• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards sign Ryan Lindley as backup QB

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this would happen. The reason Dixon was added to the practice squad over Lindley when Palmer was down with the nerve injury was because of the uncertainty of the injury & the fact that Lindley would have to be on the 53-man roster for 3 weeks. Now that we know Palmer is done for the year & a roster spot for a QB is open, adding Lindley for 3+ weeks makes sense.

I still don't want to either Thomas or Lindley in a game the remainder of the season. Okay, one of them can hold for XP/FG.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins you guys see now........... I'm praying we can manage 3 more wins this season.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many wins you guys see now........... I'm praying we can manage 3 more wins this season.

I'm hoping we take DET, ATL, KC and at least one of the divisional games... 4 is attainable, but 3 would be more likely if we dropped the DET game and it would be all we need to get a #1 or #2 seed.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Stanton can throw the deep ball, limit turnovers, and we can get our running game going will be fine!

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a power RB this year. Ellington is great but outside of him we are really limited on the ground. I think pass rushers are the priority, but outside of that OL and RB should both be high on the to-do list.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to draft a power RB this year. Ellington is great but outside of him we are really limited on the ground. I think pass rushers are the priority, but outside of that OL and RB should both be high on the to-do list.

Lots of good pass rushers this year especially that stud from UW. Maybe a MLB to? Also how much will Cro cost? My biggest concern coming into this off season.

Shaq Thompson, Scooby, lots of good MLBs in this draft! :suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really do need a power rb though... Taylor,Grice,etc are all 3rd string backs. I think Taylor and Grice will be good 2nd backs eventually anyone who watched them play in college knew they were good. Grice will be like a Chester Taylor maybe and Taylor will be just a good all around back. But we need a power runner!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh and a tight end maybe? Another guard? Not only building now but for the future!:yahoo:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is picking the Cards in this Detroit game which is exactly the way I like it. Keep underestimating this team. It will drive them to succeed.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grice is terrible. Agree they need to address a power back that is capable.

I have a funny feeling the Cards win this one. Stanton is a great backup. I think we can, unfortunately, count him to have 2-3 really off games that hurt them though (he is, after all, a backup).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grice is terrible. Agree they need to address a power back that is capable.

I have a funny feeling the Cards win this one. Stanton is a great backup. I think we can, unfortunately, count him to have 2-3 really off games that hurt them though (he is, after all, a backup).

Grice was good for the chargers in the pre season and was ASUs best player, he has gotten no opportunities......... I think he will be a chester taylor in prime, if you watched him at ASU you could see the similarities he will be a good back up one day. Always been a good run blocker, and he's still coming off a broken leg, but yea his ability to catch and run block I feel like he would fit this team but he's gotten no reps he looked promising for the Chargers in the pre season and ran all over our 2nd and 3rd stringers in that last game. I just like Grice not only cause he went to ASU but everything he went through with his brother being shot and just who he is as a person idk....

But Ridley will be available in the off season...... I know he fumbles but he's a freaking good back him and Ellington would be a good combo and with Belichek putting him in the dog house at the beginning of the year I don't see him resigning with the Patriots.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii: Did you watch Grice the few times he's played this year? He can't block. Maybe he was good in college, but he's been terrible the times he's been given. He's a liability out there unless he's getting the ball to run and even then he's nothing special.

Might be a bit harsh cuz he's a rookie, but give me Hughes, Taylor and Ellington any day and put Grice back on the practice squad where he belongs.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii: Did you watch Grice the few times he's played this year? He can't block. Maybe he was good in college, but he's been terrible the times he's been given. He's a liability out there unless he's getting the ball to run and even then he's nothing special.

Might be a bit harsh cuz he's a rookie, but give me Hughes, Taylor and Ellington any day and put Grice back on the practice squad where he belongs.

I go to every game and he had a nice pick up block vs the rams, he gets no reps how do u judge a player? Just give him a screen pass and he will show his vision, he was dynamite at that at asu and in pre season. Just give him some reps........

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rookie rbs take time to develop even Sankey and Carey have been unimpressive this year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Grice is the worse rb on this team but he doesn't suck he just hasn't has any chances...... He will be like a Chester Taylor.