• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They have too many guys that don't have good hands - and DHB tops the list with their rookie seeming to not be too far behind. It's a recipe for stalled drives and a mediocre offense.

DHB isnt the most natural or fluid looking WR in the leauge. But I think his speed/size ratio makes him servicable though.

Moore flashed serious potential. he gets behind defenses and has great ball skills. i dont really know enough about the players other than Ford to have an opinion.

since the thread is about Palmer I'll say his arm looked good. I thought it looked good last yr too. maybe it needed time to heal after the elbow ligament tear, because it seems like some of the pre-injury zip is back on his fastball.

not sure if it was the WCO or the WR situation, but he was definatley throwing too many passes underneath. it's going to get McFadden killed by week 5

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I saw the same thing last season. He looks good. But it is still early.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer was, again, atrocious today. 73 rating. 24 incomplete passes, 50% Completion %, missed wide open WRs all afternoon, and they got trounced by the Dolphins.

He has had a rating in the 70s' or way lower in 17 of his last 27 games. So, basically, in well over half of his starts...He is terrible.

Ban this fucking idiot again, please.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I see a very high 2nd round pick for us. Oakland's switch back to the zone blocking scheme has killed McFadden and as a result my fantasy team.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a very high 2nd round pick for us. Oakland's switch back to the zone blocking scheme has killed McFadden and as a result my fantasy team.

Yep. Oakland looks to be a team in transition. I'm sticking with my prediction that Palmer won't be the quarterback all year and will probably be looking for work soon.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's a possibility, but imo, if there has been any positive on offense to this point, it's been Carson, all things considered. I just don't see why they'd give him the boot, unless of course they draft Barkley.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a possibility, but imo, if there has been any positive on offense to this point, it's been Carson, all things considered. I just don't see why they'd give him the boot, unless of course they draft Barkley.

I agree. Palmer has been the least of their concerns.... But new coaches and new GMs always want their guys.... Thirty something quarterbacks on 4-12 teams generally aren't invited back.

Barkley is an interesting idea.... Though, I think we're finding out how hard his job is with a shaky line down at SC.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be very surprised if Pryor doesn't start at least 1 game this year to see what he has.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McFadden was cursed the moment he became my keeper in our fantasy league.

It's actually pretty amazing. The OC they hired this season was the same OC they had McFadden's rookie season when he struggled in the zone blocking scheme. In comes Hue Jackson who asks McFadden what he wants to run and they switch to the power blocking scheme in which McFadden flourishes the next 2 years. Then they hire the same guy back and switch it back to the zbs.

You would think a new regime comes in and at the least they'd want to maintain the team's greatest strength, otherwise you set yourself up for even greater failure. In 2 games he has 44 rushing yards total on 1.7 ypc. Today the entire team had 16 total rushing yards + 7 on Carson scrambles.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree. Palmer has been the least of their concerns.... But new coaches and new GMs always want their guys.... Thirty something quarterbacks on 4-12 teams generally aren't invited back.

Barkley is an interesting idea.... Though, I think we're finding out how hard his job is with a shaky line down at SC.

The major issue is his cap hit. unless there's a dramatic turn-around I would say it's his last yr in Oakland as well.

I saw bits and pieces of the game and their offense looked terrible. Palmer's accuracy was off. He was throwing high (think the bad Bengals days). Since he's a pure pocket passer he can't afford to miss open guys. He doesn't have the playmaking skills to make up for it later.

I'll actually give their defense a mulligan. 28 of the 35 pts were in the second half. opposing teams get worn out playing in south Fla this time of the yr.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It's actually pretty amazing. The OC they hired this season was the same OC they had McFadden's rookie season when he struggled in the zone blocking scheme. In comes Hue Jackson who asks McFadden what he wants to run and they switch to the power blocking scheme in which McFadden flourishes the next 2 years. Then they hire the same guy back and switch it back to the zbs.

You would think a new regime comes in and at the least they'd want to maintain the team's greatest strength, otherwise you set yourself up for even greater failure. In 2 games he has 44 rushing yards total on 1.7 ypc. Today the entire team had 16 total rushing yards + 7 on Carson scrambles.

the only rushing play they run is the off tackle stretch play. opposing defenses have it sniffed out. their OC has to swallow his pride and run some power run plays.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The major issue is his cap hit. unless there's a dramatic turn-around I would say it's his last yr in Oakland as well.

I saw bits and pieces of the game and their offense looked terrible. Palmer's accuracy was off. He was throwing high (think the bad Bengals days). Since he's a pure pocket passer he can't afford to miss open guys. He doesn't have the playmaking skills to make up for it later.

I'll actually give their defense a mulligan. 28 of the 35 pts were in the second half. opposing teams get worn out playing in south Fla this time of the yr.

Of course they were. The man has tendinitis in his elbow. Monday night they had him throw 46 passes and then followed that up with 48 pass attempts 6 days later.

Watching their offense, it is clear cut built to run the ball. All the passing plays they attempt including routes run are meant to compliment a solid running game in a ball control offense. When you take that running game away to the tune of 25 ypg and 1.7 ypg, it's an offense that is going to stall, over and over. Combine that with their average starting field at the 19.5 yard line (worst in the NFL) and it's going to be a disaster.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 INT already. How many you think Pitt gets?

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If McFadden has success, that's probably the only 1. With the WCO, Carson has been good up to this point at taking care of the ball.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what a clutch performance by Palmer...

beast!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great drive there at the end. Carson was throwing darts. Are we sure Dick LeBeau is still alive? Palmer seemed quite comfortable back there in the pocket.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. He looked fantastic. Can he be consistent now?