• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs and Blatt

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone who gets hired as a coach deserves one no? I haev a question for you, why wouldnt he?

He was hired pre lebron love coming

I think he sort of does he has some good wins against the grizz bulls and raptors but some very questionable losses against the knicks and pistons...i give him till all star break to see how he is doing

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on you don't really bilieve that do you?

Every year they pick the bulls..the bulls already lost to the cavs this year and in fact have neve beat lebron on multiple teams now.

I agree tho that they need anither piece to confirm getting out of the east otherwise it's a crap shoot...but dont forget the east is pretty bad

Those Bulls teams didn't have Gasol playing at a high level or Jimmy Butler playing at the level he's at. The key for the Bulls is staying healthy. Rose has had injuries to both knees and Gasol has missed time each of the past 2 or 3 years with various injuries here and there.

I'm not real confident in the Bulls ability to stay healthy. But I am very confident that if they are healthy when the playoffs start, they will come out of the East and are the only team in the East that is likely to beat anyone from the West.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he sort of does he has some good wins against the grizz bulls and raptors but some very questionable losses against the knicks and pistons...i give him till all star break to see how he is doing

I can roll with that. By then there would be no doubt to the state of the team.

So whats your opinion about the way Lebron has been during practices and played during games?

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Cavs team? Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were ousted in the 1st round....

Lebron and the cavs do not have a losing record do far against sny of the top east teams...and they have played pretty underwhelming

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem isn't whether or not the fans and/or front office give him a fair shake, he's not coaching them. It's whether or not the players will give him a fair shake and so far the answer seems to be no.

Leking2246

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can roll with that. By then there would be no doubt to the state of the team.

So whats your opinion about the way Lebron has been during practices and played during games?

Lebron has been okay...i had expected a little better but the playoffs are were it counts so i look forward to seeing what he can do then

I am more annoyed with their d...you would think they could figure out something a little better hopefully they trade for a big that can plsy some d

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem isn't whether or not the fans and/or front office give him a fair shake, he's not coaching them. It's whether or not the players will give him a fair shake and so far the answer seems to be no.

You know this is true Trojan i can also add to this that the fans have indeed been instrumental in the dysfunction of this team. Kyrie is expected to be a professional, but im sure it was disheartening to see how overwhelmingly people forgot about him when Lebron rolled into town. He had just signed a big contract and was considered the cornerstone of the franchise. The one after the Choosen one. And all of a sudden hes a meatball. It may not seem so to many, but the top dog gets top billing and top priority. And Lebron is on a small 2 year contract that leaves room for yet another departure. Everything has to go his way no doubt. You throw in a guy like Love who has been the butt of many criticisms from fans much like Kyrie and you have more fuel to the fire.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this is true Trojan i can also add to this that the fans have indeed been instrumental in the dysfunction of this team. Kyrie is expected to be a professional, but im sure it was disheartening to see how overwhelmingly people forgot about him when Lebron rolled into town. He had just signed a big contract and was considered the cornerstone of the franchise. The one after the Choosen one. And all of a sudden hes a meatball. It may not seem so to many, but the top dog gets top billing and top priority. And Lebron is on a small 2 year contract that leaves room for yet another departure. Everything has to go his way no doubt. You throw in a guy like Love who has been the butt of many criticisms from fans much like Kyrie and you have more fuel to the fire.

I agree. I think part of why things worked in Miami is because D-Wade never took a back seat to Lebron in the eyes of Heat fans. Everyone, including Lebron, went into it knowing that the Heat were D-Wade's team. Lebron was smart enough not to challenge that and instead played nice and waited for D-Wade to "make room" for him.

The Cavs became Lebron's team the second he signed the contract. It's possible that Kyrie is feeling like he was kind of kicked to the side. That's on Kyrie, because Lebron is the better player, so Kyrie has to adjust. But Lebron didn't seem to handle it with anything close to the tact that he used in Miami.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron and the cavs do not have a losing record do far against sny of the top east teams...and they have played pretty underwhelming

Losing record in the regular season? Are you kidding me?

Teams have a winning record in the reg season often, but get bounced (by the same) in the postseason OFTEN.

4 game(s) played at different times out of 82 games is far different than a 7 game series, my friend.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,227.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 2012-2013, Memphis went 2-2 vs the Spurs in the regular season.

They should play them tough in the postseason, right? They got SWEPT in 4 games.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a fucking mess and i love it

fat-guy-dance.gif

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that this was leaked is an embarrassment to the cavs rosters. we are struggling so im going to go cry to a reporter about it. weird that the guy that was covering the heat last yr is the one who got the source....

Last edited by a moderator:

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Blatt Just Stands There Like A Buster And Parrots LeBron's Calls

I don't want to be completely dismissive of this report... but Windhorst is starting to feel more and more like a troll.

If you listen to the entire exchange between Windhorst and Simmons (its quite long)... you'll hear Windhorst admit that his sources for these types of in-game insights are fans!!!
:lol:
He says that media members aren't allowed near the bench during games anymore... but that he knows people that sit near the Cavs bench and that's where this info comes from. Seriously?

Anyway... the whole LeBron calls a play and then Blatt repeats the play to the team doesn't even make sense. Who does a coach need to tell a play to after its already been called on the court? :noidea:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Miami? The Lakers?

Either one would be awesome because we'd get a Wiggy meltdown.:lol:
if anyone thinks LeBron is leaving they are going to be mightily dissapointed.

Him and Kyrie are going to be kicking ass together for at least the better part of the next decade.

Dwade? after his great streak, missed a game with a knee the size of a grapefruit from fluid, and has played some awfully shitty games. Kyrie is the sidekick LeBRon has been looking for since 2011 Dwade (when DWade could actualy play at a high level for more than a week or week and a half without his knee blowing up)

I certainly am not married to Blatt- if he does a good job keep him- if not- who wouldnt want to come coach LeBron, Kyrie and probably Love? They could sign Coach Cal the day after they fired Blatt if it comes to that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs hates Chicago management and they dont seem to like him- Id give him Blatts job no problem! Tom Izzo want to add an NBa title to his resume? cmon! between Gilberts wallet and the prospect of long term success it would be destination one for any coach if they decide at some point that Blatt is not the guy-

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Blatt is an intelligent guy- after watching Brown and Scott implement just absolutely DREADFUL offenses, and especially with Scott who is an old school guy and just not really meshing with the new-school NBA players- Blatt's at least respectable.....I dont hate Blatt and I dont think Blatt is the greatest in the world. --- if he does well in the playoffs keep him- if its obvious he is somehow holding the team back get rid of him- if Lebron, Kyrie and Love want someone else- get rid of him- if they want him keep him-

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is. He's just struggling to find his spot in the offense. Right now, he seems like he's the #3 option when he should actually be the #2 and Kyrie should be the #3. He needs shots to get his offensive rhythm and he's not getting them as the #3, at least not as many as he needs.

The problem seems to be that none of the players respect the coach. The question for the Cavs is: Do they ride out the rest of the season with Blatt and hope the team gets it figured out? Or do they cut their losses and bring in a coach like George Karl who would have some credibility with the players?

cut their losses? they have been the best team in the league since they made their roster moves and brought in a real center and LeBron got healthy!

how the hell do you fire a guy that has coached the best team in the entire NBA for the last 2+ months?

this is insane...i dont think Blatt is the greatest but shit- he certainly deserves some props for coaching the best team in the league over the last few months after the start they go to.

And Love is the 3rd option and he deserves to be.

You really think Love deserves to get more shots than Kyrie? I mean, have you watched the CAvs this season?

Kyrie has the 2 HIGHEST SCORING GAMES IN THE LEAGUE THIS YEAR....and you want that uy as your third option?

wow....just wow

Love is one of 5 guys in the league going for 17 and 10....its not like hes played bad- thats not too far off of where I thought he would be --- I thought he would be like 19 and 11 - and hes at 17 and 10 despite having some recurring back issues and a difficulty assimilating in the offense

Considering he is playing with Kyrie and LeBRon- i mean, just what would Love have to be at to be considred playing like he should? How far from 17 and 10?

if anyone thinks he was going for 25 and 14 this year when he is sharing the scoring with Kyrie, BRon- and a solid scoring shooting guard in JR (who gets like 12pts a game) and then sharing rebounding with Tristan, Mozgov, BRon...i mean....shit - then you are nuts

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they thought they had no chance in landing LeBron. If the Cavs dump Blatt who do they go after, maybe Mark Jackson or bring back George Karl?

They brought in Blatt before LEbron- you are correct

Cal, Izzo, Thibs, Mark Jackson---

I think there is a solid chance Calipari is the coach at the beginning of next year. He was close to taking a shitload of money to come to the Cavs last offseason- hes done all he could in college and could really cash in hugely----

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a bit long winded.

I dont want to shit on Blatt completely. I dont think this team believes in him, and thats partially his fault. He has the resume, albeit from another type of basketball entirely, but hey the Euro game should work for such a team right? He hasnt, and still doesnt seem to

Anyway, I'm going to put a lot of the blame Lebron. Its time for Lebron to put up or shut up. And i expected the best year of Lebrons Career. But you know what? If i think about Lebron being Lebron. Waffling around, dilly dallying, waiting for others to "step up". In glaring contrast to Kobe. Now, while this aint a Kobe issue, its relate-able in regards to Lebron, absolutely, positively, undoubtedly, having the talent to completely take over games. Yet he does not. Its glaring most especially to remember the kind of games he had with the Cavs which he has not even come close to in the years since.

I maintain Lebron is a dumb guy. But i dont think hes dumb enough to not set himself up to be the savior. Yet the report after report of him undermining his coach makes me think his emotion is getting the best of him and is staring at that door.

Now lets be clear. David Blatt is the coach. Its up to the players to respect him regardless. Hes only 30 something games in. Most especially this early. But. If we pay attention to the reports of Lebron undermining his coach? Well how could anyone get behind him when the best player treats him like he aint in charge? Meanwhile that player is playing within the offense, which is commendable, yet not stepping up when he can. Rather, fans, have openly trashed their once beloved star in Kyrie and put a lot of blame on him and their newest addition Kevin love. What loyalty to their kid and welcome to a new guy eh?

Cleveland is a fucking mess, and im happy to see it happen. Anyway Lakers have cap space people.

Cleveland is a mess? THEY HAVE BEEN THE BES TEAM IN THE LEAGUE THE LAST SINCE January 15th. They are the favorites to win the East! them and Golden state have the best odds in vegas to win a title! (Cavs get a boost because the EAst is easier to get through)--

how the hell are the CAvs a mess?

This just boggles my mind. No one is playing better ball in the entire league- the trades they made have turned out to be fucking BRILLIANT! LEBron is getting more rest and fewer minutes than anytime in his career! Kyrie Irving has taken a huge step up this year and has been amazing!

please explain to me this "mess"? LOL

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy responded to post from December & acting like they were posted recently lmao