• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Off-Season - the Quest for AD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated depth chart:

Guys who may or may not return in red.

PG - Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, PJ Dozier, Tremont Waters

SG - Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward,
PJ Dozier, Romeo Langford, RJ Hunter

SF - Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams

PF - Jayson Tatum,
Daniel Theis, Semi Ojeleye, Grant Williams

C - Enes Kanter, Robert Williams III,
Daniel Theis, Guerschon Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye

-------

I went ahead and pulled Marcus Morris from the chart, the C's can't afford him. I kept Daniel Theis in red because I don't know if he's official and settled on the roster for next season.

Looks pretty settled at this point. Would be great if guys like Semi and RWIII can make strides and offer more in the upcoming.
Any first rounders they still own that are not their own? Need some size.....Love for hayward and a #1 (if not their own)?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any first rounders they still own that are not their own? Need some size.....Love for hayward and a #1 (if not their own)?
C's own the rights to:
  • the Milwaukee 1st rounder next season
  • the Memphis 1st rounder next season (with protections that might push it back to the following year)
The Memphis pick looks to be of good value.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C's own the rights to:
  • the Milwaukee 1st rounder next season
  • the Memphis 1st rounder next season (with protections that might push it back to the following year)
The Memphis pick looks to be of good value.
No use for the Bucks pick but I think both teams would have to consider Love for Hayward and the Memphis pick.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is going nowhere. This is the year he needs to step over the injury and get back in form like PG did. Plus I would not sell him low.

The Kanter deal is ok. Its cheap, and its in essence a one year deal. Does not play defense however. Maybe that's the plan, and Timelord can play that role when needed.

Boston is really heavy on 3's and 3.5's. Something will have to give, especially if Romeo shows promise after the hand surgery

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated depth chart:

PG - Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, PJ Dozier, Tremont Waters

SF - Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams

PF - Jayson Tatum,

C - Enes Kanter, Daniel Theis, Vincent Poirier, Robert Williams III, Guerschon Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye

-----------

The C's did pretty well on a tight budget addressing their hole in terms of bigs.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hayward is going nowhere. This is the year he needs to step over the injury and get back in form like PG did. Plus I would not sell him low.

The Kanter deal is ok. Its cheap, and its in essence a one year deal. Does not play defense however. Maybe that's the plan, and Timelord can play that role when needed.

Boston is really heavy on 3's and 3.5's. Something will have to give, especially if Romeo shows promise after the hand surgery
Sell low? A 20-10 guy who can stretch the Ds wouldn't help more than another wing who can't do anything Tatum can't do?

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the C's resigned Brad Wanamaker to a 1 year deal. Things seem to be pretty settled at this point.

Updated depth chart:

PG - Kemba Walker, Marcus Smart, Brad Wanamaker, Carsen Edwards, Tremont Waters

SG - Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, Brad Wanamaker

PF - Jayson Tatum, Daniel Theis, Semi Ojeleye, Grant Williams

C - Enes Kanter, Daniel Theis, Vincent Poirier, Robert Williams III, Guerschon Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye

-----------

Looks like the roster of a mid-seed playoff team in the East... somewhere around 3 to 5 range.

Potentially dangerous in any given series, but not a huge threat to actually contend for a NBA title.

Should be a fun group to root for, though... and I am happy to get rid of the top 2 character concerns from last year's roster and (hopefully) but the drama behind us.

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated depth chart:

PF - Jayson Tatum,

C - Enes Kanter, Robert Williams III,
Daniel Theis, Guerschon Yabusele, Semi Ojeleye

-------

I went ahead and pulled Marcus Morris from the chart, the C's can't afford him. I kept Daniel Theis in red because I don't know if he's official and settled on the roster for next season.

Looks pretty settled at this point. Would be great if guys like Semi and RWIII can make strides and offer more in the upcoming.
ojele at C?

Ty41Office

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the C's resigned Brad Wanamaker to a 1 year deal. Things seem to be pretty settled at this point.

Updated depth chart:

SG - Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, Brad Wanamaker

-----------

Looks like the roster of a mid-seed playoff team in the East... somewhere around 3 to 5 range.

Potentially dangerous in any given series, but not a huge threat to actually contend for a NBA title.

Should be a fun group to root for, though... and I am happy to get rid of the top 2 character concerns from last year's roster and (hopefully) but the drama behind us.

If Tatum and Brown make progress and Hayward is fully back from his injury, I don't see why the Celtics can't contend for the East #1 or #2 seed.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ojele at C?
In an odd ball, small ball line up... it's possible.

It would be a very niche situation... not something for long stretches.

Dude is country strong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think you might be selling them a little short.

If Hayward gets back to form and Tatum is the guy we saw when Kyrie and Hayward were out...the C's could end up being less talented than last year, but a better team.

If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I think the Celtics could get out of the East.

It'll be tough, but doable. Especially if they have a little luck and don't have to go through both the Sixers and Bucks.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you might be selling them a little short.

If Hayward gets back to form and Tatum is the guy we saw when Kyrie and Hayward were out...the C's could end up being less talented than last year, but a better team.

If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, I think the Celtics could get out of the East.

It'll be tough, but doable. Especially if they have a little luck and don't have to go through both the Sixers and Bucks.
That'll be the thing... having to beat either the Sixers or the Bucks in a 7 game series.

I agree with everything else.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That'll be the thing... having to beat either the Sixers or the Bucks in a 7 game series.

I agree with everything else.

Best thing for the C's would be to have the Sixers and Bucks play each other in the semi-finals.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't take hardly anything at all out of Summer League...

... unless a guy just sucks.

I'm talking about Guerschon Yabusele, of course. 3rd year in Summer League and he looks like the worst player on the floor.

Time to drop that stiff.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't take hardly anything at all out of Summer League...

... unless a guy just sucks.

I'm talking about Guerschon Yabusele, of course. 3rd year in Summer League and he looks like the worst player on the floor.

Time to drop that stiff.

Bear s time is done. I would give his slot to
Fall

Carson Edwards is already showing he should have been picked much higher. Kid is going to be a good bench scorer

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Edwards is already showing he should have been picked much higher. Kid is going to be a good bench scorer
Edwards is definitely a player... guy can score.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edwards is definitely a player... guy can score.

The mans name is “Buckets”

23 tonight GMan. And he plays D

What a steal dude

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where’s @tlance

The wizards do something right and it’s a guy Danny Probsbly should’ve gotten for this team

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The mans name is “Buckets”

23 tonight GMan. And he plays D

What a steal dude
:suds:

I know "it's only Summer League"... but that guy is a player.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Updated depth chart for a post-"Dancing Bear" world.

SG - Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Gordon Hayward, Romeo Langford, Brad Wanamaker, Max Strus

SF - Gordon Hayward, Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Semi Ojeleye, Romeo Langford, Grant Williams, Max Strus

C - Enes Kanter, Daniel Theis, Vincent Poirier, Robert Williams III, Semi Ojeleye