• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Rankings

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you guys think of the first CFP rankings? They are definitely better than any of the other polls, but I have a few issues with it:

1. Quit sniffing the SEC. The PAC-12 is arguably better and, if not, they aren't so inferior that 3 teams from the SEC are in the top 4 and none from the PAC.

2. Michigan State, Notre Dame and (arguably) Oregon really have no business being ahead of Arizona based on pure resume. MI State lost to Oregon...we crushed Oregon at their house. ND has beaten one team that's not a joke (Stanford). Oregon...well, we beat them and we both have one loss. I can at least see them still getting love though since they did beat MI State out of conference (better than anyone in our non-con) and have an extra win.

3. I love that we are ahead of ASU. Ask any ASPoo fan if they thought we'd be ahead of them the first CFP rankings and you won't find one. BEAR DOWN!

Gotta beat UCLA! If we beat them on the road and some things happen with the teams ahead of us, the Cats could be looking at a serious jump in the next CFP poll.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
utter bullshit. You beat Oregon and *puoofff you/re ranked. I am talking for zero ranking to the teens. Give me a fucking break. ASU earned it. We beat USC, Stanford, WA (at a tough home Seattle crowd) and we are number one in the South? We drop a spot.
Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.. See you in Tucscum.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
utter bullshit. You beat Oregon and *puoofff you/re ranked. I am talking for zero ranking to the teens. Give me a fucking break. ASU earned it. We beat USC, Stanford, WA (at a tough home Seattle crowd) and we are number one in the South? We drop a spot.

umm... actually, the University of Arizona Football program did not go "from zero ranking to the teens". they went from being ranked #29 to the teens after beating the undefeated #2 team on the road.

You must be confusing the UofA with asu (common mistake)... who went from being ranked in the preseason teens to zero when they lost by 35 points at home. You dropped a spot in part because these Juggernaut teams you are bragging about beating? USC, Stanford and UW? They each have 3 losses. Not exactly living up to preseason expectations.

I see that math still isn't one of your strong suits Fork :)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol::lol::lol: this just made my day!

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has a freshman QB won the National Championship Wildcat Fans?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has a freshman QB won the National Championship Wildcat Fans?

National Championship!!!??? Pretty certain that the vast majority of UofA fans would be ecstatic to see the Cats go to a bowl that isn't sponsored by Weedeaters, MAACO, or the San Diego County Credit Union and are not concerning themselves with being one of the 4 playoff teams.

Only hyper-fanatical-types think the Cats are going to win the CFB Playoff this season. They don't have the depth yet to compete consistently with the upper-echelon of college FB... let alone the tough Pac12 South teams coming up on the schedule. They have to stay healthy and keep their mistakes to a bare minimum in order to beat UCLA, Utah and asu. Even 1-3 UW will be a challenge because of their Defense. Only Colorado is a game you can pencil in a W.

RR just does not have the depth/talent on the lines/secondary to have them just show up and roll over people... Stoops left much of the cupboard bare when he was shown the door.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your post Gumby Squad but, I {as as homer}have to disagree. If we beat UCLA , (sorry to see the Andeson thing with Utah), there will be nobody in our way. Play good and ARIZONA is going to win the PAC south. I don't see anybody in the PAC north that can beat ARIZONA.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read your post Gumby Squad but, I {as as homer}have to disagree. If we beat UCLA , (sorry to see the Andeson thing with Utah), there will be nobody in our way. Play good and ARIZONA is going to win the PAC south. I don't see anybody in the PAC north that can beat ARIZONA.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

The enthusiasm and optimism is great and all... and I agree that the UofA has a very good chance this season to win the Pac12 South... I'm just being a realist (as always); The remaining games against Utah, UCLA and asu will be tough and the chances of the Cats making it to, and winning the four-team playoff and the National Championship is highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly, highly unlikely.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*checks ASU threads*

*crickets*

*goes back to reading lonely Sun Devil comments on UA boards*

WhoDatDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jameis Winston last season

Yeah, Jameis Winston and Jamelle Holieway of OU. My point is it's very uncommon. Anu is the real deal but not ready for the big time. I'm hearing a lot of CFP talk from kitties. Its a little too early for that. Focus on UCLA.

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm... actually, the University of Arizona Football program did not go "from zero ranking to the teens". they went from being ranked #29 to the teens after beating the undefeated #2 team on the road.

You must be confusing the UofA with asu (common mistake)... who went from being ranked in the preseason teens to zero when they lost by 35 points at home. You dropped a spot in part because these Juggernaut teams you are bragging about beating? USC, Stanford and UW? They each have 3 losses. Not exactly living up to preseason expectations.

I see that math still isn't one of your strong suits Fork :)

UTSA and Nevada are real champs

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weber State and New Mexico are real champs too. Hypocrite.

ASPoo seen by the CFP as the frauds they are. Washington is not good. Stanford is now 0-3 against anyone that doesn't suck. USC is a legit win, but the "lucky" way you won it may have been taken into consideration (same logic you used to describe the Cal win...oh the irony).

Also, the CFP may see a big difference between losing a game you should have won due to a bad kicker and getting bludgeoned by 35 at home in comparing the two losses.

And now basketball is going to start. NOT good for ASPOO!

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you guys made all my points for me, so I can only echo what has been written above.

By the way, the only NC talk was with 9 "highly"s in front of the word unlikely. As far as I'm concerned, I just want to see how far in front of teams that were ranked above us, we can get. I went into this year not thinking much of Cal, AZ, and Utah. I regarded Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Stanford as the only threats to win the conference. And now, most of that is all out the window. I thought AZ would be lucky to get 7 wins this season. And now with CU left, I can essentially guarantee that we win at least one more game. If we can get to 9 or 10 with a freshman QB, I'm stoked.

ASU is 0-1 against currently ranked teams (#25 UCLA at home by 35), and AZ is 1-0 (#5 Oregon on the road by 7). And yes, other than that, AZ lost by a blown FG. It's a loss, but that bullshit FG is the only thing that keeps us from being top 5 (which I don't think we are). Lots of season left to play.

Anyway, this is all just appetizer for the main dish over the winter.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, give the ASPoo fan his time to shine. Toilet-training 101 is one of their required Freshman classes and the little fella probably just passed an exam.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Jameis Winston and Jamelle Holieway of OU. My point is it's very uncommon. Anu is the real deal but not ready for the big time. I'm hearing a lot of CFP talk from kitties. Its a little too early for that. Focus on UCLA.

He won at Oregon on national TV. Is that not considered a big time?