• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Even if you hate Palmer, I don't see how you can take Sanchize over anyone. I would take most of the back ups in the league over Sanchize.

Sanchez has had success in the playoffs. Matter of fact he outplayed Palmer as a rookie and won in Cinci during the WC game. He's also more mobile. I believe he has gotten statistically better each year with the exception of throwing more INT's last year. I'd still say he takes better care of the ball than Palmer. They're both bottom tier QB's in a passing league...but I'd take Sanchez.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFadden healthy? Is there really any chance at that?

Lol, there's always that chance. Would be nice to see what kind of numbers he can put up if he does play the whole season..As long as Payton manning doesn't finish the season either I will be happy!:crutch:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sanchez has had success in the playoffs. Matter of fact he outplayed Palmer as a rookie and won in Cinci during the WC game. He's also more mobile. I believe he has gotten statistically better each year with the exception of throwing more INT's last year. I'd still say he takes better care of the ball than Palmer. They're both bottom tier QB's in a passing league...but I'd take Sanchez.

And then there's people who have actually seen him play.

It's not difficult to get better statistically when you're working from crap the year before.

Flacco has had tons of success in the playoffs. Tons.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd take Flacco over Palmer and Sanchez in a heartbeat. Yeah, I've definitely seen more of Palmer than I have of Sanchez and in that regard the more unknown is more appealing. However, I think they're both bottom tier QB's at this point...but Sanchez at least is at a point in his career where he could feasibly improve. Palmer has been regressing for years and figures to continue to do so. His INT's are very disconcerting when you figure in his arm problems and his struggles with confidence.

I just looked at Sanchez's #'s from last year...3464, 26 TDs and 18 INTS. Sounds like he had a Palmer-esque season...

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd take Flacco over Palmer and Sanchez in a heartbeat. Yeah, I've definitely seen more of Palmer than I have of Sanchez and in that regard the more unknown is more appealing. However, I think they're both bottom tier QB's at this point...but Sanchez at least is at a point in his career where he could feasibly improve. Palmer has been regressing for years and figures to continue to do so. His INT's are very disconcerting when you figure in his arm problems and his struggles with confidence.

I just looked at Sanchez's #'s from last year...3464, 26 TDs and 18 INTS. Sounds like he had a Palmer-esque season...

When you factor in ypa and ypc, Sanchez's numbers are even worse.

The "regression" is mostly a figment of most peoples' imagination. Is he 2005 form? Not even close. Has he been consistently regressing? No. He's right about where he was 3-4 years ago.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you factor in ypa and ypc, Sanchez's numbers are even worse.

The "regression" is mostly a figment of most peoples' imagination. Is he 2005 form? Not even close. Has he been consistently regressing? No. He's right about where he was 3-4 years ago.

It's reasonable to say he's the same guy as he was 3-4 years ago.... But the guy he was in 2008/2009 was probably not worth a 1st and 2nd rounder.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some really nice throws in that game. Unfortunately his receivers don't seem to help him out all the time (he had a great throw on what should have been a touchdown). He also had some really bad passes.

Which is exactly who he is now.....unfortunately the really bad passes have a worse effect on the game than his really nice throws' positive effect.....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had some really nice throws in that game. Unfortunately his receivers don't seem to help him out all the time (he had a great throw on what should have been a touchdown). He also had some really bad passes.

Which is exactly who he is now.....unfortunately the really bad passes have a worse effect on the game than his really nice throws' positive effect.....

I thought his first two throws were horrible. I thought the rest of his passes were right on the money. But his receivers suck - And they won't stop sucking.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really needed a sticky for this?

ugh

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
His throws looked pretty good. That TD pass was one of the more awkward throws that I've ever seen. The INT was horrible and 5 yards from one of his signature pick 6s'. The first two out routes I could see DBs taking to the house. I think his biggest issue will be the mental part of the game. Clearly, he is still a pansy in the pocket and the pass rush gets in his head. He will not hang in for that extra second. Maybe he's just being smart bc it's the preseason...maybe not. I'd also say that he is a mentally fragile QB. Of course its totally speculation on my part, but he seems to really let his mistakes snowball instead of bouncing back. If he gets protection and can find his groove I could see him having a pretty good year

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought his first two throws were horrible. I thought the rest of his passes were right on the money. But his receivers suck - And they won't stop sucking.

one of his best throws was a dropped TD pass by (I think) DHB.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really needed a sticky for this?

ugh

I actually thought the rationale was good..... Two different regulars suggested that it would be lame if we needed a new post for every Palmer interception (that would probably require close to 20 posts this season). :caked:

Besides, this has the potential for high comedy if Palmer shocks many of us and has a big year.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The interception would have been an awkward reception. With a safety over top, the right play would have been to look elsewhere or check it down. He has a very athletic #1 TE who may have reeled it in, but Carson has to be aware of who's on the field. Poor decision that we've become accustomed to seeing.

His #1 and #3 receivers are out again for who knows how long. His #2 in Heyward-Bey has rocks for hands, and the other 2 are 5th round and undrafted rookies. Those 3 alone likely won't cut it. Chad Johnson, anyone?

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We'll be talking about Palmer all year. Bengals fans will always be mindful of his performance. The sticky is a good idea...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jilted lovers....

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually thought the rationale was good..... Two different regulars suggested that it would be lame if we needed a new post for every Palmer interception (that would probably require close to 20 posts this season). :caked:

Besides, this has the potential for high comedy if Palmer shocks many of us and has a big year.

Agreed.....:ss:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Carson Palmer back in Cincinnati to QB the Bengals? I'm just confused why fans of the Bengals are whining about him?