• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs interested in Pierce

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't agree with that. I might as well just stop the whole "they've tried so many times to attract free agents and so many have turned them down" thing you are trying at. They flat out haven't gone after them. I know that, you're just trying to use a generalization to make up a truth that just isn't there. They lost out on Lebron and Bosh because they all wanted to play together with Wade and Cleveland, while also not likely to get the nod over Miami, couldn't afford all 3. Other than that, Cleveland has not tried going after any big name free agents in many, many years. I know it's popular to rag on Cleveland, and they are a small market. However, using 1 Joakim Noah soundbyte hardly paints the picture for the entire league.

Once again.....my quote does not say they can't get ANY free agents, the first quote says they're not lining up to go to Cleveland.

And I stand by my statements. You can pursue.....but nobody wants to go there, and you and I both know this. No major, in his prime star player, is going to sign an FA deal to play for the Cavs. It simply isn't going to happen, and you know this.

YOU were the "people" I spoke of that don't want to hear the truth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs say they are down to Len and Noel.

It looks like Porter will be available for the Wizards at 3! I can't see Orlando passing on McLemore.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs say they are down to Len and Noel.

It looks like Porter will be available for the Wizards at 3! I can't see Orlando passing on McLemore.

Orlando has already said they will take Noel if Cleveland doesn't, and it sounds like that could be the case. Kind of disappointed, but it is sounding more and more like the Cavs will be getting Deng for the 19, 31 and 33, which would be great. If we come away with Len and Deng from this draft to go along with what we already have, I'd be thrilled. I also imagine we'll be looking to deal Andy Varajao, as we don't have a need for three 7-footers on our roster.

Really was wanting Porter, to be honest. He's gonna be a good one.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again.....my quote does not say they can't get ANY free agents, the first quote says they're not lining up to go to Cleveland.

And I stand by my statements. You can pursue.....but nobody wants to go there, and you and I both know this. No major, in his prime star player, is going to sign an FA deal to play for the Cavs. It simply isn't going to happen, and you know this.

YOU were the "people" I spoke of that don't want to hear the truth.

:L

I've said several times I understand Cleveland isn't a destination spot for FAs. What I'm saying is that while we are not likely to get a Dwight Howard or Chris Paul caliber player, there are also probably 20 or so other franchises in the league who are in the same boat, and they all are still able to get really solid FAs. Plus, with our loads of money and incredible amount of young talent, a ring is definitely possible, and soon.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

I've said several times I understand Cleveland isn't a destination spot for FAs. What I'm saying is that while we are not likely to get a Dwight Howard or Chris Paul caliber player, there are also probably 20 or so other franchises in the league who are in the same boat, and they all are still able to get really solid FAs. Plus, with our loads of money and incredible amount of young talent, a ring is definitely possible, and soon.

Well, you can't qualify as a fan if you don't believe.

Put me in the camp that says no chance at a ring for Cleveland given this roster in the east. No way this collection competes with Chicago or Indy, let alone Miami.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you can't qualify as a fan if you don't believe.

Put me in the camp that says no chance at a ring for Cleveland given this roster in the east. No way this collection competes with Chicago or Indy, let alone Miami.

Given the fact that D-Rose is one of the biggest nancies in the league, and it sounds like Deng might actually be joining the Cavs, they don't scare me. Indy is really solid, but with a healthy Irving, Dion Waiters, Luol Deng, Tristan Thompson, and the combination down low of Anderson Varajao, Noel/Len and Tyler Zeller, they could definitely match up well. They have nobody that could stop Irving, and we have enough size down low to deal with Hibbert.

Miami, we'll have to wait and see. D-Wade needs to get healthy and Bosh would be completely neutralized by our bigs. Nobody is gonna stop Lebron so there's no need to even bother.

Last edited by a moderator:

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given the fact that D-Rose is one of the biggest nancies in the league, and it sounds like Deng might actually be joining the Cavs, they don't scare me. Indy is really solid, but with a healthy Irving, Dion Waiters, Luol Deng, Tristan Thompson, and the combination down low of Anderson Varajao, Noel/Len and Tyler Zeller, they could definitely match up well. They have nobody that could stop Irving, and we have enough size down low to deal with Hibbert.

Miami, we'll have to wait and see. D-Wade needs to get healthy and Bosh would be completely neutralized by our bigs. Nobody is gonna stop Lebron so there's no need to even bother.

LOL - ceiling for that team is 6th seed.

Assuming you can keep Irving healthy, along with Varejao who's not really much.......Deng would be a quality add. Tristan has to grow up probably sooner than expected, as well as Waiters.

It's going to take more than Deng to make that team even REMOTELY a contender. That's just crazy talk.