• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Capt Kirk

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Kevin Sheehan on 980 today...

Rumor has it from reliable sources ( I know, put your CSI tin foil hats on :)) that depending on how the draft plays out, there are a few teams out there that would be interested in picking up KC for a 3 round draft pick.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per Kevin Sheehan on 980 today...

Rumor has it from reliable sources ( I know, put your CSI tin foil hats on :)) that depending on how the draft plays out, there are a few teams out there that would be interested in picking up KC for a 3 round draft pick.

UNless RG3 comes out an totally poops the sheets from day one of OTA's Kirk is never going to get a chance here. Better to deal him, keep McCoy as the backup and bring in a rookie as the #3 QB. Atleast we get something out of Kirk. Bonus would be that all the we need draft picks above all else would have something to keep them busy trying to figure out the next gem SM will find in the 3rd or 4th round for the pick we got. :)

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNless RG3 comes out an totally poops the sheets from day one of OTA's Kirk is never going to get a chance here. Better to deal him, keep McCoy as the backup and bring in a rookie as the #3 QB. Atleast we get something out of Kirk. Bonus would be that all the we need draft picks above all else would have something to keep them busy trying to figure out the next gem SM will find in the 3rd or 4th round for the pick we got. :)

Totally agree. I love Kirk, he is the nicest guy on Earth who is getting a raw deal. Virtually every young QB throws picks. But with that said I also believe that Cousins will be in that long line of QBs that are just good enough to retain the starting job but never good enough to make you consistent contenders. Those guys kill a franchise because they are forced to keep trotting the guy out there year after year. See Lions, Detroit.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to draft a QB in the mid rounds anyways don't believe we have the answer on the roster would give them a year to develop

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst draft to need a qb . i say take a shot at conner halliday and see if he can overcome some issue . you lose nothing if he fails

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
worst draft to need a qb . i say take a shot at conner halliday and see if he can overcome some issue . you lose nothing if he fails

I agree that it is a very bad draft for QB's and therefore not willing to take a chance on one this year. BTW: much consideration must be made regarding which team wants to trade for him. If it's N.E., Denver, N.O. S.D. I've got to squeeze more than a 3rd for him, because my thinking is that they see him as possible successor to their aging starters. Under no circumstance do we deal within the division. I'm good with a 3rd if almost anyone else.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cali you cracked me up with the new avatar. Reminds me it might be time to change mine soon

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say try to get more. A 3rd this year and 3-5th rounder in 2016 depending how well Cousins plays. I think he is worth it. I would love for KC to be our permanent backup but that wont ever happen so get something for him before he is gone. Depth Chart 1) RG3 2) McCoy 3) Grayson

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is the better QB. He proved it last year. I think he wins the starting QB job this year.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is the better QB. He proved it last year. I think he wins the starting QB job this year.
He proved it by getting benched?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proved it to me with the Eagles and Seahawks games. What was the purpose of benching Cousins last year? McCoy is not the future. Everyone forgets that Cousins needs game experience. He is the better pocket passer and somehow our oline woes weren't that bad when he was QB. I wonder why?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proved it to me with the Eagles and Seahawks games. What was the purpose of benching Cousins last year? McCoy is not the future. Everyone forgets that Cousins needs game experience. He is the better pocket passer and somehow our oline woes weren't that bad when he was QB. I wonder why?

Mainly because, like every other QB who fears for his health based on poor line play, poor blocking at the TE and RB positions, he got rid of the ball to preserve himself. Unfortunately for him and the team, getting rid of it too quickly also results in bad things happening.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big mistake to let Cousins go.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big mistake to let Cousins go.

I like kirk too, but it's become abundantly clear that Gruden has lost all confidence in him. That said, his future here is most likely connected to Gruden's tenure here.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like kirk too, but it's become abundantly clear that Gruden has lost all confidence in him. That said, his future here is most likely connected to Gruden's tenure here.
Who does Gruden have confidence in? I don't know if I would say that. I think he pulled him just like a manager in baseball pulls his ace when he can't keep the ball down that game. Sometimes you gotta just break the cycle and regroup. I think KC will get a shot this summer if he is still here. Maybe not an equal shot, but I think RG3 will be on a short leash. If he shows no improvement over the issues of holding onto the ball too long and not reading the defenses properly, I think you will see KC in there rather quickly.

Having said this, I do agree that if we can get a 3rd for KC before this year's draft, take it. Its probably the best we are going to get and he will be gone next year.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree, take a 3rd because he apparently has no future here. As for drafting a QB this year I'd pass. As you guys said it's simply not a good year to draft a QB. What do we have to lose by taking a flier on a mid round project? Well for starters we lose a mid round pick that could very well turn into a starter on the OL in a year or so. We give that up for a 1,000 to 1 chance that we find a franchise QB in round 5? Not for me.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only offer we have had for him was a 4th from the browns . i doubt he garners more

but i do believe he has potential to be a good starter for us if we give him time to throw and skill players to execute with

you dont need a great qb to win superbowls (it helps greatly ) but a guy who limits bad plays get us in the right plays to attack defenses and make an occasional play when needed can get the job done