• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs hire Beilein.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when did I say it's not me it's everyone else? I don't think I'm having issues with folks. They are the sensitive ones.

The bold answers that question and so does this:

I have the reputation I have because forums like this are filled with do as I say not as I do guys.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.

And neither does Belien's travel at the college level.

Are you claiming that NBA travel is not exhausting?
I am not making that claim. I have never traveled like NBA people travel as often as they do. But I am claiming it's not the same as if they traveled like "regular" people.

How long into this argument before you tell me all I do is argue again (while you argue)?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bold answers that question and so does this:
Yes, I'm glad you see I am proving my point. If they were not so sensitive they could see this for what it is.....a forum where often people will have differences of opinions. Many here like to argue, many like to get the last word . What's funny is when many point these things out in others while arguing and trying to get the last word (as you also are proving here, BTW)

I am one who does not get bent out of shape if someone disagrees with me, and realizes sports would be boring if we all agreed.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:

Yeah. That's why.
and you are proof of my theories as you make no secret you also just like to argue.

I don't say that as though it's a bad thing.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you are proof of my theories as you make no secret you also just like to argue.

So people have to agree w/ everything you say or you see it as an argument. Bizrarre.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So people have to agree w/ everything you say or you see it as an argument. Bizrarre.
yes.....I mean no.

wait. Not sure how to answer without agreeing.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not making that claim. I have never traveled like NBA people travel as often as they do. But I am claiming it's not the same as if they traveled like "regular" people.

How long into this argument before you tell me all I do is argue again (while you argue)?

Let's review the sequence of events

-I claimed an NBA travel schedule could be difficult for a 66 year old first time NBA coach.

-You liked the comment

-Wiggy calls me a dumbass

-You piggy back and call my comment (that you originally liked) foolish and are now trying to create an argument out of thin air.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now wait a minute. I don't like to argue. I like trying to start arguments between other people. There's a difference.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's review the sequence of events

-I claimed an NBA travel schedule could be difficult for a 66 year old first time NBA coach.

-You liked the comment

-Wiggy calls me a dumbass

-You piggy back and call my comment (that you originally liked) foolish and are now trying to create an argument out of thin air.
Because I agree it COULD be difficult. But I don't know the man and have also tried to make you see the other side. I'm funny that way and capable of seeing both sides. We are not talking riding coach on a commercial flight here.

where I also disagreed was your assertion that the excess travel to games cannot be offset at all by the fact he will no longer need to recruit his team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why the age thing could matter:

The NBA travel schedule is brutal. A lot different than the 2 game a week college schedule with mostly regional road contests.

For a guy who has never had to do that, it is a lot to take on at 66.

Belien is a good basketball coach. I see no reason why he can't be successful at the NBA level if afforded talent, but I would also think a young roster would better fit a young coach that could grow with it. Looks like the plan is to get 3-5 years out of Belien to develop young players?
This the post you were referring to that I liked (whch I did)? Ever stop to think what I agreed with most was your last comment?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I agree it COULD be difficult. But I don't know the man and have also tried to make you see the other side. I'm funny that way and capable of seeing both sides. We are not talking riding coach on a commercial flight here.

where I also disagreed was your assertion that the excess travel to games cannot be offset at all by the fact he will no longer need to recruit his team.

NBA coaches have other obligations too.

Attending summer league. Pre-season games that you have to travel for. It isn't just attending games in season.

How many more nights a year do NBA coaches have to sleep away from home that college coaches do?

20? 30? More than that?

Whatever that number is, it is not insignificant.

Fact is, you go from agreeing to calling my statement foolish and trying to pick it apart.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This the post you were referring to that I liked (whch I did)? Ever stop to think what I agreed with most was your last comment?

All I ever said was that it could matter.

Not that it will or that it has to.

I already do see the other side as evidence by my OP.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm glad you see I am proving my point. If they were not so sensitive they could see this for what it is.....a forum where often people will have differences of opinions. Many here like to argue, many like to get the last word . What's funny is when many point these things out in others while arguing and trying to get the last word (as you also are proving here, BTW)

I am one who does not get bent out of shape if someone disagrees with me, and realizes sports would be boring if we all agreed.

When you have issues with virtually everyone...you are the problem.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see that. Remember back in the day when Thome and Griffey were in the HR Derby when they had the All-Star game in Cleveland. This year the Indians are a lot cause and I don't they will make a big pickup close to the trade deadline but at least they have the AS game lol

I was at that all star game as a kid. If I remember correctly Griffey didn’t hit that well but it was still cool seeing him in person

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Attending summer league. Pre-season games that you have to travel for. It isn't just attending games in season.

How many more nights a year do NBA coaches have to sleep away from home that college coaches do?

20? 30? More than that?

Fact is, you go from agreeing to calling my statement foolish and trying to pick it apart.
Fact is, yes, I agreed it COULD matter. But unlike you, I can see both sides in a discussion and realize working in the NBA also has some advantages over being in the college game.

And as already pointed out, what I most liked about your comments was the last thing you said that had nothing to do with travel.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have issues with virtually everyone...you are the problem.
OK, but seems like I have issues with few if any. Are there some with whom I've disagreed on topics? Sure. But if this was the criteria to "having issues with virtually everyone" then you could call virtually everyone here guilty on this matter.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

20? 30? More than that?

A facepalm for pointing out I agreed with your comment? could it be you just like to disagree and argue?