• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try to catch up. If the defense would just hold on to a lead the Seahawks could be undefeated.

yes its true, however the offense cant get a first down either. we are paying our QB 22m per year its time our offense contributes more. our defense isnt elite anymore.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll be in position to draft OT, Taylor Decker, Ohio State if we keep this up... That dude is a beast... Great replacement for Okung...

i hate the idea of using a high draft pick just to replace a guy you let walk when you have so many other spots that need upgrades too. like the entire rest of the OL.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks Offense leaves Seahawks Defense on the field too much in the second halves and especially the 4th quarter of games.

Offense can't move the ball late. There were 4 or 5 straight 3 and outs by the Offense.

The O-line sucks.

This is not on the Defense totally, even though the defense can't cover the tight end.
Both TEs for Carolina were over 100 yards each.

Agreed! Offense gets one or two first downs, they ice the game. Defense is gased by the 4th and it showed again with another late game winning TD by the opponent.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate the idea of using a high draft pick just to replace a guy you let walk when you have so many other spots that need upgrades too. like the entire rest of the OL.

Uhm, the pick I suggested is for the OL...

Seahawk Sal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get to be online yesterday, but UGH! I think the only positive is, we get to get back on the horse Thursday and if we lose that one, perhaps our window has closed. Blame enough to go around, but I sure hope we come up with a new way to cover TE's by Thursday or we'll resurrect Vernon Davis's career.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes its true, however the offense cant get a first down either. we are paying our QB 22m per year its time our offense contributes more. our defense isnt elite anymore.
BULL SHIT :bs:

The last game you can argue that at least if the offense did something they would have won. It was still no less than 80% on the defense because they had a freaking 17 point lead.

But there is ZERO chance you hang this on the offense when you hand them a 2 score lead AT FREAKING HOME.

IT WAS A HOME GAME AND YOUR DEFENSE ENTIRELY FELL APART.... AGAIN!

You did hear the part where Earl was talking about that last play they blew right? Sherman jumped into the correct play call (cover 2 I believe) while the other 3 back there for some reason went into their base C3 which left that nice big hole in the middle of the secondary.

They played 80% cover 2 on the day. That's the defense you call when you don't trust your corner(s) to not get burned deep or when your LB's aren't able to cover the short to middle routes. All of the above were problems yesterday. KPL is no substitue for Wagner, and worse, it pulls KJ out of his normal slot to move over so you get two drops in play for the price of one.

You score 26 points in the NFL and have even a competent defense and you expect, no DEMAND to win at home. That defense not only wasn't elite, they didn't belong on that field. Carolina? Are you serious? That's a horrible offense that just came in and embarrassed the core of your team. With a worse receiving corp than even we have.

Dumpster
Fire

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this notion that we expect more from someone who just got a raise is ludicrous. We expect them to play as well as they did while they were playing for that contract and when they are young to keep working hard at growing.

Giving Wilson his 17-18m (It's not 22 a year!!!) doesn't magically turn him into Brady or Rodgers.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll is on the 'short list' of coaching candidates at USC

According to Dan Patrick of "The Dan Patrick Show," two sources "behind the scenes" at USC told him Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll was on the program's "short list" of coaching candidates and they thought he could be talked into returning to USC, where he coached for nine seasons and won two national championships

Wow now that would be nuts. I would be shocked if this were to ever happen. If Seattle keeps struggling though I could see him liking the idea of returning to college where he dominated year in and year out. I would say this only happens if Seattle just falls apart the rest of the season. I think we see Chip Kelly at USC before we would ever see Carroll there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking someone can be talked into taking a job and having them actually taking one are two different critters.

Pete has enough cache built up after two SB's to weather any storm this year. I could see them firing coaches under them, but he and RS are on solid ground. Carroll would have to want out of here to leave and I don't know if he has the desire to go back to all the recruiting and all the crap you have to go through with boosters unless he had to.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense used to be able to get stronger late in the game.
That's not happening now.

Did they even manage more than 1 first down in the 4th Qtr ?

Offensive line is pathetic.

Only 1 TD in their last 8 redzone appearances is a bit troubling as well....

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did hear the part where Earl was talking about that last play they blew right? Sherman jumped into the correct play call (cover 2 I believe) while the other 3 back there for some reason went into their base C3 which left that nice big hole in the middle of the secondary.

The thing I find interesting is they mentioned that they had gotten (2) different calls from the sidelines... They mentioned that this has happened more than once... Is this due to Kris Richard's inexperience as a DC? Who knows but he's 100% responsible for the communication... It's either a lack of preparation, lack of education or lack of communication... Possibly all 3 but Kris Richard could be finding himself in the hot seat rather quickly...

You score 26 points in the NFL and have even a competent defense and you expect, no DEMAND to win at home. That defense not only wasn't elite, they didn't belong on that field. Carolina? Are you serious? That's a horrible offense that just came in and embarrassed the core of your team. With a worse receiving corp than even we have.

Dumpster
Fire

In addition, this defense allowed (4) 80 yard drives at home... Inexcusable...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing I find interesting is they mentioned that they had gotten (2) different calls from the sidelines... They mentioned that this has happened more than once... Is this due to Kris Richard's inexperience as a DC? Who knows but he's 100% responsible for the communication... It's either a lack of preparation, lack of education or lack of communication... Possibly all 3 but Kris Richard could be finding himself in the hot seat rather quickly...
At some point it has to go back to being on Pete. He's a defensive guy and this is his defensive system. If KR is not getting it done in some fashion Carroll has to step in and help him out. If KR should be up in the booth and someone else down throwing signals then Pete needs to address that.

We can't be 1/3 of the way through the season and have such basic mistakes at home. Just can't.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point it has to go back to being on Pete. He's a defensive guy and this is his defensive system. If KR is not getting it done in some fashion Carroll has to step in and help him out. If KR should be up in the booth and someone else down throwing signals then Pete needs to address that.

We can't be 1/3 of the way through the season and have such basic mistakes at home. Just can't.

I think Pete is going to get more involved. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about what's been going on. He'll try to get KR up to speed, then go back to being the HC. Just IMO of course, just seems like KR wasn't quiet ready for the DC. Still think he's a good coach, but we all heard of the Peter Princple...right? Kind of feel that way about Cable as assistant coach while I'm on the subject. Still got hope for KR.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete is going to get more involved. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way about what's been going on. He'll try to get KR up to speed, then go back to being the HC. Just IMO of course, just seems like KR wasn't quiet ready for the DC. Still think he's a good coach, but we all heard of the Peter Princple...right? Kind of feel that way about Cable as assistant coach while I'm on the subject. Still got hope for KR.

What bothers me is the Richards has the blue prints that Quinn left behind. A couple years of tape of how the defense was rank 1st overall and he was part of it. So my question is why change it up and why hasn't he readjusted after the first 3 blown leads in the 4th?