• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Carolina Panthers @ Seattle Seahawks

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bothers me is the Richards has the blue prints that Quinn left behind. A couple years of tape of how the defense was rank 1st overall and he was part of it. So my question is why change it up and why hasn't he readjusted after the first 3 blown leads in the 4th?
Takes a more organization being a DC then being the secondary coach. Players getting different defense calls are example of lack of good communication due not poor organization IMO. KR just needs to get up to speed and I think Pete is going help him with that.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes a more organization being a DC then being the secondary coach. Players getting different defense calls are example of lack of good communication due not poor organization IMO. KR just needs to get up to speed and I think Pete is going help him with that.

If our DC came from outside the organization, then I would understand. KR is in house and yes it's a big step up from D backs coach but he should be close to on par with what Quinn did. Quinn took over a Gus Bradley D and turned them into a power house and he was in house as well.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If PC is only just now going to get involved after dropping 4 games, then what the hell has he been doing since the off season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KR been with Pete since 2008, he's been a heck of a secondary coach, you would think he would be fine as DC. IDK, maybe it's the fact that there are new assistant coaches that is contributing to the confusion. Ken Norton left to be DC for the Raiders, so he got replaced with a new hire (Barrows) and Tatupu. New CB coach in Chris Cash, new safeties coach in Andre Curtis, new DL coach in Board. Lots of new faces on that staff.

Don't really know what the actual problem is, most likely a combination of things, but all these new faces on the coaching may be part of the problem.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KR been with Pete since 2008, he's been a heck of a secondary coach, you would think he would be fine as DC. IDK, maybe it's the fact that there are new assistant coaches that is contributing to the confusion. Ken Norton left to be DC for the Raiders, so he got replaced with a new hire (Barrows) and Tatupu. New CB coach in Chris Cash, new safeties coach in Andre Curtis, new DL coach in Board. Lots of new faces on that staff.

Don't really know what the actual problem is, most likely a combination of things, but all these new faces on the coaching may be part of the problem.

That's just the price of success, from the players perspective you deal with the salary cap and won't be able to keep everyone. Same thing with the coaching staff, you succeed in one system and go onto better things. I believe that PC and JS can right this ship, 2.5 years of the SB window is way too small and I'm still in shock at how bad the team is playing right now.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we get it, Seattle sucks. Noted.

Now can we all move on?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Huards Weekly Chalk Talk regarding our redzone play and our inability to get a TD, while settling for a FQ in the 4th quarter...

Brock Huard's Chalk Talk: Russell Wilson, Seahawks miss red-zone scoring opportunity vs. Carolina

Also interesting is that Carroll finally calls out Wilson (in a nice way) today regarding his lack of patience in the pocket...

"There's some times in there where he takes off and runs and he makes some things happen and there's a couple times in every game that you go, 'Well, if you would have hung in here and stepped up here, you could have made this read and this throw.' That happens," Carroll said, "but that's part of the makeup right now. We just hope to minimize those. There's difficulties with playing this position that he's faced with, and he has to make the decisions and make the choices."

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock Huards Weekly Chalk Talk regarding our redzone play and our inability to get a TD, while settling for a FQ in the 4th quarter...

Brock Huard's Chalk Talk: Russell Wilson, Seahawks miss red-zone scoring opportunity vs. Carolina

Also interesting is that Carroll finally calls out Wilson (in a nice way) today regarding his lack of patience in the pocket...
Yup it's true that at times, you got to think he could of hung in the pocket and maybe make a throw. Can't help but think that will happen once the OLshows it can hold the pocket up on a more regular basis.