• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% this. I posted a gif earlier of three instances yesterday; two where targeting actually occurred and no penalty was called, and one where it was shoulder to shoulder and it was called and the kid was ejected. It's beyond fucked up how poorly this penalty is being implemented.

These idiots who claim "THE REFS ARE ONLY ENFORCING THE RULE OF THE LAW"

Are.....idiots

It's 100% subjective most of the time with the officials on that given day calling it however they feel like.

If you are going to play the "ITS THE RULE" card, call the fucking rule appropriately in ALL instances.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These idiots who claim "THE REFS ARE ONLY ENFORCING THE RULE OF THE LAW"

Are.....idiots

It's 100% subjective most of the time with the officials on that given day calling it however they feel like.

If you are going to play the "ITS THE RULE" card, call the fucking rule appropriately in ALL instances.
No, the point is the rule is the problem when it isn't possible for most crews to come to the same conclusion looking at the same evidence. They are only capable of being as accurate as their rule set and tools allow them to be.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the point is the rule is the problem when it isn't possible for most crews to come to the same conclusion looking at the same evidence. They are only capable of being as accurate as their rule set and tools allow them to be.

Well youd think the call on the field should always stand in that case. Am I rite?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well youd think the call on the field should always stand in that case. Am I rite?
Those are two different questions, but you are wrong on your premise anyway.

Under the rule as it is written the helmet to helmet contact should be called.

I think it is a really bad rule written poorly and way too harsh. And have said as much. I would not be in favor of that, or other non intentional / incidental contact resulting in ejections. I'm not even sure if I'd give that play a 15y penalty. It has gone way too far.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are two different questions, but you are wrong on your premise anyway.

Under the rule as it is written the helmet to helmet contact should be called.

I think it is a really bad rule written poorly and way too harsh. And have said as much. I would not be in favor of that, or other non intentional / incidental contact resulting in ejections. I'm not even sure if I'd give that play a 15y penalty. It has gone way too far.

It's absolutely still called selectively though. Call it every time or not at all if thats the "written rule"

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's absolutely still called selectively though. Call it every time or not at all if thats the "written rule"
And I already covered that. That's why it's a bad rule.

The rule is the issue.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said had it been called incomplete on the field Id have no issue. I'm failing to see the indisputable evidence that overturned the call on the field. Feels like crews are completely forgetting that part of the equation
It's ruining the game. Regardless of teams, situation, etc., I cannot stand the "Let the play go" and figure it out later mentality, as it is doubly tough to overturn a wrong call with the evidence rule. So, an auto advantage is given to the team the refs "Let score". Iowa State almost lost to UNI this year, as BOTH UNI TDs were on plays that the refs let play out, both were iffy, and both stood because there was not enough evidence to overturn. I realize this is different than what happened in the Fiesta Bowl, but the call mentality stinks. If a ref thinks it's incomplete, call it incomplete, don't let it "Play Out".

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's ruining the game. Regardless of teams, situation, etc., I cannot stand the "Let the play go" and figure it out later mentality, as it is doubly tough to overturn a wrong call with the evidence rule. So, an auto advantage is given to the team the refs "Let score". Iowa State almost lost to UNI this year, as BOTH UNI TDs were on plays that the refs let play out, both were iffy, and both stood because there was not enough evidence to overturn. I realize this is different than what happened in the Fiesta Bowl, but the call mentality stinks. If a ref thinks it's incomplete, call it incomplete, don't let it "Play Out".

Or just don't give such deference to the on-field refs since they prove game-in, game-out they're bad at their jobs.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do we have a final ruling? Did the refs screw OSU or not?????

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just don't give such deference to the on-field refs since they prove game-in, game-out they're bad at their jobs.
Whatever the answer, something needs to be done with this one particular type of ruling on the field and in the booth. It's bogus to let a play that is not clear to an official to continue when it takes so called indisputable visual evidence to overturn - especially when it is leading to a score. Let the officials call it like they see it, and let the booth officials do what they do.