• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Beltran a HOFer??

Will Carlos Beltran make the HOF

• Yes

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Damn your milktastic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with others, just short of HOF but that doesn't mean he won't make it in. Puckett made it in as a 1st ballot and he wasn't a better player than Carlos. It's pretty messed up

Puckett is better than Beltran and he's an established World Champion player (twice) that spent his whole career with one team. The guy could hit anything.

Beltran is a mercenary that held on forever and finally got his ring through shady methods. Seriously, which one of the 7 teams that he played for should have their logo on his hat?

The only thing Beltran has on Puckett was power and longevity.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good player with a long career. I wouldn't vote for him personally, but Harold Baines is in, so Beltran probably gets in if he doesn't get Shoeless Joe'd.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And drawing walks
And stealing bases
And defense
And postseason numbers

Really, the only meaningful thing Puckett was better at was hitting for average...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Puckett is better than Beltran and he's an established World Champion player (twice) that spent his whole career with one team. The guy could hit anything.

Beltran is a mercenary that held on forever and finally got his ring through shady methods. Seriously, which one of the 7 teams that he played for should have their logo on his hat?

Puckett is a borderline HOF player. The fact he is a 1st ballot HOFr says everything we need to know about the baseball HOF...it's a joke. So that's why I wouldn't be surprised if Beltran makes, not a knock on him.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good player with a long career. I wouldn't vote for him personally, but Harold Baines is in, so Beltran probably gets in if he doesn't get Shoeless Joe'd.

What hurts Beltran's image was that he was a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of player.....If a guy's a B+ in everything, the perception of him might not be as positive as someone who was an A in one thing and C+ in everything else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And drawing walks
And stealing bases
And defense
And postseason numbers

Really, the only meaningful thing Puckett was better at was hitting for average...

Yep, Kirby had a .360 OBP while batting .318 LOL. He was a truly great hitter and nice defender but that's about it. Him being a WS champion and the fact it was the Twins had a lot to do with him getting into the HOF. 450 walks drawn in 1800 games...that is pitiful.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really see him getting in.

Which is fine with me.
They should create a Baseball Hall of Good Players that would be recognized for what they contributed
That being said he is more of Hall of Mediocrity to me

Before I would vote, Id need to know if he is one of the many players that cheated in stealing signals. Any player that did that should be banned from for life from the Hall of Fame

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Milktastic?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should create a Baseball Hall of Good Players that would be recognized for what they contributed

Before I would vote, Id need to know if he is one of the many players that cheated in stealing signals. Any player that did that should be banned from for life from the Hall of Fame

Would it really matter? He played on the 2017 Astros team, he was 40 and had the worst season of his career...he was done. Now that would lower our opinion on him...but it's not like he had a breakout season that year at 40. He didn't play much in the playoffs.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hurts Beltran's image was that he was a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of player.....If a guy's a B+ in everything, the perception of him might not be as positive as someone who was an A in one thing and C+ in everything else.
He led the league in WAR once. Was hardly ever in top 10s in anything. He had three top-level seasons in '02, '06, and '11. Other than that, he was a really good piece. There's certainly worse players in the Hall, so I don't really care whether or not he gets in. Just wouldn't vote for him myself.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He led the league in WAR once. Was hardly ever in top 10s in anything. He had three top-level seasons in '02, '06, and '11. Other than that, he was a really good piece. There's certainly worse players in the Hall, so I don't really care whether or not he gets in. Just wouldn't vote for him myself.

His '01, '03, '04, '07 and '08 seasons were better than his '02 and '11 seasons, so that leaves us with more top notch seasons for him...

Depends on the criteria you're using, but if you want to say that a 5 bWAR season is top notch, Beltran had 6 of them. He had 2 other seasons with a 4+ bWAR

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would it really matter? He played on the 2017 Astros team, he was 40 and had the worst season of his career...he was done. Now that would lower our opinion on him...but it's not like he had a breakout season that year at 40. He didn't play much in the playoffs.
Well it would matter to me, because it means he cheated. The fact that he was a joke is irrelevant because it means he still systematically helped his team Cheat. I personally dont reward cheaters. It's ironic that this came up because I just had a contractor call me looking for work. An individual who I hired to do some major work in my house well over 12 to 14 years.

The problem, I made the mistake of paying him off early, he never finished the work, borrowed some money and never paid it back and did shitty work not to mention that he wasn't licensed or insured.

I politely told him I had no work for him and when he then asked me for a loan to get the tags for his Mercedes Benz, I politely said no. I should put this in the politics room as an example how liberals feel entitled

I felt like telling him to fuck off, but I didn't want trouble

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, Kirby had a .360 OBP while batting .318 LOL. He was a truly great hitter and nice defender but that's about it. Him being a WS champion and the fact it was the Twins had a lot to do with him getting into the HOF. 450 walks drawn in 1800 games...that is pitiful.
I'm not even sure I'd call Kirby "truly great" as a hitter. Great contact hitter, but his OBP was more good than great (despite the high averages, he never finished in the top 10 in his league in OBP) and there wasn't that much power. A 124 OPS+ is really good, but it only gets him in a tie for 270th with the likes of Hanley Ramirez, Bobby Murcer, Bobby Bonilla, Jose Bautista and Adam Dunn. He only had three seasons where he finished in the top 10 in the AL in OPS+, and his highest finish was 4th in 1986.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd High Five every guy that took part personally.

There's cheating, then there's being really really good at cheating.

No matter how good he was at cheating, he's a little short of HOF status, imo.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it would matter to me, because it means he cheated. The fact that he was a joke is irrelevant because it means he still systematically helped his team Cheat. I personally dont reward cheaters. It's ironic that this came up because I just had a contractor call me looking for work. An individual who I hired to do some major work in my house well over 12 to 14 years.

The problem, I made the mistake of paying him off early, he never finished the work, borrowed some money and never paid it back and did shitty work not to mention that he wasn't licensed or insured.

I politely told him I had no work for him and when he then asked me for a loan to get the tags for his Mercedes Benz, I politely said no. I should put this in the politics room as an example how liberals feel entitled

I felt like telling him to fuck off, but I didn't want trouble

Wow, I don't want to say you got taken for a ride, but how did you let that happen? Was he a friend or a family member?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I don't want to say you got taken for a ride, but how did you let that happen? Was he a friend or a family member?
Came highly recommended by my church, but i got enough out of him to move on without calling the state contractors license board on him , but i sure in the hell said no way jose when he called looking for work. If you do good work, you dont have to look for work, work finds yoi

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came highly recommended by my church, but i got enough out of him to move on without calling the state contractors license board on him , but i sure in the hell said no way jose when he called looking for work. If you do good work, you dont have to look for work, work finds yoi

Inb4 @Mannyrules says it's your own fault for partaking in the church and eating Jesus wafers...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inb4 @Mannyrules says it's your own fault for partaking in the church and eating Jesus wafers...
I take responsibility for my stupidity, and i i learned not to lend money to anyone again even if they are about to be homeless. I also learned to not pay them off before the work is done. i learned to not trust anyone and not to do business with family, friends or those recommended by friends

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No he’s a cheater. Mets *