• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously it wasn't his best day, but it wasn't bad either. He threw 2 bad passes. He didn't throw any "Carson balls" into triple coverage. He threw some away when he was pressured, which was all night, and missed a few. Great? obviously not. Terrible? No. I'm much more concerned with Whitworth than Dalton.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not that I disagree with all of that, but ironic how "excuses" work for some players, but not others.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No excuses, just watched the game. As far as bad decisions, there were none, which is my problem with Carson. dalton did have a couple of bad throws. The overthrow of Green took away a huge gain.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these little videos supposed to prove something?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Palmer looked sharp. Of course having an 'all-pro' quarterback throw 13 times to a running back suggests your offense really isn't interested in stretching the field...... Nobody to stretch the field with. I think the Raiders are limited on offense and I don't think that's going to change.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Palmer looked sharp. Of course having an 'all-pro' quarterback throw 13 times to a running back suggests your offense really isn't interested in stretching the field...... Nobody to stretch the field with. I think the Raiders are limited on offense and I don't think that's going to change.

You do realize we had Jacoby Ford And Denarius Moore sidelined for that game right, 2 of the receivers were just brought in the week before the game. I Hate Carson too, but give him credit, he was savvy enough to know McFadden was his only chance, plus that putting the ball in McFaddens Hands Hightens your chances for a big play, Chargers did a pretty good Job all night keeping everything in front them. But yea you can Have Palmer back..He's about as mobile as a Paraplegic on Crack..

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are these little videos supposed to prove something?

I didn't create this thread. However, several people wanted this thread so they could criticize Carson as they saw fit. I'm simply providing them an avenue to at least objectively criticize him instead of simply looking at the stat sheet and saying he sucks.

I'll be posting the videos as long as they're available, whether he has a good game or bad. So, no, not trying to prove anything.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You do realize we had Jacoby Ford And Denarius Moore sidelined for that game right, 2 of the receivers were just brought in the week before the game. I Hate Carson too, but give him credit, he was savvy enough to know McFadden was his only chance, plus that putting the ball in McFaddens Hands Hightens your chances for a big play, Chargers did a pretty good Job all night keeping everything in front them. But yea you can Have Palmer back..He's about as mobile as a Paraplegic on Crack..

Ford may be done for the season and considering he's a slow healer, after this surgery, he probably will be.

Allen was smart in holding out Moore despite being ready to go. Hamstrings can linger, giving him another week just because there are "15 more weeks" showed he can take the emotion out of the game and remain objective.

That said, I watched the entire game and their game plan was horrible. You can't spend the vast majority of the game focusing on a single player, no matter how dynamic he is. The Chargers caught on real fast, adjusted by the 3rd quarter, and the offense came to a halt throughout the entire 3rd quarter.

Furthermore, in the first half they threw 1 deep pass, but 6 in the 2nd half when they were down multiple scores. That's a failing game plan and one that will get an injury prone RB injured even faster.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ford may be done for the season and considering he's a slow healer, after this surgery, he probably will be.

Allen was smart in holding out Moore despite being ready to go. Hamstrings can linger, giving him another week just because there are "15 more weeks" showed he can take the emotion out of the game and remain objective.

That said, I watched the entire game and their game plan was horrible. You can't spend the vast majority of the game focusing on a single player, no matter how dynamic he is. The Chargers caught on real fast, adjusted by the 3rd quarter, and the offense came to a halt throughout the entire 3rd quarter.

Furthermore, in the first half they threw 1 deep pass, but 6 in the 2nd half when they were down multiple scores. That's a failing game plan and one that will get an injury prone RB injured even faster

Oh I agree, But that being said, I don't think there was a lot of trust in the receiving core, especially after that Fumble. Yea it was a fucked game plan from the start, but getting other targets back will help..

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course I realize that.... That's why I said you were limited. I also don't expect that your key offensive playmakers will be able to stay healthy. Heck, McFadden is due for his annual injury any week now.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh I agree, But that being said, I don't think there was a lot of trust in the receiving core, especially after that Fumble. Yea it was a fucked game plan from the start, but getting other targets back will help..

Oh, and before I give your coach too much credit, he failed his first real test as a HC.

You lose your probowl long snapper, don't have a backup (as most teams don't), and the 1 guy you do have hasn't taken a snap as a long snapper since high school. 4th and 2 at SD's 49 yard line, how do you not go for it? Go figure the long snapper muffs the snap. The coach continues with the conservative game plan instead of opening it up and the long snapper goes on to muff 2 more points.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and before I give your coach too much credit, he failed his first real test as a HC.

You lose your probowl long snapper, don't have a backup (as most teams don't), and the 1 guy you do have hasn't taken a snap as a long snapper since high school. 4th and 2 at SD's 49 yard line, how do you not go for it? Go figure the long snapper muffs the snap. The coach continues with the conservative game plan instead of opening it up and the long snapper goes on to muff 2 more points.

If think they initally had their offensive personel on the field to go for it on 4th down and only decided to punt after being flagged for too many men in the huddle.

The situation with the long snapper was pretty awful. It's not as though they're relying on a WR to play emergency QB. every team should have a 2nd player on the roster who can snap the ball. either the guy choked or the team was under prepared.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If think they initally had their offensive personel on the field to go for it on 4th down and only decided to punt after being flagged for too many men in the huddle.

The situation with the long snapper was pretty awful. It's not as though they're relying on a WR to play emergency QB. every team should have a 2nd player on the roster who can snap the ball. either the guy choked or the team was under prepared.

I know that some punters want the laces to face a certain way when the ball gets snapped to them, but you would figure that if a center can snap it in the shotgun, then he can snap it a little harder for a punt, players long snap in high school every Friday, so... yea, that is odd.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You'd figure there would be one or two guys on your roster that snapped in high school. You'd also figure that in training camp you might have them practice snapping once or twice so these things wouldn't occur. I mean, coaches have back-up plans for returners right? It's not like they send a guy back to field a punt that hasn't done it since high school.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You'd figure there would be one or two guys on your roster that snapped in high school. You'd also figure that in training camp you might have them practice snapping once or twice so these things wouldn't occur. I mean, coaches have back-up plans for returners right? It's not like they send a guy back to field a punt that hasn't done it since high school.

Yea, I figure a couple guys on any NFL roster have some type of a knack for it. from there it would just take a 10-15 minute session every week to keep the skill sharp enough to perform in case of emergency.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Moore isn't Calvin Johnson, but imo he's definatley the best WR on their roster.

when he comes back it should have a trickle down effect on the WR corps. Moore's a resonable #1 option. DHB can be the other starter. Streeter (an undrafted rookie who had 19 catches at Temple last yr) goes from starter to the slot. Hagan (guy signed off the street last week) goes from being the third player in three WR sets to the bench. etc..

I hope he's back soon. I have him on my fantasy team. the fact he couldnt play week one because of a four month old hamstring injury has me worried.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore isn't Calvin Johnson, but imo he's definatley the best WR on their roster.

when he comes back it should have a trickle down effect on the WR corps. Moore's a resonable #1 option. DHB can be the other starter. Streeter (an undrafted rookie who had 19 catches at Temple last yr) goes from starter to the slot. Hagan (guy signed off the street last week) goes from being the third player in three WR sets to the bench. etc..

I hope he's back soon. I have him on my fantasy team. the fact he couldnt play week one because of a four month old hamstring injury has me worried.

I think Moore is the real deal if he can make it to the field. The guy didn't have too much production in college and he has already missed time in the first two years of his NFL career. It has to make you question his durability/consistency. It just seems like they would have a good offense if a lot of things went right -- But a lot of those things don't always seem likely.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They have too many guys that don't have good hands - and DHB tops the list with their rookie seeming to not be too far behind. It's a recipe for stalled drives and a mediocre offense.