• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics looked lost 20 games in

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an absolute chore to debate against.

Go back and read what I said. Slowly, I guess. Maybe read it a few times and really be sure you don't misunderstand.

I was speaking specifically about Embiid's willingness to stay in the post and play bully-basketball. Not to let the C's off the hook by floating to the perimeter and playing finesse.

I've talked about the phenomenon before, you can ask @flyerhawk , I stand by the critique of Embiid and the claim that the phenomenon has factored in to the Celtics recent advantage over Philly.
The chore is I do what you do and use similar logic and you dismiss the same logic when it is used against you (like the use of stats that you ignore).

If you are saying Embid can be a different player game to game I wouldn't doubt that. But he's had success and bad games with Baynes on the court and without. Baynes is a dime a dozen starting big and it's quite possible the Cs still lose if he played.

My God, you are citing the loss of a guy with a net of 0 who was mostly replaced by a guy with a +10 as a reason they lost.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious.

I give you credit for being honest, though.

To now answer your earlier question about Smart: Yes, it absolutely matters not to have one of the best and most versatile perimeter defenders in the NBA on the floor for those key possessions in the 4th quarter. You sound more than a little ridiculous for suggesting otherwise. No offense.
dtg said:
Now one for you....why do you ignore all the stats presented and go to "eye test" when you recently made a comment that another poster was "ignoring the stats"?
I haven't ignored sh!t. I stand by all my responses to your various quibbles and blind stat-picking analysis. The suggestion that you haven't been responded to is, again, ridiculous... which is par for the course for you in this thread.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The chore is I do what you do and use similar logic and you dismiss the same logic when it is used against you (like the use of stats that you ignore).

If you are saying Embid can be a different player game to game I wouldn't doubt that. But he's had success and bad games with Baynes on the court and without. Baynes is a dime a dozen starting big and it's quite possible the Cs still lose if he played.

My God, you are citing the loss of a guy with a net of 0 who was mostly replaced by a guy with a +10 as a reason they lost.
I shouldn't have gotten drawn back into a converstation with you... I'm back to agree to disagree. Good luck to you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shouldn't have gotten drawn back into a converstation with you... I'm back to agree to disagree. Good luck to you.

I agree with you on Smart.

Smart is to the defense what Kyrie is to the offense. He is a game changer who can guard just about anybody. He also seems to provide the Celtics identify.

Always been a fan of the way Marcus Smart plays.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart is to the defense what Kyrie is to the offense. He is a game changer who can guard just about anybody. He also seems to provide the Celtics identify.

The C's have gotten a lot better on offense... but they are a much better and more dangerous team when they focus on defense first.

As a Boston fan, I can only hope they can flip the switch and show the consistent effort they are capable of in the postseason. It's a reasonable hope... a lot of veterans on this team... but they gotta show it.

This is novel territory for this Celtics team... they had always been over-achievers up until this season... now they're a surly bunch of Allen Iversons. :rolleyes2: :D

giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obvious.

I give you credit for being honest, though.

To now answer your earlier question about Smart: Yes, it absolutely matters not to have one of the best and most versatile perimeter defenders in the NBA on the floor for those key possessions in the 4th quarter. You sound more than a little ridiculous for suggesting otherwise. No offense.

I haven't ignored sh!t. I stand by all my responses to your various quibbles and blind stat-picking analysis. The suggestion that you haven't been responded to is, again, ridiculous... which is par for the course for you in this thread.
Blind stat picking? In THIS game Smart had a plus/minus of zero and the guy who would go in for him was a +10. Yet they lost THIS GAME because the guy the team played better with was not on the court?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As am I and get what he's saying. But in THIS game the team had a zero plus/minus with him on the court and the guy who probably took the whopping 6-8 minutes he missed was a +10.