ridiculous. Crick, maybe, but if either Beede or Susac get shipped off, then this will be a dumb move. We don't need a 2nd baseman if Panik will be back soon and we definitely don't need Utley manning 1st base and moving Belt to left field. Weakens defense, and I don't care how Utley has hit recently, he's been awful this year. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley cleared waivers.

That alone should say that he will not cost Beede or Susac. Crick, maybe. But not Beede or Susac. If it does cost either of them, I would simply be speachless (autocorrect is weird, is corrected "speachless" to "SpeachesBiggio"). My only conclusion would be that there is something very wrong with whomever we ended up giving up.

18 strong ABs does not equal Beede.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think its gonna cost much of anything at all. Utley is done.....he may have a hot 4 weeks left, but that's it and it's a long shot.

I wouldn't worry LHG about the prospect going the other way.....should be a distant B- prospect.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not familiar with this writer so I have no idea whether he's writing out of his butt or has some knowledge of the situation. Either way, I don't see this doing anything, really, to strengthen the team. The people are talking about Utley's offense, they seem to think we are getting 2013 Utley. With his hot streak, his season numbers are now .196/.266/.298. For comparison's sake, that looks very close to what McGehee did in his time here (.216/.275/.299).

BroncoInCALI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, I see it as a band aid until Panik gets back, which then turns into a "lightning in a bottle", vet, bench bat for the stretch run.

If it costs anything more than a mid-level minor leaguer, I would think we would pass. At least, I hope we would.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anything, I see it as a band aid until Panik gets back, which then turns into a "lightning in a bottle", vet, bench bat for the stretch run.

If it costs anything more than a mid-level minor leaguer, I would think we would pass. At least, I hope we would.
Agree.

I think Crick would be an over-pay, but he would be in the neighborhood of what I would be willing to part with.

Maybe Villalona or Oropessa...

All these names assume the Phils will be taking the bulk of the owed money...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

I think Crick would be an over-pay, but he would be in the neighborhood of what I would be willing to part with.

No freaking way I'd give up Crick, or anything close to our top 20 players. Utley would be the rentalest of all rentals. Perhaps 15 games by season's end? And now he's saying he needs "guaranteed playing time."

Nope, he's going to the Chubbs. Castro is just that bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No freaking way I'd give up Crick, or anything close to our top 20 players. Utley would be the rentalest of all rentals. Perhaps 15 games by season's end? And now he's saying he needs "guaranteed playing time."

Nope, he's going to the Chubbs. Castro is just that bad.
If he is requesting that, there is no chance he comes here.

[/THREAD]

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/THREAD]
Per Evans, we've submitted an offer -- lots of interest in him league wide. Don't know if we've talked to his agent and explained the playtime situation.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

This. I haven't seen anything written up about whether the Phils would pay the remaining 3 to 4 million or if the Giants would assume that money. With names like Crick, it better be the former.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[/THREAD]
Not sure he goes anywhere. I've got to wonder if that is his way of ensuring that he finishes his career a Phillie. He can veto any trade and this gives him the excuse to stay put.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was the last time the Giants openly said that they were going after a specific player in a trade? When they REALLY want someone, they usually play their cards pretty close to the vest.

I suspect they have next to zero interest in Utley and are just driving his price up on the doggies (Kendrick went down recently as well).

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utley cleared waivers.

That alone should say that he will not cost Beede or Susac. Crick, maybe. But not Beede or Susac. If it does cost either of them, I would simply be speachless (autocorrect is weird, is corrected "speachless" to "SpeachesBiggio"). My only conclusion would be that there is something very wrong with whomever we ended up giving up.

18 strong ABs does not equal Beede.
your autocorrect is dumb. it should have corrected it to "speechless".

:whistle:

And booooo! on Utley! Does this mean that Panik is more hurt than anyone is admitting? I hope it really is just to drive up prices.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be beyond pissed if we trade anything of value for Utley. He's washed up and not worth more then a bag of balls and a spittoon....maybe a can of copenhagen at best, but probably for a can of Grizzly instead.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record, my "recomendation" of doing Crick in this deal was more about my current evaluation of Crick than my current evaluation of Utley...