• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Ravens seem butt sore about someone beating them in the past.

course, oakland is butt sore now.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer puts up 17 against a horrendous pass defense. At least he padded his stats by putting up another 300 yards.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Palmer puts up 17 against a horrendous pass defense. At least he padded his stats by putting up another 300 yards.

It doesn't help when your defense can't stop anyone. The Saints defense has been playing against the pass the entire game.

Carson hasn't played well this game, but he's played well all season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree with you there.... The Raiders suck. Hopefully we show up next week like we did today.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing Carson forced himself out of a bad situation in Cincinnati.... He's in good shape with that franchise! He should just retire again.

jwil007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
From Gladiator How We Feel About Quitter Palmer

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

That about sums it up...........

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

That about sums it up...........

He's not worth it, J.....the man did us a favor forcing his way out......he managed to force his way into one of the few organizations worse than where he already was.....joke's on him....

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fact: There is no organization worse than the Bengals, let alone a few.

Arguably the worst organization in all of pro sports.

That said, some players just have crappy luck. He did force himself into a bad situation, but I guarantee he has no regrets.

I don't consider drafting Andy Dalton a "favor". But that's just me.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he more or less just wanted out of this geographic location. although I'm sure the nonsense was a motivating factor.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact: There is no organization worse than the Bengals, let alone a few.

Arguably the worst organization in all of pro sports.

That said, some players just have crappy luck. He did force himself into a bad situation, but I guarantee he has no regrets.

I don't consider drafting Andy Dalton a "favor". But that's just me.

How could you know this? The guy forced his way out of a 'bad' situation only to watch that team go to the playoffs with a rookie qb in his place. Then he ends up on a team that drastically overpaid for his services while he steers them to a 3 or 4 win season. The next step for the guy is back-up duty on a contender or one or two more mediocre seasons on a crappy team. Sure, maybe he's glad to get away from Mike Brown, but has it really bought him anything more than the same?

Meanwhile I think it's easy to envision Dalton's record with the Bengals to be better than Palmer's... Yeah, maybe Palmer doesn't regret leaving the Bengals, but I also don't regret the team watching him go. He just wasn't all that good.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could you know this? The guy forced his way out of a 'bad' situation only to watch that team go to the playoffs with a rookie qb in his place. Then he ends up on a team that drastically overpaid for his services while he steers them to a 3 or 4 win season. The next step for the guy is back-up duty on a contender or one or two more mediocre seasons on a crappy team. Sure, maybe he's glad to get away from Mike Brown, but has it really bought him anything more than the same?

Meanwhile I think it's easy to envision Dalton's record with the Bengals to be better than Palmer's... Yeah, maybe Palmer doesn't regret leaving the Bengals, but I also don't regret the team watching him go. He just wasn't all that good.

Not to mention he turned his back on much bigger money for this. He's the big loser in this deal.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how when talking about Palmer all you have is excuses. Horrible organization, this, that and the other. But when talking about Dalton you don't mention any of this. All Dalton has done is overachieve and lead this team the playoffs as a rookie, improve basically every possible stat, with no #2 WR, no running game, a bad OL, and a crappy D. He has improved in his second year as he should, yet you are still not satisfied. Matt Ryan didn't really become a really good QB until his 5th year, but he improved a little each year. Does Dalton have some thing's to work on? Sure. Is their reasons to be optimistic about him beig our QB for the next 10 years? Absolutely. I'd rather have him than probably 2/3 the QBs in this league. I don't understand all the hate on Dalton. He is just in his 2nd year and he is playing damn good. Get Sanu, Jones and Hawkins in the gameplay more, get an actual NFL RB, and a better O-Line and I see no reason he won't be a top 8-12 QB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yea, he doesn't have to face Baltimore and Pittsburgh 2 times a year, and again in the playoffs if he's lucky. he's clearly had enough of that situation.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Talk about overstating "watch that team go to the playoffs". Because they backed into the playoffs one season only to get blown out in the first round (and may see the same this season), he should regret it? No, my reaction would be "typical".

And let's not forget that Carson's INITIAL trade demand came AFTER their loss to the Jets in the playoffs. So, it's obvious he has higher aspirations than losing in the first round, let alone getting blown out in it.

I absolutely believe Carson would have a better record than Dalton does here. Dalton is 1 and 135 against teams with a winning record.

As a fan of the Bengals and a fan of Carson, it's MY regret that he chose the path that he did. I would have loved to see the damage he could have done under Gruden and with Green.

Next, drastically overpaid is pure conjecture. Matter of opinion. Sure they could've had him for cheaper, but it's right around the going rate for a solid QB. And to say he's "steer"ing them to a 3-4 win season is laughable. They might be winless right now if it weren't for him.

As for next season's prospects, likely he'll be stuck in Oakland. Nothing to be enamored about. But it's an organization, unlike the Bengals, whose #1 goal is to win. And this is a guy who was willing to retire rather than play another snap for the Bengals. I'm pretty sure he's content in Oakland given what his prospects could otherwise be. And if the Raiders do let him go, the Chiefs (who actually do have talent) and Jets would love to have his services. He'll be a starter next season.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not to mention he turned his back on much bigger money for this. He's the big loser in this deal.

Now this post shows how jilted some fans really are. The man has $80 million in the bank. He was willing to just give up $50 million dollars not to play another snap for the Bengals ever again. None of that suggests he's the loser in any way, shape, or form.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I like how when talking about Palmer all you have is excuses. Horrible organization, this, that and the other. But when talking about Dalton you don't mention any of this. All Dalton has done is overachieve and lead this team the playoffs as a rookie, improve basically every possible stat, with no #2 WR, no running game, a bad OL, and a crappy D. He has improved in his second year as he should, yet you are still not satisfied. Matt Ryan didn't really become a really good QB until his 5th year, but he improved a little each year. Does Dalton have some thing's to work on? Sure. Is their reasons to be optimistic about him beig our QB for the next 10 years? Absolutely. I'd rather have him than probably 2/3 the QBs in this league. I don't understand all the hate on Dalton. He is just in his 2nd year and he is playing damn good. Get Sanu, Jones and Hawkins in the gameplay more, get an actual NFL RB, and a better O-Line and I see no reason he won't be a top 8-12 QB.

If you'd like to discuss this in a thread not designated to Carson, I'd be glad to.

But for a quick note, Dalton has plenty of things working against him being in Cincinnati. Would he have a better chance of turning into a decent QB outside of Cincinnati, absolutely. But given he has Green who is better than Chad ever was and Gruden who is better than Brat in every aspect of the game, he has more going for him here than Carson ever did.

Lastly, I've never blamed the organization for whatever Carson did here. Ever. Nor would I for Dalton. Sure, I would factor in certain elements when comparing him to other QBs or what he could be/do (as I just said about Dalton), but I wouldn't nor have I ever used the organization as an excuse for poor play. Quit lying.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Darren McFadden had not this strange inability to adjust to the offensive scheme, people would be talking about how great Carson is doing this year. just to be fair.