• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP SEMIFINAL: Clemson (13-0) vs Ohio State (13-0) 8pm ET ESPN

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Admitting my homo tendencies is the first step....

tenor.gif

No, good for you!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough loss in a big game. Fans are going to be emotional. Never makes sense to me when fans of totally unrelated teams ask for complete contrition

That just isn't going to happen. Not saying it's fair to just pin it on the refs because it isn't but neither is expecting absolutely zero comments in regards to key plays.
Most fans of a team in your situation would be bitter and pissing about those ref calls. Most of us are just pointing out that this is all that it is, just pissing in a close loss that hurts and lashing out.

I miss the big hits we used to have. Remember when you didn't throw a crossing route against tough defenses without worry over a WR getting just wrecked? Loved that shit. Those days are over.

Remember when everyone just knew what a catch was? Didn't have instant replay with 30 angles trying to count steps or look for that moment of loss of control to try to guess if it was still not secured or ball was being stripped by the defender. It wasn't complicated and it worked most of the time. They created stupid rules to try to fix those few times it was controversial and it made it worse IMO.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you can give lots of examples? I mean I haven't read every post so if it has happened go ahead and quote them so we can all blast them.

The rule sucks. It brings bad results regularly. It has bitten every team at some point. Yet, it is also accurate to say the call was correct in this game under that bogus rule. The rule is the problem. I see most on both sides agreeing with that.

I’ve seen the “god forbid they make rules to prevent brain trauma” defense plenty. Not on this board maybe but other places.

As I said before though it’s not as much about player protection as it is the NCAA being able to say “LOOK WE DID SOMETHING!” In re: the concussion issues. Covering their own ass.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt care who won and i picked Clemson. Its certainly also completely accurate to say OSU didnt capitalize early and that played a huge part in them losing.

However i hate when bad calls play a big part in the game. The targeting call was the right call by the letter of the rule, its just a poorly written rule.

That said

The fumble overturn was the worst. I love when they say " well youre watching it in slow mo so it seems like he caught it and took 3 steps but he really didnt".
Ummm no Clark. Slow motion possession and 3 steps is the exact same thing as live speed and 3 steps, only slower. If you record me in slow motion banging your girlfriend it doesnt mean i didnt actually bang her. It just makes it seem like i lasted longer.... which i support

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen the “god forbid they make rules to prevent brain trauma” defense plenty. Not on this board maybe but other places.

As I said before though it’s not as much about player protection as it is the NCAA being able to say “LOOK WE DID SOMETHING!” In re: the concussion issues. Covering their own ass

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees with the bolded statement.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt care who won and i picked Clemson. Its certainly also completely accurate to say OSU didnt capitalize early and that played a huge part in them losing.

However i hate when bad calls play a big part in the game. The targeting call was the right call by the letter of the rule, its just a poorly written rule.

That said

The fumble overturn was the worst. I love when they say " well youre watching it in slow mo so it seems like he caught it and took 3 steps but he really didnt".
Ummm no Clark. Slow motion possession and 3 steps is the exact same thing as live speed and 3 steps, only slower. If you record me in slow motion banging your girlfriend it doesnt mean i didnt actually bang her. It just makes it seem like i lasted longer.... which i support

3 steps isn't listed as a football move in the NCAA rulebook.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can go at crotch/level, literally BELOW the waist, on a tackle... and if the offensive player decides to crouch or throw himself to the ground at that moment, you’ll get ejected from the game:
9469793.jpg

...but if the offensive player does NOT shift his position, it’s just a good tackle?:
220px-UT_sacks_McGee_of_A%26M_2006-11-24.jpg

It’s a terrible rule and application, and y’all keep arguing for it in general and IN THOSE cases. You’re truly stupid.
Again, where is anyone saying there isn't incidental contact where the runner/wr/QB doesn't somehow change their course and cause the contact and yet the defender gets ejected? Yes, it happens and it sucks. It's still going to be called.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most fans of a team in your situation would be bitter and pissing about those ref calls. Most of us are just pointing out that this is all that it is, just pissing in a close loss that hurts and lashing out.

I miss the big hits we used to have. Remember when you didn't throw a crossing route against tough defenses without worry over a WR getting just wrecked? Loved that shit. Those days are over.

Remember when everyone just knew what a catch was? Didn't have instant replay with 30 angles trying to count steps or look for that moment of loss of control to try to guess if it was still not secured or ball was being stripped by the defender. It wasn't complicated and it worked most of the time. They created stupid rules to try to fix those few times it was controversial and it made it worse IMO.

Like I said what bothers me isnt so much the personal foul it's that it wasn't called in the field and then only after the QB flops around on the ground that it then draws not only a personal foul but an ejection

That's what is weak about it. Had Lawrence popped back up I guarantee we aren't looking at it a second time.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He was talking to someone with a girlfriend.

Michael Jordan Hane's commercials don't count a a girlfriend no matter how often you jerk to it retard.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, where is anyone saying there isn't incidental contact where the runner/wr/QB doesn't somehow change their course and cause the contact and yet the defender gets ejected? Yes, it happens and it sucks. It's still going to be called.
Stop saying this, dunce. There are tons of ppl defending it in this thread AND in a thread I made FOR THIS EXACT SUBJECT. Go read

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said what bothers me isnt so much the personal foul it's that it wasn't called in the field and then only after the QB flops around on the ground that it then draws not only a personal foul but an ejection

That's what is weak about it. Had Lawrence popped back up I guarantee we aren't looking at it a second time.

Of course the more time the replay crew has to review a play the more likely it will be challenged. There's a reason why teams go fast after a questionable call.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop saying this, dunce. There are tons of ppl defending it in this thread AND in a thread I made FOR THIS EXACT SUBJECT. Go read

Haven't seen anyone defending the rule in this thread. Since there are so many...feel free to quote someone defending it in this thread.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah that was the game changer. 6 points were taken off the scoreboard. Put them back and tOSU wins by 3 points

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the more time the replay crew has to review a play the more likely it will be challenged. There's a reason why teams go fast after a questionable call.

We can't exactly drag him off the field.

In real time the shoulder throw by Young was more egregious in my mind. I can see the personal foul on that

But that happens very often....a play gets blown up by a D and they don't tackle the QB "right"

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TD or not a TD if that play happens in the EZ?
A) TD
B) no TD
B, not a TD, to complete the catch process you must complete all 3 phases as outlined in the rule and he didnt

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then by all means you are dismissed. You may return to your thread to fight whatever you are bloviating on about. If you don't have an actual quote of something in THIS thread... :wave:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet if a guy catches a pass, takes 3 steps, crosses the goaline and the ball gets knocked out it would somehow be a TD

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you doing in this thread anyway retard. Your team didn't qualify for the playoffs. They are shit, just like you.
Come on BT I didn't have a horse in the race last night, but I/we can post our comments in a college football thread.

Bayou Tiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take your homer blinders off and watch the play again, the DB spun him around in a circle, the receiver did not turn up field, he did not turn. The ball coming down to his knees and not his waist proves that he did not have control of the ball, if he had control the ball would have been tucked into his arm around his waist. Instead his arms stayed extended and dropped to his knees.

You need this...

FREE-Eye-Exam.png

Go watch the replay again. He caught the ball and had possesion for 4 steps, holding the ball out in front of him. The reason he didn't imediately tuck the ball in at the waist is because the defenders hand and arm were in the way. When he did try to tuck it away is when the defenders arm knocked the ball lose.

It was clearly a fumble and the correct call was made on the field.

To overturn the call on the field "conclusive" evidence need have been shown.

When viewing the replay, one can easily observe the receiver take 4 steps after securing the catch.

It was a horrible call and cost the Buckeyes the game.

/End of discussion.