• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase Minniefield moved up

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hah! In one sentence, you say we have to use our cap money wisely and then in the very next sentence, you ask why we wouldn't want Talib! He expects to be the highest paid CB in the league and may get it. Cerato sure would have made him the highest. But if we have learned anything, never go after the guy who is looking for the big paycheck as a first priority. That is Talib. We can get a good CB for much less, giving us money to solve another hole somewhere.

I'm a firm believer that if you are going to sign a FA, make sure he is an upgrade over what you have. But stay away from those that are looking for the big payday. Their motivations are not right and you tend to never get the value for the exorbitant price you paid.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talib is not going to be the highest paid CB in the league b/c of his age. If he is 6mil per season I say go get him. He instantly becomes our #1 CB on our team. I want talib, Hall, and Amerson.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
talib is not going to be the highest paid CB in the league b/c of his age. If he is 6mil per season I say go get him. He instantly becomes our #1 CB on our team. I want talib, Hall, and Amerson.

That would be a great CB crew, but I see no way Talib goes for $6/yr. There will be a bidding war for his services. I bet he goes more for the 8-9M range.

BTW, he's only 27.......

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he wont get that money b/c of his off field problems and injury history. Sean Smith from the Chiefs got a 3 yr 17 mil deal last year. He is a year younger. Talib's deal should be very similar. 3yr 18-19 mil would be perfect for us.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singing either of them - Talib or Rak - to big money contracts would be a mistake.

Rak should be told that the redskins can just as easily go 4-12 (or whatever they end up with this year) without him as they can with him. He isn't a difference maker out there, which is partly not his fault (he should be a pass rusher, period).

Rak should be told that plenty of others took a pay cut to play here, and that if he really wants to be part of the solution when the team turns it around, he will sign for a few million less then what he might get "on the market."

Rak should be told that any big money that goes to his signing means a weaker team overall. Does he want to win on a TEAM, or is he simply interested in getting paid? If it's "getting paid," then offer him a fair deal for a good lb who isn't Aldon Smith, Luke Kuechly, Terrell Suggs, or even Von Miller, but is better than an ancient Desuckass Ware, anybody on the eagles, and anybody not named Kerrigan on the redskins (not saying much).

Talib has played himself out of a huge contract in New England this year. Anybody who says differently hasn't watched many NE games. I don't have any idea where skinsdad gets the laughable notion that he's a top five cb - he wasn't when he was on the Bucs, and he hasn't done well in NE.

He's also not that young, and is (I believe) one strike away from a year-long ban.

Pass.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Singing either of them - Talib or Rak - to big money contracts would be a mistake.

Rak should be told that the redskins can just as easily go 4-12 (or whatever they end up with this year) without him as they can with him. He isn't a difference maker out there, which is partly not his fault (he should be a pass rusher, period).

Rak should be told that plenty of others took a pay cut to play here, and that if he really wants to be part of the solution when the team turns it around, he will sign for a few million less then what he might get "on the market."

Rak should be told that any big money that goes to his signing means a weaker team overall. Does he want to win on a TEAM, or is he simply interested in getting paid? If it's "getting paid," then offer him a fair deal for a good lb who isn't Aldon Smith, Luke Kuechly, Terrell Suggs, or even Von Miller, but is better than an ancient Desuckass Ware, anybody on the eagles, and anybody not named Kerrigan on the redskins (not saying much).

Talib has played himself out of a huge contract in New England this year. Anybody who says differently hasn't watched many NE games. I don't have any idea where skinsdad gets the laughable notion that he's a top five cb - he wasn't when he was on the Bucs, and he hasn't done well in NE.

He's also not that young, and is (I believe) one strike away from a year-long ban.

Pass.

i think you have got the wrong guy there buddy . never said talib was a top 5 cb unless my agent orange was kicking up .

as for Rak i think you keep the guy , sorry but tapp , jackson and jenkins havent given the production rak does

you dont get better by getting rid your best defender . soon kerrigan will be do a new contract , do you tell him to walk ? Both guys careers are just about the same

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on RAK. He is going to want big money. You are wrong on Talib. He shuts down WR's he is big and he can tackle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on RAK. He is going to want big money. You are wrong on Talib. He shuts down WR's he is big and he can tackle.

how do you know what Rak will want ? do you think he wants clay mathews money ? 5 yrs 66 mil ?

i think 5 years at 35-40 is more like it

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pass.

if you tell him that then what does that say to the players you drafted ? Rak has been a productive model redskins player whom we drafted and your reward is to take a pay cut ? what does that tell a morris or a reed or a kerrigan ?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it is true but heard today that Chase is being promoted as a reward for practicing hard. He gets a game check but will likely be inactive and put back on the practice squad following this game when Hurt becomes eligible to play next week.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if it is true but heard today that Chase is being promoted as a reward for practicing hard. He gets a game check but will likely be inactive and put back on the practice squad following this game when Hurt becomes eligible to play next week.

:noidea: why some of you guys think he could be a starter for us next year. He has injury issues and when he has been healthy, hasn't been able to break the 2-deep in this sucky secondary. I hope I am wrong and this guy turns into a solid starter... I just don't see it happening.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: why some of you guys think he could be a starter for us next year. He has injury issues and when he has been healthy, hasn't been able to break the 2-deep in this sucky secondary. I hope I am wrong and this guy turns into a solid starter... I just don't see it happening.

i like the guy and he has some tools we need but a jump to solid starter in the NFL ? keep expectations in check

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the hell said he could start. I gave some info to folks on here that wanted to see him play.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this team ever gonna build through the draft or always be FA dependent? Time for change, after next draft I would like the team to look for ways to get better through the draft.
Yes there are some needs through free agency, I just hope we don't do anything stupid, we have to sign Rak.

We are building through the draft, it just takes time. You do realize that there are 52 players on a roster. It would take roughly 7 years to build completely through the draft. Keep in mind we traded away our first round picks for 2013 and 2014. You can't hit jackpot on each and every pick as well. We are 4 years removed from overhauling the roster.

While the draft is crucial, it takes several years to get to the point where you build solely through the draft. We have 7 gapping holes on this team currently. There is no way you can draft 6 or 7 players this year to address it. We don't even have a 1st round pick this year. We are probably 2-3 years away from the point of building mostly through the draft.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014 cb's should be Talib, Amerson, Hall and Minnifeild.

Not picking on anyone...not saying he will never be a good player, but I wouldn't hedge my bets on it at this point. He has been in the program for 2 or 3 years now and can't even get off the PS.

If he ever turns into anything more, I will gladly open mouth and insert foot because we need some quality DBs in a bad way.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not picking on anyone...not saying he will never be a good player, but I wouldn't hedge my bets on it at this point. He has been in the program for 2 or 3 years now and can't even get off the PS.

If he ever turns into anything more, I will gladly open mouth and insert foot because we need some quality DBs in a bad way.

he has been hurt in year one

this year he is learning

however a lot of people here think he is the future . i say lets not anoint him yet

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are building through the draft, it just takes time. You do realize that there are 52 players on a roster. It would take roughly 7 years to build completely through the draft. Keep in mind we traded away our first round picks for 2013 and 2014. You can't hit jackpot on each and every pick as well. We are 4 years removed from overhauling the roster.

While the draft is crucial, it takes several years to get to the point where you build solely through the draft. We have 7 gapping holes on this team currently. There is no way you can draft 6 or 7 players this year to address it. We don't even have a 1st round pick this year. We are probably 2-3 years away from the point of building mostly through the draft.

Very true, it is very hard to completely overhaul a team through the draft. It takes a long time and either alot of luck (on mid to late round picks) or a FO with a great eye for talent. This franchise has not had either of those in recent history. Maybe Reed and Morris are a good start.

Better to build with good draft picks and quality FA signings (like many of you have said). Then you can simply draft BPA for depth and get some total studs at great draft spots. Reload if you will (not rebuild).

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has been hurt in year one

this year he is learning

however a lot of people here think he is the future . i say lets not anoint him yet

I agree, he went from a potential 1-2 round pick to undrafted. I feel like there is a reason for that and its not only him being injured around the time of the draft. He was a good player at UVA .. so there is definetely potential. Even if he doesn't work out, nothing lost.

Getting a little bit OT here, but if Shanny is going to take chances on big time prospects who take a major drop pre draft ... then he needs to look at some of the studs with character issues (I know, I know) who have TREMENDOUS upside. Vontaze Burfict would have been a great addition to the team and playing with LBF a proven leader would have been a great thing.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, he went from a potential 1-2 round pick to undrafted. I feel like there is a reason for that and its not only him being injured around the time of the draft. He was a good player at UVA .. so there is definetely potential. Even if he doesn't work out, nothing lost.

Getting a little bit OT here, but if Shanny is going to take chances on big time prospects who take a major drop pre draft ... then he needs to look at some of the studs with character issues (I know, I know) who have TREMENDOUS upside. Vontaze Burfict would have been a great addition to the team and playing with LBF a proven leader would have been a great thing.

Honey Badger is another example.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess he wasn't activated?