• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cavs and Blatt

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Spolestra.

But it really dont matter, hes your coach. Resumes in this day and age are now more touted then before, you can thank Phil Jackson for that. But in reality having a good coach is a genuine privilege in any sport if we are honest. Its way to early to shit on this guy. And not for nothing, hes got much more experience and a way better resume then Eric ever had.

Riley was whispering in Spolestras ear

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the Hell would Cleveland hire a no name first year guy as their head coach when they just got an all star roster?????

Because they didn't have an All Star Roster.

They had Kyrie, Thompson and Waiters

Love and the Lebron crew came after he was hired.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are already thinking about firing him. WOW.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blatt lost that locker room a long time ago. :2cents:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is absolute BULLSHIT that this guy will have to take the fall for this total lack of effort by a bunch spoiled, overpaid, me first quasi-Super Stars.

This is what they get for letting one guy dictate the roster.

Yes, it's the Coach's responsibility to have the Team ready to play.

But, he is likely being undermined at every turn because the players have way more power than he does.

The cold hard fact of the situation is that this collection of names don't fit and their defense is atrocious.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is. He's just struggling to find his spot in the offense. Right now, he seems like he's the #3 option when he should actually be the #2 and Kyrie should be the #3. He needs shots to get his offensive rhythm and he's not getting them as the #3, at least not as many as he needs.

The problem seems to be that none of the players respect the coach. The question for the Cavs is: Do they ride out the rest of the season with Blatt and hope the team gets it figured out? Or do they cut their losses and bring in a coach like George Karl who would have some credibility with the players?

Exactly, Love and James should be getting the bulk of the shots and Irving should be running the offense as a PG.....but he isn't one. He's an under-sized shooting guard.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is absolute BULLSHIT that this guy will have to take the fall for this total lack of effort by a bunch spoiled, overpaid, me first quasi-Super Stars.

But, he is likely being undermined at every turn because the players have way more power than he does.

The cold hard fact of the situation is that this collection of names don't fit and their defense is atrocious.

I agree, the truth this team isn't very good. Blatt getting a raw deal here.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is gonna be a bit long winded.

I dont want to shit on Blatt completely. I dont think this team believes in him, and thats partially his fault. He has the resume, albeit from another type of basketball entirely, but hey the Euro game should work for such a team right? He hasnt, and still doesnt seem to

Anyway, I'm going to put a lot of the blame Lebron. Its time for Lebron to put up or shut up. And i expected the best year of Lebrons Career. But you know what? If i think about Lebron being Lebron. Waffling around, dilly dallying, waiting for others to "step up". In glaring contrast to Kobe. Now, while this aint a Kobe issue, its relate-able in regards to Lebron, absolutely, positively, undoubtedly, having the talent to completely take over games. Yet he does not. Its glaring most especially to remember the kind of games he had with the Cavs which he has not even come close to in the years since.

I maintain Lebron is a dumb guy. But i dont think hes dumb enough to not set himself up to be the savior. Yet the report after report of him undermining his coach makes me think his emotion is getting the best of him and is staring at that door.

Now lets be clear. David Blatt is the coach. Its up to the players to respect him regardless. Hes only 30 something games in. Most especially this early. But. If we pay attention to the reports of Lebron undermining his coach? Well how could anyone get behind him when the best player treats him like he aint in charge? Meanwhile that player is playing within the offense, which is commendable, yet not stepping up when he can. Rather, fans, have openly trashed their once beloved star in Kyrie and put a lot of blame on him and their newest addition Kevin love. What loyalty to their kid and welcome to a new guy eh?

Cleveland is a fucking mess, and im happy to see it happen. Anyway Lakers have cap space people.

No current player has Kobe's competitive fire, definitely not LeBronda. It's just too bad Father Time is catching up to Kobe.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,921.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not new news to see a star influence who coaches, who gets resigned, etc. Plenty of examples. Lebron will get this figured out. He has all the leverage.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No current player has Kobe's competitive fire, definitely not LeBronda. It's just too bad Father Time is catching up to Kobe.

I'd say that Duncan does as well. He's just quieter about it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not new news to see a star influence who coaches, who gets resigned, etc. Plenty of examples. Lebron will get this figured out. He has all the leverage.

I think the point is that Lebron having all of the leverage is the problem. There is literally no one in that organization that he feels he needs to answer to. In Miami, everybody, including Lebron, answered to Riley.

The Cavs have no Pat Riley and therefore no one to keep Lebron in check.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the point is that Lebron having all of the leverage is the problem. There is literally no one in that organization that he feels he needs to answer to. In Miami, everybody, including Lebron, answered to Riley.

He's got Thunder Dan by the Balls with that out in his contract.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the hire was questionable at first but everyone was saying how great he was in Europe. The problem is the U.S. isnt Europe.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe thats the biggest issue ahead. I am still am glass half full for now. Who would he want to coach him?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the hire was questionable at first but everyone was saying how great he was in Europe. The problem is the U.S. isnt Europe.

I don't even think it's that. It's a bad idea to have a 1st year coach coaching a team with a superstar and a couple of all-stars on it, unless that 1st year coach is a former great player himself and/or has someone in the front office that is strong enough to have the coaches back.

Even experienced coaches can have trouble keeping superstar players in check. It wasn't Spoelstra's first season, but he didn't have the credibility with Lebron to get Lebron to listen to him at first. That came from Riley. Now, he has a 1st year coach and no Riley.

Kobe walked all over Mike Brown and D'Antoni. He never got away with that with Phil and he doesn't with Byron because they both have his respect, where Brown and D'Antoni did not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe thats the biggest issue ahead. I am still am glass half full for now. Who would he want to coach him?

Hard to say, really. It would have to be someone who brings NBA credibility would be my guess. Interestingly, I think there is a very good candidate in the video at the beginning of this thread. I was watching George Karl talk about the situation and thinking, "Why isn't he coaching the Cavs?"