• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting..... When Palmer first demanded to be traded I had hoped that he would spill the beans about Brown.... Tell everyone what we already suspected -- He's a shitty owner and it has an impact on the players. Of course, players can't really do this during their playing days because they risk future emplyment/endorsement options. I honestly think he had plenty of good reasons to want to get out of the situation. The only problem I had with him all along was that he knew who Brown was well before he signed his extension in 2005. Maybe he thought Brown would change. Hard to know why he would believe it though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also makes me wonder what went on behind the scenes.... Palmer was already holding one of the richest contracts in the NFL while with the Bengals, so personal finances shouldn't have caused a problem with him and Brown (though some suggested that Brown was asking him to restructure - which I find unlikely). Were there personnel or coaching issues that Palmer disagreed with? Was he just tired about free soap/gatorarde like J-Joe?

While most of us hate Mike Brown, I'd love to know some of the inside things that cause this sort of reaction.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Interesting..... When Palmer first demanded to be traded I had hoped that he would spill the beans about Brown.... Tell everyone what we already suspected -- He's a shitty owner and it has an impact on the players. Of course, players can't really do this during their playing days because they risk future emplyment/endorsement options. I honestly think he had plenty of good reasons to want to get out of the situation. The only problem I had with him all along was that he knew who Brown was well before he signed his extension in 2005. Maybe he thought Brown would change. Hard to know why he would believe it though.

I was shocked Palmer admitted that MB was the issue, because it rasies the obvious question "what's your issue with Mike Brown?" He'll now be geting questions about that when he has his press call with the Cincinnati media before the Raiders game.

I see your point about 2005. It suprised me that someone like Boomer wouldn't have warned him about signing the extension. I'm sure the tens of millions of dollar were a factor in it as well. but I could easily see everything changing in 5 yrs.

He did ask for the trade over 5 yrs later. so many things could have happened.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for my "it was Marvin" theory.......the timing of his demand, just after Marvin signed his extension, made me think Marvin was the problem.....still must wonder though......I don't have to like a guy at all to be willing to work for him for $150 mil.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The obsessed fans who used his front lawn as a bathroom and garbage dump probably didn't help matters, lol.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought I may have heard that he did have many conversations with Boomer prior to signing his extension. This was also part of the reason that he had Brown promise him a bunch of things (including a bubble) - none of which came to fruition - prior to signing that extension.

But you also have to see here that he is somewhat playing both hands here. On one hand he's saying he thought it was just time to move on from the team. They had a lot of talent and their recipe with him as QB just didn't work. But then on the other hand he's saying he wanted out because of Brown. Of course it could be some of both, but I think the former has mostly been an excuse for him from the beginning. And based on the article, he also progresses from the former and then seems like he just gave in to telling the latter, the truth. That said, it would be nice to know exactly what questions were asked and in what order his responses came in to put proper context to it.

Futball is correct though, he just put himself in trouble with the media for when he comes to Cincinnati.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I may have heard that he did have many conversations with Boomer prior to signing his extension. This was also part of the reason that he had Brown promise him a bunch of things (including a bubble) - none of which came to fruition - prior to signing that extension.

But you also have to see here that he is somewhat playing both hands here. On one hand he's saying he thought it was just time to move on from the team. They had a lot of talent and their recipe with him as QB just didn't work. But then on the other hand he's saying he wanted out because of Brown. Of course it could be some of both, but I think the former has mostly been an excuse for him from the beginning. And based on the article, he also progresses from the former and then seems like he just gave in to telling the latter, the truth. That said, it would be nice to know exactly what questions were asked and in what order his responses came in to put proper context to it.

Futball is correct though, he just put himself in trouble with the media for when he comes to Cincinnati.

I think you're right. The first 'reason' seems implausible. How many times do you hear a player say that he thought a team was really talented and it was simply time for them to move to another team? It just doesn't make as much sense as him having a problem with the owner.

Maybe one day when he's out of football we'll get the real story. I'm pretty sure he'll shut down any questions about Brown for the rest of the season.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it doesn't really bother people that much, Boomer came back for a season after all.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there is 2 more picks for Palmer.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The first was on a middle screen pass with his RB getting mugged. half on Palmer for not throwing the ball away, the other half is on the replacement officals for missing an obvious call..

the other one was a perfect strike to a wide open Eddie McGee 30 yds downfield. the WR decided to bat the ball in the air to a LB who wasn't even in the play.. it wasnt even in traffic...

he was throwing the ball exceptionally well again..

17/26 for 181 in a half.

when they get Moore back that's a dangerous offense..

all opinion though

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The deep ball to DHB should have been picked off too. It was a poorly thrown ball. It was underthrown but the CB never turned his head and looked for it. Palmer will be what he is. Put up some big yardage numbers, decent completion %. about 20 TD and 20-25 INT's.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The deep ball to DHB should have been picked off too. It was a poorly thrown ball. It was underthrown but the CB never turned his head and looked for it. Palmer will be what he is. Put up some big yardage numbers, decent completion %. about 20 TD and 20-25 INT's.

He lobbed a ball up to a big WR who came down with the ball...

you're reaching here. it was a 45 yd gain

we'll see how he does though.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first was on a middle screen pass with his RB getting mugged. half on Palmer for not throwing the ball away, the other half is on the replacement officals for missing an obvious call..

the other one was a perfect strike to a wide open Eddie McGee 30 yds downfield. the WR decided to bat the ball in the air to a LB who wasn't even in the play.. it wasnt even in traffic...

17/26 for 181 in a half.

all opinion though

Even if he is throwing well (which was definitely the case last time out), he still plays for the Raiders. If his receivers continue to make mistakes he will throw a boatload of interceptions.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

17/26 for 181 in a half.

all opinion though

1) I don't think the RB makes that reception even if he isn't held. The d-lineman made a great play on the ball knocking it up in the air and snatching it. It was either a poorly designed play, or the backup center did not execute it well enough with pressure coming right from the onset up the middle. But with that kind of pressure and having to throw off the back foot, the best play would have been to eat the sack, though hindsight is 20/20. Nonetheless, agreed that it should have been a flag.

2) I wouldn't call it a "perfect" strike, but the ball was thrown well enough that the receiver made the catch and then just dropped it (or had it poked away). A "perfect" strike and the ball hits the receiver in the numbers or close enough so the ball isn't out in the open to be knocked away.

They have nice pieces on offense, but it doesn't mean much when those pieces are always injured. They have also moved the ball very well, but need to get better finding the endzone.

Last edited by a moderator:

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1) I don't think the RB makes that reception even if he isn't held. The d-lineman made a great play on the ball knocking it up in the air and snatching it. It was either a poorly designed play, or the backup center did not execute it well enough with pressure coming right from the onset up the middle. But with that kind of pressure and having to throw off the back foot, the best play would have been to eat the sack, though hindsight is 20/20. Nonetheless, agreed that it should have been a flag.

2) I wouldn't call it a "perfect" strike, but the ball was thrown well enough that the receiver made the catch and then just dropped it (or had it poked away). A "perfect" strike and the ball hits the receiver in the numbers or close enough so the ball isn't out in the open to be knocked away.

They have nice pieces on offense, but it doesn't mean much when those pieces are always injured.

1. I agree with everything you said here. it was still an obvious penatly that throws off the entire timing of the play though.

2. I'll have to watch the play again because you usually offer good analysis. I thought he led his WR which is where you want that pass to be.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just watched it again and it was a pretty good pass. In a place only his receiver could make a play on the ball and out of the way of getting drilled. The receiver simply lost the ball after a defender running by grabbed his hip. "Drop".

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I do have to give credit to the OC. He seems to be adjusting. I don't recall them running a single bootleg this game with Carson. To run the bootleg effectively, you have to be able to sell the play action fake very well, and that's something Carson has never been good at.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor looked really good tonight. If given a system like Newton was, I think this kid can really play.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pryor looked really good tonight. If given a system like Newton was, I think this kid can really play.

I didn't see tonight's game (watching NO/Hou now), but he's a freak of nature athlete. I was suprised at how well his mobility carried over to the NFL level, even if it's against backups. he still has everyone on the field outclassed, just like college. his passing skills are really, really raw though. better than Tebow, but not sure if they were on the level of even a Vince Young.. while he develops as a passer he'd be pretty great as a wildcat QB.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see tonight's game (watching NO/Hou now), but he's a freak of nature athlete. I was suprised at how well his mobility carried over to the NFL level, even if it's against backups. he still has everyone on the field outclassed, just like college. his passing skills are really, really raw though. better than Tebow, but not sure if they were on the level of even a Vince Young.. while he develops as a passer he'd be pretty great as a wildcat QB.

watch the highlights, he was freaking amazing. Palmer is done. *yea, I know, not officially, but the fat lady is warming up*