• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
raw
You do know the game ended 45-28 right? If it is 14-0 Colorado. What was the score the rest of the way?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone at the top wins and there isn't something fucky like a controversial ending the most likely scenario IMO is Bama 1, Clemson 2, Washington 3, and Ohio State 4 on the final poll. Why? Committee will likely push Ohio State down a peg for not having that extra game, but not enough to push them out of the playoffs. If Wisky/PSU are behind Washington tomorrow, there is basically no chance they jump them after their championship game if Washington also wins theirs.

Committee has to push Ohio State down to some degree, otherwise good luck dealing with the precedent in future years for teams from the Big12 that don't have a conference championship game. It has to matter that you don't have that last 13th game against a quality opponent.

Does the country believe Bama and Ohio State are the best teams in college football right now? Sure, but the ranking isn't about who is actually best and never can be. It's about who deserves it more. So far the committee has had Washington ahead of wisky and Penn State. If that holds true tomorrow there is no chance they get jumped as long as they beat Colorado. It's just not going to happen. Likewise, if they come out tomorrow and have Wisky ahead of Washington and both win this week there is no chance Washington jumps them.

We will know tomorrow pretty much how things are going to play out. There won't be much of a surprise come the following week from where they rank teams. The only question will be how far down does Ohio State fall in that last poll for not making their championship and I doubt anyone believes it would be lower than 4th.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know the game ended 45-28 right? If it is 14-0 Colorado. What was the score the rest of the way?
Colorado was leading that game in the 3rd qtr. by a score of 28 - 24 when their QB got knocked out of the game. Now go take a seat on the porch. You are a straight up liar.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't take MnB too serious. He isn't the best UM fan to get into a discussion with and he is a little unstable after the OSU game.

And it isn't exaggerations. That is how the game played out. Colorado came out and handed UM their ass in the first quarter. It looked like it was going to be a blowout for CU. From that point on, the only time CU threatened was a long bomb in the 3rd quarter.

Did they lose their QB? Yes. Did UM play without 3 starters on defense, including a returning AA CB and our best DE? Yes.
I dont take him at all seriously, he's clearly a joke, and he's not who my comment you responded to was to.

Saying Colorado was up 14 before Michigan ran a second play was a huge exageration (at best). Colorado was more than in the game (they were winning it) until they lost Liufau. That's significant and needs to be considered when you want to claim that Michigan ended up dominating the game.

It means nothing more than that, Michigan won, they'd probably win if they played again with everyone healthy, and again, it probably wouldn't be a blowout.

So, what's the argument here? Do you just want to make sure everyone realizes Michigan outscored Colorado? Because they can just look at the score to see that. And hey, if they didn't follow the game, they'll probably assume it was a blowout too...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado was leading that game in the 3rd qtr. by a score of 28 - 24 when their QB got knocked out of the game. Now go take a seat on the porch. You are a straight up liar.

Numbers aren't your strong point. If it were 21-7 AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER. Something had to happen in the 2nd quarter for UM to take the lead. And yes, CU had a long TD to take the lead in the 3rd quarter for exactly 46 seconds before UM scored again. Then UM scored again, then UM scored again. And to be nice, our FG missed a chip shot so it was only a 17 point win and not 20. :suds:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers aren't your strong point. If it were 21-7 AFTER THE FIRST QUARTER. Something had to happen in the 2nd quarter for UM to take the lead. And yes, CU had a long TD to take the lead in the 3rd quarter for exactly 46 seconds before UM scored again. Then UM scored again, then UM scored again. And to be nice, our FG missed a chip shot so it was only a 17 point win and not 20. :suds:
41 - 14 is what you said. Don't change your story now ... you're on record.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much whining in this thing. You can only guarantee a spot at the table by running your schedule undefeated. Lose any game, to anyone, in any fashion and all bets are off. It's really that simple. If Washington gets left out so be it. Their loss to USC would be on them.

A few fans of other teams on the bubble looking in need to find that clarity.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If everyone at the top wins and there isn't something fucky like a controversial ending the most likely scenario IMO is Bama 1, Clemson 2, Washington 3, and Ohio State 4 on the final poll. Why? Committee will likely push Ohio State down a peg for not having that extra game, but not enough to push them out of the playoffs. If Wisky/PSU are behind Washington tomorrow, there is basically no chance they jump them after their championship game if Washington also wins theirs.

Committee has to push Ohio State down to some degree, otherwise good luck dealing with the precedent in future years for teams from the Big12 that don't have a conference championship game. It has to matter that you don't have that last 13th game against a quality opponent.

Does the country believe Bama and Ohio State are the best teams in college football right now? Sure, but the ranking isn't about who is actually best and never can be. It's about who deserves it more. So far the committee has had Washington ahead of wisky and Penn State. If that holds true tomorrow there is no chance they get jumped as long as they beat Colorado. It's just not going to happen. Likewise, if they come out tomorrow and have Wisky ahead of Washington and both win this week there is no chance Washington jumps them.

We will know tomorrow pretty much how things are going to play out. There won't be much of a surprise come the following week from where they rank teams. The only question will be how far down does Ohio State fall in that last poll for not making their championship and I doubt anyone believes it would be lower than 4th.

They will most likely have Michigan ahead of Penn St AND Wisconsin as well. The top 7 should be:

Bama
Ohio State
Clemson
Washington
Michigan
Wisconsin
Penn State

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont take him at all seriously, he's clearly a joke, and he's not who my comment you responded to was to.

Saying Colorado was up 14 before Michigan ran a second play was a huge exageration (at best). Colorado was more than in the game (they were winning it) until they lost Liufau. That's significant and needs to be considered when you want to claim that Michigan ended up dominating the game.

It means nothing more than that, Michigan won, they'd probably win if they played again with everyone healthy, and again, it probably wouldn't be a blowout.

So, what's the argument here? Do you just want to make sure everyone realizes Michigan outscored Colorado? Because they can just look at the score to see that. And hey, if they didn't follow the game, they'll probably assume it was a blowout too...

All I meant to say is CU came out firing against UM. They owned UM in the first quarter. UM was putting a safety on the slot WR and CU picked UM apart. At the end of the 1st quarter CU had almost 200 yards of offense. UM made an adjustment to take away the slot WR and CU had 4 drives in the 2nd quarter and less than 20 yards of offense.

They had like 120 yards total after the 1st quarter and 70 came on one play.

I even commended CU on a great game plan coming into the game. Not a single pass was completed on the outside. They attacked whoever the safety was covering in the slot, because UM didn't have a 3rd CB and used the safety instead.

Alaska Guy is getting bent out of shape over their QB, but he wasn't the reason their defense gave up a crooked number.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will most likely have Michigan ahead of Penn St AND Wisconsin as well. The top 7 should be:

Bama
Ohio State
Clemson
Washington
Michigan
Wisconsin
Penn State
If you mean tomorrow, then yes I agree that is most likely. After the championship games, provided Clemson and Washington both wins, it would stay those 4 with Ohio State either dropping to 3 or at worst 4 based on how far of a statement the committee wants to make about Ohio State not making their championship game, but those 4 will be your playoff teams.

That leaves Michigan and the winner of Wisky/PSU hoping for a Washington and/or Clemson loss to get their seat. They won't jump up into it without a loss by one of those.

The only mystery is how will they treat the winner of Wisky/PSU and Michigan after their championship game. Would Wisky pass them up and have first dibs at the table with any loss by the top 4? That's the only place things get muddled because both Wisky and Penn State lost to Michigan. Can they jump them with the same record based entirely off having that extra game?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bama
Ohio State
Clemson
Washington
Michigan
Wisconsin
Penn State

"meeeechegan is ranked too damn low, they beat Ohio State!"

signed: anonymous meeeechegan fan

:harbaugh:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I meant to say is CU came out firing against UM. They owned UM in the first quarter. UM was putting a safety on the slot WR and CU picked UM apart. At the end of the 1st quarter CU had almost 200 yards of offense. UM made an adjustment to take away the slot WR and CU had 4 drives in the 2nd quarter and less than 20 yards of offense.

They had like 120 yards total after the 1st quarter and 70 came on one play.

I even commended CU on a great game plan coming into the game. Not a single pass was completed on the outside. They attacked whoever the safety was covering in the slot, because UM didn't have a 3rd CB and used the safety instead.

Alaska Guy is getting bent out of shape over their QB, but he wasn't the reason their defense gave up a crooked number.
Wait a minute here, you do get that had Colorado had their QB the entire game that your offense would have almost surely had less time of possession right? So indeed that loss impacted both sides of the ball.

And none of this has any impact on the topic at hand.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute here, you do get that had Colorado had their QB the entire game that your offense would have almost surely had less time of possession right? So indeed that loss impacted both sides of the ball.

*useful*

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize once UM stopped covering the slot with the safety, CU stopped moving the ball sans one broken play bomb. IF UM continued after the first to run the same coverage they did to start the game. I'd agree 1000%.

Once UM took the slot WR away -- CU's offense struggled immensely sans the one broken play bomb in the 2nd half.

We discussed this in detail after the game. Any team who wanted to attack UM needs to do so on the safeties. Deep middle is UM's glaring weakness defensively. Without Lewis playing, we couldn't go to a 3 CB package, so UM used a safety to cover the slot and they tore UM apart in the 1st.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad CU lost their QB in the 2nd half, injuries happen though. The Buffs even had a very short lived lead in the 3rd quarter. I don't think UofM wins that game so easily if Liufau doesn't get injured.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad CU lost their QB in the 2nd half, injuries happen though. The Buffs even had a very short lived lead in the 3rd quarter. I don't think UofM wins that game so easily if Liufau doesn't get injured.
Actually for awhile his backup did really well in the following games.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that the worst of those teams is Penn St.

I don't know how a two loss team will jump Washington either, seems like none of the two loss teams are clearly a better team imo.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually for awhile his backup did really well in the following games.

Yes he did, which kinda surprised me for the lack of PT he had before the injury. After watching the Buffs struggle greatly for the last 6 seasons I'm happy for the seniors that stuck it out. I hope they can shock UW in the 12 Pac title game but I don't have alotta faith in that happening. Although it's nice to finally see Boulder have a buzz (no pun intended) about the football program.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

still don't see how you can simply drop a team for not playing. they won this weekend. they most likely remain at 2. barring anything out of the ordinary, I think the final 4 will be: 1-bama, 2-OSU,3-clemson, & 4-Washington. While some will argue about PSU and whisky's better resume, I think the committee will give Wash. the 4 spot.

Mark my words, the powers that be do not want the teams laid out in the playoff that OSU play bama in the first round. They will have them at 2 or 3 so they set up a possible Natty rematch with OSU/bama...... so, don't be surprised if the huskies do end up playing bama in the 1st round.

and I've heard some sports pundits today that are saying that in actuality, OSU and Michigan are the 2 best teams in the B1G, and not PSU/Wisky. Some have said that Michigan will take the 4 spot tomorrow night.

And people need to go back and review what actually happened in the OSU/PSU game. as the weeks have gone on, the urban legend telephone game has been in play and Sally just told me that she heard from Johnny that PSU beat OSU by 75 pts, that OSU didn't get any first downs, and that the game was over 2 min. into the 1st quarter. No one is mentioning the facts: that OSU was leading 21-7 at the start of the 4th quarter, was playing on the road at night in a hostile environment, and that PSU only won by 3 pts........ The committee does look at facts like I just laid out.