• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs hire Beilein.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it wouldn't work.

All I said was that travel was the reason the age thing MIGHT matter.

And Wiggy wanted to call me a dumbass in response to a very reasonable post.

I will let you all figure out why.
i think you can figure out why

flying around in private jets is not exactly taxing.

and, for the record, i didn't specifically call you a dumb ass, just anyone that thinks its taxing to fly around in private jets. lol

phil jackson who played the game and isnt healthy- sure- shit just sitting for 3 hours a game is a lot for him------ but for most people, sitting on their ass is not exactly a taxing thing to do.

but hell- no matter how dark things get at least we aint the Wiz....I saw some guy just from the Nugz just turned down a promotion to stay in Colorado.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys will really like Beilein. He took a UM program that hadn’t done anything since the Fab 5 and turned them into a national program again.

He will get every ounce of talent from the players on the roster, but the one downside to his style is — he takes players back to the basics. He forces his teams to take care of the ball and will drill it into their brains until it comes to fruition. (UM was always in the top 5-10 teams for fewest turnovers). Will professional players be willing to buy into those type of basic drills that helps win games?
He is tremendous at putting players in a position to succeed in his system and has a great eye for untapped talent. UM wasn’t bringing in top 10 recruiting classes in basketball, but Beilein would find players he felt he could coach up to be elite players. Tim Hardaway Jr, Trey Burke, Caris LaVert, Nick Stauskus, etc. Ignas Brazdeikis is the first player in 20 years to be a 1 and done player at UM, so we never signed the truly elite recruits, but Beilein turned them into elite talents.

His offense will have a ton of movement. Lots of spacing, lots of dribble drives with kicks for open 3’s and if he gets his way, he will have a team who always makes the extra pass to get the open look.

I am a die hard football fan, but I would have rather lost Jim Harbaugh as the football coach than Beilein as the basketball coach. That is how highly he is thought of around here. We knew the day was coming though. He talked of wanting to coach in the NBA and had interviewed a few times the last year or two. If Cleveland gives him time — I think he will turn them into a winning team and bare minimum, he will make all the young talent on the team better players.
yah.....i think where the Cavs are as a franchise its a very solid hire.

Time will tell, but the type of guys that the Cavs are bringing in--- young guys that are hungry, that have good work ethics, that are not about themselves- they seem to be a good fit with a coach like Beilein.

He would not have been a great fit with the roster of 2 years ago- but with this roster, it seems like its a very good hire. I hope the Cavs continue to add young players that have the work ethic and team-first attitude of guys like Nance, Sexton, Osman, etc.

This year will probably be another challenging year.....but get this draft, and next years draft, get Beilein some talent, and within a couple years this team will have gone through a rebuild pretty quickly---- at least relative to some shit bag franchises like the Knicks, Wiz, Magic, etc. in the East the last few years (though the Magic are starting to turn it around and I think the Knicks are going to have a big offseason).

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you can figure out why

flying around in private jets is not exactly taxing.

and, for the record, i didn't specifically call you a dumb ass, just anyone that thinks its taxing to fly around in private jets. lol

phil jackson who played the game and isnt healthy- sure- shit just sitting for 3 hours a game is a lot for him------ but for most people, sitting on their ass is not exactly a taxing thing to do.

but hell- no matter how dark things get at least we aint the Wiz....I saw some guy just from the Nugz just turned down a promotion to stay in Colorado.

It isn't just the flying around.

It is living out of a suitcase, time zone changes, irregular sleep schedules due to late night/early morning travel plans. It all adds up. And yes, it is very physically taxing. You are way minimizing it.

Especially when considering that many 66 year olds are either playing shuffleboard or sitting in a Barca lounger enjoying retirement.

Everyone here knows that the only reason you made that comment was because it was in response to me. You can try to cover it now, but we all know the truth. Had it been anyone else who made the travel comment your reply would have been a lot different.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say it wouldn't work.

All I said was that travel was the reason the age thing MIGHT matter.

And Wiggy wanted to call me a dumbass in response to a very reasonable post.

I will let you all figure out why.
It definitely might matter, but you at least need to acknowledge NBA teams aren't traveling like you might travel.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn't just the flying around.

It is living out of a suitcase, time zone changes, irregular sleep schedules due to late night/early morning travel plans. It all adds up. And yes, it is very physically taxing. You are way minimizing it.

Especially when considering that many 66 year olds are either playing shuffleboard or sitting in a Barca lounger enjoying retirement.

Everyone here knows that the only reason you made that comment was because it was in response to me. You can try to cover it now, but we all know the truth. Had it been anyone else who made the travel comment your reply would have been a lot different.
Not sure of his specific comment, but while you think he is minimizing the travel, I think you are making more out of it than it is. All the plans are taken care of for him. It's not like he's flying commercial, going through long lines and sitting in a cramped middle seat.

Never mind you ignore college teams ride many buses and seem to think only lackeys make recruiting trips.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure of his specific comment, but while you think he is minimizing the travel, I think you are making more out of it than it is. All the plans are taken care of for him. It's not like he's flying commercial, going through long lines and sitting in a cramped middle seat.

Never mind you ignore college teams ride many buses and seem to think only lackeys make recruiting trips.

Bro.

Trust me. I know how often head coaches make recruiting trips.

Over 90% are made by assistants at just about every D1 school. Josh Pastner was an exception when he was an up and comer at Memphis, but he was also known for extraordinary effort on the recruiting trail.

In fact, Belien was pretty heavily recruiting a player I used to work with years ago. The player's decision came down to Michigan and 2 other schools (he picked a more local alternative). Belein attended a major AAU tournament and watched every game there that the kid played in. All other times Michigan was represented to watch this kid (at least 7 or 8), it was an assistant.

And here you are trying to pick apart semantics of another very minor statement (that you originally agreed with).

This is why you have the rep that you do.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.

Over 90% are made by assistants at just about every D1 school. Josh Pastner was an exception when he was an up and comer at Memphis, but he was also known for extraordinary effort on the recruiting trail.

In fact, Belien was pretty heavily recruiting a player I used to work with years ago. The player's decision came down to Michigan and 2 other schools (he picked a more local alternative). Belein attended a major AAU tournament and watched every game there that the kid played in. All other times Michigan was represented to watch this kid (at least 7 or 8), it was an assistant.

And here you are trying to pick apart semantics of another very minor statement (that you originally agreed with).

you have the rep of being a whiny bitch

in the last 24 hours that has been your argument to multiple people "this is why you have the rep, blah blah blah"

shut the fuck up--- people are criticizing you because you are stupid--- because you say stupid shit and think you know a bunch because you coach children. You dont. you are pretty much a moron. to basically discount someone saying not having to recruit anymore is lightening a heavy burden, and having to fly around in a private jet is taxing is fucking stupid- no matter who you are. PERIOD. stfu

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro.

I am picking apart because you sound foolish when it comes to your thoughts on travel and recruiting . I have the reputation I have because forums like this are filled with do as I say not as I do guys.

do not throw it back on me because you think the way NBA coaches travel is the same as how you might travel. Or that you don't get that top college coaches make a number of recruiting trips. Never mind you ignore many of their road trips are by bus. I bet that's fun for a 66-year-old, right?

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have the rep of being a whiny bitch

in the last 24 hours that has been your argument to multiple people "this is why you have the rep, blah blah blah"

shut the fuck up--- people are criticizing you because you are stupid--- because you say stupid shit and think you know a bunch because you coach children. You dont. you are pretty much a moron. to basically discount someone saying not having to recruit anymore is lightening a heavy burden, and having to fly around in a private jet is taxing is fucking stupid- no matter who you are. PERIOD. stfu

No.

You criticize me because you have a grudge and can't let little stuff go.

End of story.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking apart because you sound foolish when it comes to your thoughts on . I have the reputation I have because forums like this are filled with do as I say not as I do guys.

do not throw it back on me because you think the way NBA coaches travel is the same as how you might travel. Or that you don't get that top college coaches make a number of recruiting trips. Never mind you ignore many of their road trips are by bus. I bet that's fun for a 66-year-old, right?

Of course it isn't the same.

Never said it was.

Just said that it might be a concern for a 66 year old first time NBA coach.

Because it most definitely is more.

And you know what is crazy?

You actually liked my original comment, then jumped in piggy backing Wiggy and are now calling it foolish. LOL.

You wouldn't have liked it if you thought it foolish.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking apart because you sound foolish when it comes to your thoughts on . I have the reputation I have because forums like this are filled with do as I say not as I do guys.

And it isn't like Michigan is riding a yellow school bus. They are on a big charter with plenty of room for all.

Probably not much difference in travel comfort between a charter bus and a private flight. Time sure, comfort no.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it isn't like Michigan is riding a yellow school bus. They are on a big charter with plenty of room for all.

Probably not much difference in travel comfort between a charter bus and a private flight. Time sure, comfort no.
oh my.....aren't you the one who said the time was a big issue? It's funny you recognize the difference between a charter bus and a yellow bus but not a charter flight and commercial.

And here's a flash - the difference for the flights is far greater than for the buses.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh my.....aren't you the one who said the time was a big issue? It's funny you recognize the difference between a charter bus and a yellow bus but not a charter flight and commercial.

And here's a flash - the difference for the flights is far greater than for the buses.

Oh my is right.

1 road trip a week during conference play. Regional matchups.

Do you think an 8 hour bus ride compares to a 10 day West Coast road trip?

You are trying to make this all about the actual ride/flight. That is just a small part of traveling to away venues.

Yes. College travel is a lot easier. I literally can't believe this is being argued.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have the reputation I have because forums like this are filled with do as I say not as I do guys.

Ah, the "it's not me, everybody else is crazy" defense.

How original.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh my is right.

1 road trip a week during conference play. Regional matchups.

Do you think an 8 hour bus ride compares to a 10 day West Coast road trip?

You are trying to make this all about the actual ride/flight. That is just a small part of traveling to away venues.

Yes. College travel is a lot easier. I literally can't believe this is being argued.
How can you "literally" not believe it when you just said it's happening?

Do you think their mode of travel consists of carrying heavy bags, long lines, middle seats between a mom and a kid, Super 8 Motels and White Castle stops?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, the "it's not me, everybody else is crazy" defense.

How original.
not as original as the "you've got me so I'll play the "that's why you have the rep you do' card"

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not as original as the "you've got me so I'll play the "that's why you have the rep you do' card"

Exactly. The fact that you use such and unoriginal as "it's not me, it's everybody else" just shows how lame your defense is.

It's hilarious how you constantly prove what everyone thinks about you is correct...but somehow think you don't.

You have gotten into some kind of e-spat with just about everyone here. When it's just a couple of folks, it could be them or it could be just the fact that not everyone is going to get along all of the time.

But when you are having issues with just about everyone...you're the problem.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you "literally" not believe it when you just said it's happening?

Do you think their mode of travel consists of carrying heavy bags, long lines, middle seats between a mom and a kid, Super 8 Motels and White Castle stops?

Nope.

And neither does Belien's travel at the college level.

Are you claiming that NBA travel is not exhausting?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The fact that you use such and unoriginal as "it's not me, it's everybody else" just shows how lame your defense is.

It's hilarious how you constantly prove what everyone thinks about you to be correct...but somehow think you don't.

You have gotten into some kind of e-spat with just about everyone here. When it's just a couple of folks, it could be them or it could be just the fact that not everyone is going to get along all of the time.

But when you are having issues with just about everyone...you're the problem.
when did I say it's not me it's everyone else? I don't think I'm having issues with folks. They are the sensitive ones.

When do I play any card based on someone's style or alleged style? Many here like to argue. Many here try and get the last word. Many here will never admit he/she is wrong (I have proven this is not the case with me).

I base my comments on the posts, never the poster. If my comments are refuted, I'll man up and say so.