• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Palmer Sucks

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm confused about why an Iowa fan is whining about Bengals fans whining about Carson Palmer on a Bengals board...I'd also say there is a difference between whining and discussing.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "discussion" is more like a 15 year old girl who continually talks about her ex-boyfriend though they've been broken up for a year, she has a new Boyfriend, and he has a new girlfriend.

It really is time to let it go.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused about why an Iowa fan is whining about Bengals fans whining about Carson Palmer on a Bengals board...I'd also say there is a difference between whining and discussing.

Alright, I'll discuss.

I like Carson Palmer. When he got drafted, the Bengals were one of the worst NFL teams in the NFL. In 2005, he took the Bengals to their first playoffs since 1990.

Chris Henry: marijuana charges, charged with pulling a gun on a group in Orlando, speeding and drunken driving, charged with providing alcohol to minors, over the course of several months in 4 different incidents over that time.
Frostee Rucker: charged with two counts of spousal abuse and vandalism (the alleged incident occurred prior to Cincinnati drafting him)
AJ Nicholson: charged with burglary; previously arrested twice on suspicion of alcohol-related offenses (the alleged incident occurred prior to Cincinnati drafting him)
Matthias Askew: subdued by a taser after refusing to move his allegedly illegally parked car (Askew was cut from the team during the preason games. He is currently seeking legal action against the officers responsible for his being tasered in a lawsuit worth $50 million after the charges were proven unfounded).
Reggie McNeal: Resisting arrest and drug possession.
Deltha O'Neal: DUI

Also, Carson Palmer rehabbed that season from an injury in previous NFL playoffs. Palmer for the longest time was the one holding the team together. I think Marvin Lewis for a while there did not do his job and Palmer did his best to do that job by getting on those that were still being stupid off the field. Palmer got there when the Bengals were what the Browns are today, and in just a few years had them in the Playoffs.

I do not consider him as an elite QB like Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, and Tom Brady. I would not say he sucks though. He was a good, and sometimes great QB, and he is now past his prime. He is now an old QB and is still pretty good. Being one of a few respectable people on the Bengals made me be a fan of him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Believe me, I'm very happy to have Dalton instead of Palmer...but as a Bengals fan of course I'm going to pay attention to how Palmer is doing. Seeing that the whole purpose of this board is to talk about sports I really dont see why some people have an issue with Palmer being discussed. He was the face of this franchise for years. Of course I'm going to pay attention. Cincyfan, you telling me you were not the least bit interested in how Palmer did with the Raiders last year? Did you watch his debut? I'd think as a general NFL fan people are interested in seeing what Palmer has left.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Alright, I'll discuss.

I like Carson Palmer. When he got drafted, the Bengals were one of the worst NFL teams in the NFL. In 2005, he took the Bengals to their first playoffs since 1990.

Chris Henry: marijuana charges, charged with pulling a gun on a group in Orlando, speeding and drunken driving, charged with providing alcohol to minors, over the course of several months in 4 different incidents over that time.
Frostee Rucker: charged with two counts of spousal abuse and vandalism (the alleged incident occurred prior to Cincinnati drafting him)
AJ Nicholson: charged with burglary; previously arrested twice on suspicion of alcohol-related offenses (the alleged incident occurred prior to Cincinnati drafting him)
Matthias Askew: subdued by a taser after refusing to move his allegedly illegally parked car (Askew was cut from the team during the preason games. He is currently seeking legal action against the officers responsible for his being tasered in a lawsuit worth $50 million after the charges were proven unfounded).
Reggie McNeal: Resisting arrest and drug possession.
Deltha O'Neal: DUI

Also, Carson Palmer rehabbed that season from an injury in previous NFL playoffs. Palmer for the longest time was the one holding the team together. I think Marvin Lewis for a while there did not do his job and Palmer did his best to do that job by getting on those that were still being stupid off the field. Palmer got there when the Bengals were what the Browns are today, and in just a few years had them in the Playoffs.

what's up with the 2006 rap sheet? What does that have to do with anything in 2012? Especially considering that many of those guys didnt even make the team. Please explain your logic.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, I'm very happy to have Dalton instead of Palmer...but as a Bengals fan of course I'm going to pay attention to how Palmer is doing. Seeing that the whole purpose of this board is to talk about sports I really dont see why some people have an issue with Palmer being discussed. He was the face of this franchise for years. Of course I'm going to pay attention. Cincyfan, you telling me you were not the least bit interested in how Palmer did with the Raiders last year? Did you watch his debut? I'd think as a general NFL fan people are interested in seeing what Palmer has left.

I can honestly say, that most of the discussion borders more on "HA ANOTHER INT" and "THAT'S THE PALMER WE KNOW AND LOVE" instead of real actual discussion.

Though, from time to time, there are actual discussion on his performance without the snarky retorts.

Also, I honestly don't remember if I watched his debut or not. If it happened to be the game on local TV that week (either Fox or CBS), chances are I flipped to it or watched some of it. If it wasn't, then I'm sure I caught the highlights. I did not, however, make sure to "catch" it. And I can honestly say that I have no cares in the world about how he does in Oakland (Unless I end up having to draft him in my Fantasy league).

I wish him well, hope he does well, and I leave it at that. I tend to focus more on the guys we actually have than the guys we don't (outside of Fantasy Football, of course). I mean, I"m not going to go around keeping tabs on Simpson, Shipley, Rucker, Fenene, Caldwell, Joseph just because at one time they were Bengals. Players come, and they go. Some leave by force, others by choice. Some happy, some mad. It's just how the sport goes. I guess I've never felt a need to continue following players after they leave for any specific purpose. Especially when most of that purpose, it seems, it to simply rag on the guy for every mistake he makes from there on out.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's up with the 2006 rap sheet? What does that have to do with anything in 2012? Especially considering that many of those guys didnt even make the team. Please explain your logic.

It seems like some of you Bengals fans want him to bad because Dalton might do what Palmer never could. Since he couldn't do it with an all-star receiving corp he had in Cincinnati, he won't be able to do it in Oakland.

Why I bring the prime of his career? That is what I think you guys are comparing him to. I think 2005 was the prime of his career and he took the Bengals to the playoffs the first time in 15 years. In 2006, I don't think Tom Brady would have done any better on that team. Obviously he not an elite QB anymore. He's well past his prime. But he is not going to be a Dante Culpepper with the Dolphins and be terrible.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh... he might be terrible. But I would chalk up the preseason to just that, its the preseason and teams experiment and play vanilla in the preseason. McFadden will lead the way and most likely Palmer will complete some passes and throw some ints, he'll be better than Culpepper and worse than Brady.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It seems like some of you Bengals fans want him to bad because Dalton might do what Palmer never could. Since he couldn't do it with an all-star receiving corp he had in Cincinnati, he won't be able to do it in Oakland.

Why I bring the prime of his career? That is what I think you guys are comparing him to. I think 2005 was the prime of his career and he took the Bengals to the playoffs the first time in 15 years. In 2006, I don't think Tom Brady would have done any better on that team. Obviously he not an elite QB anymore. He's well past his prime. But he is not going to be a Dante Culpepper with the Dolphins and be terrible.

He was awesome in 2005. An elite QB. That year was tough to swallow for Bengals fans bc there was no closure with him going down in the playoffs. With him playing so well who knows how far they could've gone. He was actually really good in 06 and 07. Then his career took a downturn. I think Brady could win in the playoffs on any team with decent talent. Same goes for Peyton Manning, Brees and Rodgers. We'll see with Manning this year I suppose.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief.... It's a freakin' message board. We used to spend time talking about ear wax.

As I said before (and Servo mentions here), Palmer was undeniably the face of this franchise for seven seasons. He was also easily the most famous and most popular athlete in Cincinnati for the better part of a decade. I would say that it's only quite natural that he would be followed. What makes the conversation focus on the negative is the way his career ended here (with trade demands).

I don't think rooting for a guy makes you obsessed and I don't think rooting against a guy makes you a jilted lover. It's just part of being a fan.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was awesome in 2005. An elite QB. That year was tough to swallow for Bengals fans bc there was no closure with him going down in the playoffs. With him playing so well who knows how far they could've gone. He was actually really good in 06 and 07. Then his career took a downturn. I think Brady could win in the playoffs on any team with decent talent. Same goes for Peyton Manning, Brees and Rodgers. We'll see with Manning this year I suppose.

With the Bengals, Palmer was in arguably the toughest division of the NFL. I would agree that 4 games vs Pitt's and Balt's defenses made it probably the toughest for a QB. I still say about this season as well.

With the Raiders, he faces AFC West defenses. I don't think SD's D is like it was 5 years ago. I don't the Denver's D will be that good. KC's D might be surprising, but they haven't really shown anything in recent years. He does face AFC North and NFC South, which have tough Ds in them. Jax and Mia shouldn't be that tough for him.

I expect him to be okay to good.

Servo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think Denver is the team to beat in the AFCW. If Peyton is truly back they're instantly a contender. SD could also be tough eventhough they are perennial under achievers. I still think Rivers is a great QB despite having a down year last year. So I think the Raiders finish 3rd in their division but who knows...the Chiefs get Jamal Charles back who is a difference maker when healthy and their D is pretty good. Granted I would take Palmer over Matt Cassel but that's not saying much.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't possibly care less about that fuckin guy.

Continue....

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought his first two throws were horrible. I thought the rest of his passes were right on the money. But his receivers suck - And they won't stop sucking.

Denarius Moore is their best WR and he's out with a hamstring injury. He's a Mike Wallace/Desean Jackson type deep-threat. He put up 600 yds and 5 TDs as a rookie missing 4 games with a QB change in the middle of the season. If healthy I'd bet on him putting up probowl type numbers this yr.

when you factor in McFadden and Reece (great pass catchers out of the backfield who'll split out wide on certain formations) it's a lot of talent.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denarius Moore is their best WR and he's out with a hamstring injury. He's a Mike Wallace/Desean Jackson type deep-threat. He put up 600 yds and 5 TDs as a rookie missing 4 games with a QB change in the middle of the season. If healthy I'd bet on him putting up probowl type numbers this yr.

when you factor in McFadden and Reece (great pass catchers out of the backfield who'll split out wide on certain formations) it's a lot of talent.

No denying the talent - But assuming a healthy McFadden is a big stretch. The kid has never been healthy for an extended period. As you mentioned, Moore is banged up and he'll have to prove that he can play for 16 games.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He also monitored Bengals games, saying: "Oh, yeah, I watched them. My feelings about wanting to leave had nothing to do with any player or any coach. It had nothing to do with anyone other than the guy running the organization. That was it. I cheered them on, rooted them on, while I was out. I loved playing with a lot of guys who were there. I rooted them on and liked seeing them do well."

Those are the strongest words to date about Brown.