• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs players tell Jimmy Butler to "stay away from Cleveland"

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston will be acquiring Hayward, Butler and Porzingis. Damn, they'll be the favs in the East for sure.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will believe those acquisitions when they happen

It's inevitable they will happen :10:. C's set to dominate for the next decade. I'm positive they will get at least one of those players and 50/50 chance they'll get two. I give them only a 15% chance to acquire all three though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be in Cleveland for awhile bc he has Kyrie right next to him. He will just bring players to Cleveland.

Now, social media and others are freaking out like the Cavs are blowing it up after losing LMAO. They will be just fine and they will be favs out of the East AGAIN. Dont fall for rumors kid.

He doesnt want to go to LA for one reason. Kobe played there and he wont ever play in LA, Boston or Chicago bc unlike KD he wont go to a rival. It wont happen.

You were one of the posters front and center in the Cleveland is no super team debate (I was in there with you). THing is, his help is good, but not elite like some make it out to be. He could certainly have better players around him. Kyrie alone is not enough to keep him in Cleveland. Players around the league probably don't trust Gilbert, and I don't blame them.

The difference between 2018 and the first time Lebron left was that fans were blindsided. I believe people will certainly be upset if/when he leaves, but it won't be the same visceral reaction.

Perhaps LeBron leaves even if Gilbert does everything he wants, perhaps he doesn't. Gilbert playing hardball pretty much insures a nasty divorce though. He knew what he was getting himself into when he resigned LeBron in 2014. Nothing has changed.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were one of the posters front and center in the Cleveland is no super team debate (I was in there with you). THing is, his help is good, but not elite like some make it out to be. He could certainly have better players around him. Kyrie alone is not enough to keep him in Cleveland. Players around the league probably don't trust Gilbert, and I don't blame them.

The difference between 2018 and the first time Lebron left was that fans were blindsided. I believe people will certainly be upset if/when he leaves, but it won't be the same visceral reaction.

Perhaps LeBron leaves even if Gilbert does everything he wants, perhaps he doesn't. Gilbert playing hardball pretty much insures a nasty divorce though. He knew what he was getting himself into when he resigned LeBron in 2014. Nothing has changed.

Furthermore, when is Kyrie's deal up?

Cause I wouldnt bet against him looking for greener pastures

Ive always gotten the feeling that Kyrie isnt in love with the idea 9of playing second fiddle to Bron

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think its just the way he goes about things..........Most greats identify with one uniform, than you have your Shaqs, who though he played for multiple teams, you just dont view him like Lebron and the way he goes from team to team

I heard he's planning to tone it down this time.
Take a shuttle to the Moon and announce from there via a constellation of stars in the sky.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthermore, when is Kyrie's deal up?

Cause I wouldnt bet against him looking for greener pastures

Ive always gotten the feeling that Kyrie isnt in love with the idea 9of playing second fiddle to Bron

Can opt-out in 2019 I think...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics apparently turned down Jimmy Butler for the #3 pick

Surprising to me

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cavs have a new gm every 3 yrs or so?:noidea:

Everything else is a bunch of "what if's" for a team that just made a 3rd finals appearance. I'll wait until the cavs' sky falls before making any presumptions

I don't know how much there is to all of this, but you have to admit, there's an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Also, when really good teams fall apart, things like this is how it starts. For example, the Jordan Bulls, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Squabbles between the front office and players killed those teams.

In Chicago, the front office didn't feel like they were getting enough credit for the Bulls run. In Los Angeles, they couldn't come to an agreement with Shaq on money.

In both cases, you started hearing about petty squabbles and jealousies, ego's getting bruised, etc. and then it blew up.

Not necessarily saying this is happening in Cleveland, but the signs appear to be there.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Lebron's legacy will go into the shitter if/when he leaves.

He won a title for Cleveland, that cemented it. It'd be one thing if he went to the Warriors, but if he were to hypothetically join PG13 in LA, I don't think it would ruin his legacy.

Agree. Imo, if he won a title in LA, it could actually enhance his legacy.

Along with the individual awards and honors, he would have won back to back titles in Miami, brought a championship to a city that hadn't seen one in over 50 years and returned a storied franchise back to the top.

That's a pretty solid legacy.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Along with the individual awards and honors, he would have won back to back titles in Miami, brought a championship to a city that hadn't seen one in over 50 years and returned a storied franchise back to the top.

Yeah, as soon as the Cavs won the championship last year... the door was opened for LeBron to leave without much pushback in terms of PR or legacy.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston will be acquiring Hayward, Butler and Porzingis. Damn, they'll be the favs in the East for sure.

Butler was traded to Minny.....but Boston allegedly has a deal in place to acquire PG with a 3 year extension in place IF they sign Heyward.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That'd put him over Magic for sure, IMO. Jordan though, no.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This. And it helps that the Lakers have a legit pass first PG so James doesn't have to do quite so much regarding passing, rebounding, scoring, and playing defense. Lightens his load.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, as soon as the Cavs won the championship last year... the door was opened for LeBron to leave without much pushback in terms of PR or legacy.

Yeah, there will be some fans who are upset, but I agree with @tlance we are unlikely to see anywhere near the reaction we did when he left the first time.

Having said that, if there is any truth to the rumors and this ends ugly, we may see Cavs fans react similar to when he left the first time, but this time their anger may be directed at Gilbert instead of Lebron.

DJ Fieri

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there will be some fans who are upset, but I agree with @tlance we are unlikely to see anywhere near the reaction we did when he left the first time.

Having said that, if there is any truth to the rumors and this ends ugly, we may see Cavs fans react similar to when he left the first time, but this time their anger may be directed at Gilbert instead of Lebron.

Agreed.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how much there is to all of this, but you have to admit, there's an awful lot of smoke for there to be no fire.

Also, when really good teams fall apart, things like this is how it starts. For example, the Jordan Bulls, the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Squabbles between the front office and players killed those teams.

In Chicago, the front office didn't feel like they were getting enough credit for the Bulls run. In Los Angeles, they couldn't come to an agreement with Shaq on money.

In both cases, you started hearing about petty squabbles and jealousies, ego's getting bruised, etc. and then it blew up.

Not necessarily saying this is happening in Cleveland, but the signs appear to be there.

Any truth that it had to be either Shaq or Kobe but there was no away that both were going to coexist on the same team? Our local reporter covered the Lakers in LA during that period and claimed that Kobe would not defer to Shaq at all. Not saying it is true, but just wonderin

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

K