• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great drive there at the end. Carson was throwing darts. Are we sure Dick LeBeau is still alive? Palmer seemed quite comfortable back there in the pocket.

No Harrison or Polamalu...they never have any cb's to speak of...

Their defense is shit.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Harrison or Polamalu...they never have any cb's to speak of...

Their defense is shit.

I hate writing them off because they always seem to come back, but I agree that their defense might be awful. They have a great quarterback and a great set of receivers. The rest of the team is average at best.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If Palmer continues to play like this, regardless of their record, no way he's looking for a new team next season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Palmer continues to play like this, regardless of their record, no way he's looking for a new team next season.

No question it was a big win and something to build on. The next 2 weeks are big for them. They'll need to get a win in either Denver or Atlanta if they want to avoid a deep hole.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Atlanta and Houston are 2 teams that are looking pretty unbeatable right now.

San Diego: 2-1
Denver: 1-2
Oakland: 1-2
Kansas City: 0-3

The Denver game next week will be huge. Divisional game and with Atlanta coming up after, it's almost a must-win if they want to remain serious contenders for the division.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, in your opinion, did Run-DMC finally step out of the toilet?
I debated on starting him, and went ahead with starting him over Benson, I'm encouraged by his stats, even if one of the runs was a long one. and of course if RunDMC is out of his slump this bodes well for Palmer executing to those young receivers.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought last night they did a good job of allowing the passing game to help establish the running game. Outside of the big run, 2 of the other 3 respectable runs came on draw plays.

From a consistency standpoint, I thought they improved from the first 2 games, but wasn't anything to write home about. If DHB is out next week as I'd assume, I'd expect they involve McFadden more in the pass game.

All that said, my biggest concern is their defense. If they continue to fall behind early, it'll take away from their running game. For now, I'm going to keep McFadden in my lineup. Despite his early struggles in the run game, he has put up decent fantasy points for me 2 of the first 3 weeks. So I'll keep rolling the dice.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

they're up against the cap and Palmer's cap hit is close to 20 million because of how they've restructred his contact... unless they win at least 7 or 8games this season I can't see how they'll justify paying an older QB that much money when it's time to go into a full rebuild mode....

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I debated on starting him, and went ahead with starting him over Benson, I'm encouraged by his stats, even if one of the runs was a long one. and of course if RunDMC is out of his slump this bodes well for Palmer executing to those young receivers.

I can't believe you contemplated Benson over McFadden.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
they're up against the cap and Palmer's cap hit is close to 20 million because of how they've restructred his contact... unless they win at least 7 or 8games this season I can't see how they'll justify paying an older QB that much money when it's time to go into a full rebuild mode....

They restructured it when he was first traded. They restructured it again this past offseason. As long as Carson continues to like the direction they're going in, they'll restructure it again next offseason. That'll leave 1 year remaining with a huge hit going into 2014-2015. At that point, if both sides are still happy, he'll either take a pay cut to play out the last season on his contract or they'll sign him to a 2-3 year extension for a cheaper rate.

And for those questioning whether he'd take a pay cut. Absolutely. He'll be on his last legs. His options for other teams will have dimished being 35-36 years old. Assuming the team doesn't want to extend him, he'll either take a pay cut or he'll be cut.

The scenario you guys are talking about isn't for another 2 years down the road (offseason in 2014).

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They restructured it when he was first traded. They restructured it again this past offseason. As long as Carson continues to like the direction they're going in, they'll restructure it again next offseason. That'll leave 1 year remaining with a huge hit going into 2014-2015. At that point, if both sides are still happy, he'll either take a pay cut to play out the last season on his contract or they'll sign him to a 2-3 year extension for a cheaper rate.

And for those questioning whether he'd take a pay cut. Absolutely. He'll be on his last legs. His options for other teams will have dimished being 35-36 years old. Assuming the team doesn't want to extend him, he'll either take a pay cut or he'll be cut.

The scenario you guys are talking about isn't for another 2 years down the road (offseason in 2014).
If they keep restructuring and pushing the cap hit down the road it's going to be 40 or 50 million dollars by 2014. what if they want to move on with another QB by the time CP's in his mid 30's? putting off the cap hit isn't in the best long term interests of their organization...

I'm not saying he's done as a Raiders. but if they're a 10 plus loss team, with a bad cap, then I can't see how they'll can justify any 33 yr old QB at that price tag. If they're competitive and he's playing well they'll obviously work around the deal.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

After getting blown out in Denver, head coach Dennis Allen said everything will be reevaluated during the bye, including the zone blocking scheme:

"We're not going to stick our head in the sand."

"We all make mistakes in this business, and we've got to be able to learn from them."

Maybe he can help me get out of my 1-3 fantasy shell by going back to the power blocking scheme.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to evaluate Palmer when he has to play with that defense and that running game. Good grief. Maybe he'll retire again.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Denver never had to punt the ball this past week. And the week before, Pittsburgh punted 3 times all game.

Last ranked running game in the league.

On the bright side, it should result in a high 2nd pick for us.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to evaluate Palmer when he has to play with that defense and that running game. Good grief. Maybe he'll retire again.

Our second rounder is looking higher and higher.....that defense makes ours look formidable......:faint:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I don't think this is what CP bargained for, but, at least he's in California and none of us can find his front lawn, so his wife is happy.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually starting Andre Roberts over McFadden. (flex)

If Oakland falls behind, its all on Carson's shoulders again.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, on the other hand, Atlanta hasn't been good against the run.

what to do...
ugh

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, I'll play him since Atlanta has given up a lot of rushing yards.

I'll have to research who the yards were given up to though.

But He has the odds of either scoring a receiving TD or a rushing TD. Roberts might have a big day, but he might lose targets if Fitzgerald gets open at all.