• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize once UM stopped covering the slot with the safety, CU stopped moving the ball sans one broken play bomb. IF UM continued after the first to run the same coverage they did to start the game. I'd agree 1000%.

Once UM took the slot WR away -- CU's offense struggled immensely sans the one broken play bomb in the 2nd half.

We discussed this in detail after the game. Any team who wanted to attack UM needs to do so on the safeties. Deep middle is UM's glaring weakness defensively. Without Lewis playing, we couldn't go to a 3 CB package, so UM used a safety to cover the slot and they tore UM apart in the 1st.
And this STILL has nothing to do with which order the teams will be by the committee.

Michigan lost. Sorry, but they lost two games and that will hurt them. Doesn't really matter by how much or under what circumstances. Not winning your division has consequences. And it must or otherwise do away with divisions and conference championship games. Michigan in no way, shape, or form deserves to jump a one loss P5 conference winner with one loss. Period. Deal with it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still don't see how you can simply drop a team for not playing. they won this weekend. they most likely remain at 2. barring anything out of the ordinary, I think the final 4 will be: 1-bama, 2-OSU,3-clemson, & 4-Washington. While some will argue about PSU and whisky's better resume, I think the committee will give Wash. the 4 spot.

Mark my words, the powers that be do not want the teams laid out in the playoff that OSU play bama in the first round. They will have them at 2 or 3 so they set up a possible Natty rematch with OSU/bama...... so, don't be surprised if the huskies do end up playing bama in the 1st round.

and I've heard some sports pundits today that are saying that in actuality, OSU and Michigan are the 2 best teams in the B1G, and not PSU/Wisky. Some have said that Michigan will take the 4 spot tomorrow night.

And people need to go back and review what actually happened in the OSU/PSU game. as the weeks have gone on, the urban legend telephone game has been in play and Sally just told me that she heard from Johnny that PSU beat OSU by 75 pts, that OSU didn't get any first downs, and that the game was over 2 min. into the 1st quarter. No one is mentioning the facts: that OSU was leading 21-7 at the start of the 4th quarter, was playing on the road at night in a hostile environment, and that PSU only won by 3 pts........ The committee does look at facts like I just laid out.
I'm simply saying what it appears to be most likely to happen based on the committee's prior comments and actions. If they really want to look at it as seeding instead of who deserves what spot then they would simply move Ohio State to #3 which does nothing to change the match ups, but still sends the message to a small degree.

They won't do that this week. Ohio State should be #2 tomorrow. I don't see how they can justify not dropping them at least one after the championship games, but again it won't hurt them at all. I said #4 would be the lowest and it really depends on whether or not they are evaluating who deserves it vs what others want to see and their history has shown they do more of the former on a regular basis.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still don't see how you can simply drop a team for not playing. they won this weekend. they most likely remain at 2. barring anything out of the ordinary, I think the final 4 will be: 1-bama, 2-OSU,3-clemson, & 4-Washington. While some will argue about PSU and whisky's better resume, I think the committee will give Wash. the 4 spot.

Mark my words, the powers that be do not want the teams laid out in the playoff that OSU play bama in the first round. They will have them at 2 or 3 so they set up a possible Natty rematch with OSU/bama...... so, don't be surprised if the huskies do end up playing bama in the 1st round.

and I've heard some sports pundits today that are saying that in actuality, OSU and Michigan are the 2 best teams in the B1G, and not PSU/Wisky. Some have said that Michigan will take the 4 spot tomorrow night.

And people need to go back and review what actually happened in the OSU/PSU game. as the weeks have gone on, the urban legend telephone game has been in play and Sally just told me that she heard from Johnny that PSU beat OSU by 75 pts, that OSU didn't get any first downs, and that the game was over 2 min. into the 1st quarter. No one is mentioning the facts: that OSU was leading 21-7 at the start of the 4th quarter, was playing on the road at night in a hostile environment, and that PSU only won by 3 pts........ The committee does look at facts like I just laid out.
Completely agree. No way they'll put OSU against Bama in the semis. Though, they could drop them for not playing, they've shown that they put a lot of weight on winning your conference. Still won't drop them to 4 though.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this STILL has nothing to do with which order the teams will be by the committee.

Michigan lost. Sorry, but they lost two games and that will hurt them. Doesn't really matter by how much or under what circumstances. Not winning your division has consequences. And it must or otherwise do away with divisions and conference championship games. Michigan in no way, shape, or form deserves to jump a one loss P5 conference winner with one loss. Period. Deal with it.

You have me mixed up with another UM fan. I've already said in this thread. A 1 loss P5 champ will definitely go over UM. No doubt. To even have a glimmer of hope. UM would need Washington or Clemson to lose or even both to lose. Even that may not be enough. If the CFP ranks either PSU or Whisky ahead of UM tomorrow. UM has NO SHOT.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really difficult to sort out the 3 B1G teams.

I think Michigan is the best of the 3 (they did beat both of them head to head). And they did play the most difficult of the schedules. Buuuut...they dropped both their games late in the season and that always hurts more.

Wisconsin played a similar schedule and has the same record, won their division, plus could win the conference
PSU has the best signature win, won the division, and could win the conference

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible to predict what the committee will do in the event Washington or Clemson loses as I'm sure it's going to be a heated discussion among them about whether or not Wisky/PSU winner should be able to jump Michigan given that Michigan beat both of them, but didn't go to the CCG.

All of them are more or less equally deserving given what happened in their own conference games even.

I'm sure most of them are simply hoping it doesn't come down to that and Clemson/Washington take care of business and make it a lot easier on them. They will still have to make that ranking decision either way, but it's going to have a lot less focus if it doesn't push one into the top 4.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree. No way they'll put OSU against Bama in the semis. Though, they could drop them for not playing, they've shown that they put a lot of weight on winning your conference. Still won't drop them to 4 though.

I wouldn't be surprised after Dec 8th, if they put OSU at 3. Just to prove a minor point like that, but highly doubt #4.

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised after Dec 8th, if they put OSU at 3. Just to prove a minor point like that, but highly doubt #4.

If they put the bucks in the playoff, I think it's likely as a #4 seed. Because the committee does put a priority on conference championships, I would expect Clemson and Washington to move up if they win their conference title games. We have three one loss teams and, although the bucks have a better SOS, the other two are champions. That's just my guess based on what they've done in the past.

What's going to be really interesting is who from the B1G they put in, depending on the outcome of the CCG. My best guess is Ohio st unless Wisconsin or Penn State blow the other away.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you mean tomorrow, then yes I agree that is most likely. After the championship games, provided Clemson and Washington both wins, it would stay those 4 with Ohio State either dropping to 3 or at worst 4 based on how far of a statement the committee wants to make about Ohio State not making their championship game, but those 4 will be your playoff teams.

That leaves Michigan and the winner of Wisky/PSU hoping for a Washington and/or Clemson loss to get their seat. They won't jump up into it without a loss by one of those.

The only mystery is how will they treat the winner of Wisky/PSU and Michigan after their championship game. Would Wisky pass them up and have first dibs at the table with any loss by the top 4? That's the only place things get muddled because both Wisky and Penn State lost to Michigan. Can they jump them with the same record based entirely off having that extra game?

We can't jump a week ahead lol and yes of course depending on what Clemson and UW do Ohio St will move back but that is not presently.

It's a clusterfuck if Washington or Clemson lose. Expect tons of drama and jimmies rustled.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you. I could see it being 1 Bama 2 Clemson 3 Ohio St 4 Washington

While they move Ohio St down a bit they don't move them down to 4 but I also wouldn't be surprised if they moved them to 4.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still don't see how you can simply drop a team for not playing. they won this weekend. they most likely remain at 2.

While I completely agree a rematch between Saban and Meyer in the NCG is big money for the powers that be, there is precedent to have conference champions jump Ohio st. Ohio st won the B1G title game over Wisconsin and jumped both Baylor and TCU. Both actually played and won convincingly that same week.

If I had to hazard a guess about their logic, I'm guessing it would be something like this:

There are no conference champions now, so based on what we've seen so far Ohio st is #2. One week later, when other teams are conference champions that "title" is something to say the others should move up. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I think that's why they could move the bucks to #4 after the CCGs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I completely agree a rematch between Saban and Meyer in the NCG is big money for the powers that be, there is precedent to have conference champions jump Ohio st. Ohio st won the B1G title game over Wisconsin and jumped both Baylor and TCU. Both actually played and won convincingly that same week.

If I had to hazard a guess about their logic, I'm guessing it would be something like this:

There are no conference champions now, so based on what we've seen so far Ohio st is #2. One week later, when other teams are conference champions that "title" is something to say the others should move up. I'm not saying I agree with it, just that I think that's why they could move the bucks to #4 after the CCGs.

Yeah the precedent is important and it isn't like UW has 2 losses BUT Ohio St's resume is much better than UW's...a lot better. The committee has always loved a great resume and a non-conference resume as well. We will see, it should be interesting.

UM Fire

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the precedent is important and it isn't like UW has 2 losses BUT Ohio St's resume is much better than UW's...a lot better. The committee has always loved a great resume and a non-conference resume as well. We will see, it should be interesting.

That is very true. Using currently ranked teams, there is no comparison. It will be interesting to see if they value schedule or a conference title more. At the very least, we're going to learn a lot more about the black box that is the committee.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I could see it being 1 Bama 2 Clemson 3 Ohio St 4 Washington

While they move Ohio St down a bit they don't move them down to 4 but I also wouldn't be surprised if they moved them to 4.

I really don't think they will. maybe 3. I don't think the powers that be, want a bama/OSU semifinal game.......

Superdeluxe

Montlake
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant believe UW has only played 5 teams over .500 and lost one of those games. While they dominated the PAC, probably the weakest P5 conference, I just dont think their resume is good. A top 10 win against Colorado could help but all those teams have better resumes.

The pac-12 is rated the #2 conference according to Sagrain/Massey ratings. We might not be at the top, but we do have 3 teams in the top 10.

WNY_FOOTBALL_DUDE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are wins and losses. Not true wins and true losses, whatever the hell that means. 5 in a row. Harbaugh joins RRod as only the second coach in Michigan's history to start out 0-2 vs. Ohio State, and unless you are over 90, you have seen Michigan lose to Ohio State more than win. Have a great week :thumb:

Agreed. A win is a win, regardless of how it was produced. The Wolverines had plenty of opportunities to win that game. After they scored the touchdown in OT, they could have gone for 2 (as lobbied by their QB) and won the game.

The Wolverines are out of the conversation as far as I can see. They have 2 losses with no division or conference title.

If the Huskies beat the Buffaloes, they are in. If the Tigers beat the Hokies, they are in. Bama is in regardless. Wisky beats PSU or State Penn (as my Italy tour guide said), then TOSU is in.

PSU's odds of getting in are slim, if the predicted winners actually win. State Penn's best bets would be winning the Big-10 conference championship in a blow-out fashion, mirroring Wisky's blowout win against Nebraska and TOSU's blow-out win against Wisky in 2014. PSU still needs to make up for their Michigan loss.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuesday but it's obvious Utah will drop out of the top 25 after losing 2 in a row and were barely in the top 25 this week. Again the dogs only top 25 win was Stanford which is at an all time low this year and their OOCSOS is the worst in the NCAA at 128th. Yes they have one more W but that doesn't cancel out the terrible schedule. That's just my opinion and I think the committee will give the Dogs the nod if they beat Colorado.
I hear the playoff rankings are out. I haven't seen them, I know it's obvious and all, but just thought I should ask to be sure. Utah fell out, right?

Raider917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i really want penn state to get in but if the 3 teams in the top 4 win their conference championships, i cant see them in. even if one lose, Michigan should be in before them but i want them to make the controversial choice of PSU in that situation. i know the shit would hit the fan then and a 8 team playoff would be much more likely.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Premature to do this before the CCG's imo.

Has anybody else said that? Not scrolling through all the comments.....:lol:

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,643.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm at a loss what to with no betting tonight to make the games even more interesting.

*Sad trombone*