• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs interested in Pierce

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce this year reminds me no more of what we got when we got Jamison back in 2009. He's a solid player who will put up numbers, but he isn't going to do anything for the franchise in terms of drastically changing our win total or winning a title, mostly because he won't be the best player on the team.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys are living a pipe dream. there is NEVER going to be a big time free agent that's going to willingly sign to Cleveland. If they don't make trades, it's not going to happen.

Thanks for your contribution.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Pierce this year reminds me no more of what we got when we got Jamison back in 2009. He's a solid player who will put up numbers, but he isn't going to do anything for the franchise in terms of drastically changing our win total or winning a title, mostly because he won't be the best player on the team.

I agree.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for your contribution.

Hey, I lived in Cleveland. Nobody wants to hear it, but FAs are not lining up to go to Cleveland....IN ANY SPORT. Not football, baseball, or basketball.

The only way they're going to build that team is through the draft or trades.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I lived in Cleveland. Nobody wants to hear it, but FAs are not lining up to go to Cleveland....IN ANY SPORT. Not football, baseball, or basketball.

Once again, thanks for your contribution.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well the Indians got a shit ton of free agents...Reynolds, Bourne, Swish and more so not really true.

I think the Cavs will have to trade, but they could get some good pieces in Free Agency. They already have they superstar/great player in Kyrie and Waiters has the potential to be great as well.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really can't argue, no one seems to want to go to Cleveland.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really can't argue, no one seems to want to go to Cleveland.

Gilbert isn't exactly helping there. His reaction to LBJ's departure was well received at the time by Cavs fans, but it couldn't have endeared him to the players.

As for teaching the young guys how to win, that would be great if they had a young core that was ready to win. They are still a couple pieces away from being at that point. They are getting closer. Hopefully this year's pick will help the process, but unfortunately, there are no surefire stars in this class.

Who do you guys want? Noel, Porter or someone else?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Porter

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gilbert isn't exactly helping there. His reaction to LBJ's departure was well received at the time by Cavs fans, but it couldn't have endeared him to the players.

As for teaching the young guys how to win, that would be great if they had a young core that was ready to win. They are still a couple pieces away from being at that point. They are getting closer. Hopefully this year's pick will help the process, but unfortunately, there are no surefire stars in this class.

Noel is the last person I want. His offensive game is incredibly raw, I have a lot of concerns about any big that just came off of major knee surgery, and I'm growing wary of him off the court. It all adds up to a huge bust, in my mind.

I want either Len, Porter, or Anthony Bennett. I'd love to see them somehow move up and get 2 of those 3. They have the 19, 31 and 33 in this years draft. If they could move all 3 along with perhaps Anderson Varajao to a team like Charlotte (who is in desperate need of an overhaul of new players), I'd be thrilled. Fat chance, I know, but that would be my dream scenario. Overall, though, I am hoping I see Len taken 1.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,043.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the Cavs bring Pierce in that would be a step in the right direction. Cleveland hasnt had a big name star out there since James left.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, thats a problem. Gilberts reaction told players that basically you can't be a great player there and leave. Cleveland is a hard sell as a city and place to live as it is.......nobody wants to add in a crazy owner to that mix.

They need Thompson to continue to grow and step up. They could stand to get a few veteran players that aren't stars for leadership type stuff, but until it happens I can't see any prime player willingly going there.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, thats a problem. Gilberts reaction told players that basically you can't be a great player there and leave. Cleveland is a hard sell as a city and place to live as it is.......nobody wants to add in a crazy owner to that mix.

They need Thompson to continue to grow and step up. They could stand to get a few veteran players that aren't stars for leadership type stuff, but until it happens I can't see any prime player willingly going there.

Wow, are you serious? Gilbert's reaction told players that he is passionate about his team but wasn't great at PR. He wouldn't have had that reaction if Lebron had just come out and said he was going to Miami. He made that reaction because a public spectacle was made of it. It had nothing to do with him leaving.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel is the last person I want. His offensive game is incredibly raw, I have a lot of concerns about any big that just came off of major knee surgery, and I'm growing wary of him off the court. It all adds up to a huge bust, in my mind.

I want either Len, Porter, or Anthony Bennett. I'd love to see them somehow move up and get 2 of those 3. They have the 19, 31 and 33 in this years draft. If they could move all 3 along with perhaps Anderson Varajao to a team like Charlotte (who is in desperate need of an overhaul of new players), I'd be thrilled. Fat chance, I know, but that would be my dream scenario. Overall, though, I am hoping I see Len taken 1.

I am really hoping that Porter is available at 3 for the Wizards. If not, I don't really have a good feel for who will emerge as the best of the bigs. I saw on the other post that you really like Len, I am not really sold on any of the 3. Between Len, Noel and Bennett, they all have upside, but also some serious bust potential.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really hoping that Porter is available at 3 for the Wizards. If not, I don't really have a good feel for who will emerge as the best of the bigs. I saw on the other post that you really like Len, I am not really sold on any of the 3. Between Len, Noel and Bennett, they all have upside, but also some serious bust potential.

Unfortunately there's a lot of bust potential in this year's draft, it seems. I like Bennett, but I don't think he'd be good enough to play the 3 unless he has some serious muscle downlow to support him, which is why we need a big body like Len. Noel is a long shot-blocker, but the kid weighs like 205. That's like 20 lbs less than Dwayne Wade. Plus, his knee injury really, really bothers me. I guess he also has a very questionable entourage, which to me is a big deal as a young player. That can really screw with your head.

Len seems to be the most complete big. He'll never be Shaq, but he could definitely be a 15/10 guy, which would be great. I think there are some guys later in the draft that could actually be pretty good, though.

That said, I also really like Porter. He reminds me of Tayshaun Prince or Evan Turner. Probably won't be a superstar but he'll pack the stat sheet and make the other players better on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, are you serious? Gilbert's reaction told players that he is passionate about his team but wasn't great at PR. He wouldn't have had that reaction if Lebron had just come out and said he was going to Miami. He made that reaction because a public spectacle was made of it. It had nothing to do with him leaving.

His reaction made any player think twice about Cleveland. He took out an ad and put his former best player on blast.......name me an owner, in any sport, that's done that.

That's not a good move. You REALLY think players were like, "let's play for him, he's passionate!!!!!!"

LOL get outta here with that crap. Players saw fans and the owner all lose their collective minds. That's NEVER going to be a selling point to anyone.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His reaction made any player think twice about Cleveland. He took out an ad and put his former best player on blast.......name me an owner, in any sport, that's done that.

That's not a good move. You REALLY think players were like, "let's play for him, he's passionate!!!!!!"

LOL get outta here with that crap. Players saw fans and the owner all lose their collective minds. That's NEVER going to be a selling point to anyone.
What makes it worse is that Gilbert is supposed to be a businessman. There should have been no emotion in how he dealt with the situation. He could have punched the wall in private but to act like a spurned lover is going to send red flags up to every FA that even considered going there.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes it worse is that Gilbert is supposed to be a businessman. There should have been no emotion in how he dealt with the situation. He could have punched the wall in private but to act like a spurned lover is going to send red flags up to every FA that even considered going there.

Exactly. There isn't a player alive that saw people burning jerseys in the streets, and the owner going berserk and they phoned their agent - " you gots to get me to Cleveland, look at how passionate they are!!!!"

Some people here take homerism to a whole new level. Like I said earlier......I lived in Cleveland for 3 years. No matter HOW Lebron left they'd have still reacted the same way. He'd have been a "traitor" in their eyes no matter how it happened. It's absurd to think that was a situation that would make FAs feel WELCOME.

Draft and trades are their only legit option. The question is how they do it, since nobody really wants their picks this year.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. There isn't a player alive that saw people burning jerseys in the streets, and the owner going berserk and they phoned their agent - " you gots to get me to Cleveland, look at how passionate they are!!!!"

Some people here take homerism to a whole new level. Like I said earlier......I lived in Cleveland for 3 years. No matter HOW Lebron left they'd have still reacted the same way. He'd have been a "traitor" in their eyes no matter how it happened. It's absurd to think that was a situation that would make FAs feel WELCOME.

Draft and trades are their only legit option. The question is how they do it, since nobody really wants their picks this year.

Sorry to say, but you're still dead wrong on their "legit options". Money talks, man. So do rings. They aren't moving guys to Siberia to play. Are they going to be getting in on every big name free agent? No. but the majority of teams in the league don't. However, saying that one reaction to an unprecedented event has now made every single player ever not want to play in Cleveland is just stupid. The Cavs have a rabid fanbase, a great stadium, a ton of money and several really, really talented young players. We're not going to be getting Dwight Howard, but there's a reason the Lebron-back-to-Cleveland talks are so prevalent.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry to say, but you're still dead wrong on their "legit options". Money talks, man. So do rings. They aren't moving guys to Siberia to play. Are they going to be getting in on every big name free agent? No. but the majority of teams in the league don't. However, saying that one reaction to an unprecedented event has now made every single player ever not want to play in Cleveland is just stupid. The Cavs have a rabid fanbase, a great stadium, a ton of money and several really, really talented young players. We're not going to be getting Dwight Howard, but there's a reason the Lebron-back-to-Cleveland talks are so prevalent.

Dan Gilbert is a clown, but I think you are right on this one Sox. If elite FAs think that Cleveland gives them a chance to win a title and they have the cap space to pay, they will at least consider it an option. Kyrie Irving is one of the most exciting young stars in the league. They need to hit on one more pick and they will be a key FA away.