• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Utley extension seems to be in the works

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm just about running out of patience with this bullshit. you have two guys at triple A in hernandez and asche, who both recently turned 23, that are batting around .300. you have franco, 20, batting .320 on the year (and .367 at AA.)

why the fuck would you try to extend a soon to be 35 year old, who is injury prone with bad knees? when you see the same negative shit year after year, how can you NOT GET IT? does he not see what ruiz is doing? what rollins is doing? what has happened to halladay? what has happened to howard? what is already happening to papelbon? there is NO WAY utley comes out these next 2 seasons and does equal or better to what he is doing this season.

and the really messed up part is, this screams something like 3 year deal with a mutual option for 4.. being that they want him to "retire a phillie." i sure as hell don't think chase wants to call it quits at 36.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this team continues to get old and young talented prospects rot in the minors till they turn 29 before they get a shot, since we are not on ESPN this won't be sensored so I can say Fuck you Ruben you goddam moron, why does this man continue to dismantle this team with dumb signings of old guy who are over the hill, oft injured and have lost a few steps?? He proves time and time again he is fucking braindead!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caligula, _Phillies_, Progeriakid. I hear you guys loud and clear and 100% am with you on all sentiments expressed here. All three of you have hit the nail squarely on the head and it is clear to any body with a functioning brain that Rueben is freakin brain dead and didn't learn a damn thing with the Howard contract.

O.K. So you want Utley to retire a Philly. Dump his ass and when he is ready to retire, bring him back for a one-day contract like they do in the NFL. Freakin' Amare is killing this club by not bringing all three guys mentioned. Just plain stupid!! And we are going to have to sit through another subpar year just because this idiot is a MORON!!!

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh..... I love Utley. Great player when healthy, but he is old and never healthy anymore. This is something Amaro would do too. He is an idiot. The contract better be very favorable for the Phillies.

SickFelonIsGOAT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing favorable for the phillies would be to NOT sign utley.

I wouldn't be opposed to them signing him if he were cheap like what a backup would make and for no more than 3 years.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anything more than one year for utley is just asking for trouble. history just repeats itself. howard, rollins, ruiz... what more do you need