• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Capitals vs. Rangers - Round 2

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps lost 3 games in a row (Gms. 2, 3, & 4) in 2008 against Philadelphia Flyers during 1st round
Caps lost 3 games in a row (Gms. 3, 4, & 5) in 2009 against Pittsburgh Penguins during 2nd round
Caps lost 3 games in a row (Gms. 5, 6, & 7) in 2010 against Montreal Canadiens during 1st round
Caps lost 4 games in a row (Gms. 1, 2, 3 & 4) in 2011 against Tampa Bay Lightning in 2nd round

I thought Yandle was a useless mess this whole series. Glass, Moore, Fast and St. Louis chose to not be physical when a good hit could have changed the offensive beating on Lundqvist. Not that St.L should be hitting everyone but it would be better then him just skating in circles till his shift change.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been my favourite series so far. The goal tending is perfection

Yeah, if someone were to create a montage of just the saves made this series, I would buy it on DVD.

When Hank had those three ridiculous ones, the ones where he ended with catching with his blocker (IT'S NOT A WAFFLEBOARD DOC!), I paused it, watched it three times and paused again and waited for my son to finish his shower to show him.

I mean, when a goalie is making stops like this, you have to just know you're not going to win.

Hayzeus Farking Crisp

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caps doing what Caps do.

Their fans have seen this movie a zillion times in the last 40 years.

I have never seen a franchise choke away more big series leads than Washington.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless of the outcome of Game 7, I just want to say that I was completely wrong regarding Holtby. He had a great season, and a great PO.

Holtby is NOT A SIEVE.

Although my brain resembles one some days.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if someone were to create a montage of just the saves made this series, I would buy it on DVD.

When Hank had those three ridiculous ones, the ones where he ended with catching with his blocker (IT'S NOT A WAFFLEBOARD DOC!), I paused it, watched it three times and paused again and waited for my son to finish his shower to show him.

I mean, when a goalie is making stops like this, you have to just know you're not going to win.

Hayzeus Farking Crisp

But if you listen to NY sports radio you hear plenty of "Ranger Fans" say Hank can't win the big one. As if he can shut out the other team every night. They've won 3 games in the playoffs this year scoring 1 goal in regulation and winning in OT. But if they lose Wednesday the calls will start again. Fucking morons probably don't even watch the games

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you listen to NY sports radio you hear plenty of "Ranger Fans" say Hank can't win the big one. As if he can shut out the other team every night. They've won 3 games in the playoffs this year scoring 1 goal in regulation and winning in OT. But if they lose Wednesday the calls will start again. Fucking morons probably don't even watch the games

The problem this year with the Rangers is that they aren't stretching the opponents' D out and as such their aren't creating high quality scoring chances. They create turnovers and slow down to set up. They couldn't get through the Pens D very well. The Caps are way better on D. And Holtby is head and shoulders above Fleury.

Hank has nothing to do with why the Rangers are having to fight tooth and nail. Except that he makes it possible.

If they had ANY other NHL goalie, they'd have been done in five against the Caps. No doubt.

I think I saw last night that Hank is now 7-2 in elimination games. If that's not "winning the big ones" I don't know what is.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem this year with the Rangers is that they aren't stretching the opponents' D out and as such their aren't creating high quality scoring chances. They create turnovers and slow down to set up. They couldn't get through the Pens D very well. The Caps are way better on D. And Holtby is head and shoulders above Fleury.

Hank has nothing to do with why the Rangers are having to fight tooth and nail. Except that he makes it possible.

If they had ANY other NHL goalie, they'd have been done in five against the Caps. No doubt.

I think I saw last night that Hank is now 7-2 in elimination games. If that's not "winning the big ones" I don't know what is.

That's the counter argument, the elimination games and the detractors say "Why are there so many elimination games". They're idiots.

Another issue with the Rangers is they miss wide open nets. Not that Holtby isn't playing great but this team really doesn't have snipers. Nash had 42 goals (30 in the first half of the year) and only Kreider and St Louis scored more than 20.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb and predicting that we're going see another game decided by a single goal...

:D

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going out on a limb and predicting that we're going see another game decided by a single goal...

:D

I'm also gonna throw one out there and predict excellent goal tending.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
poll within a thread .. in my best George Carlin voice ... Im gettin really sick of media screaming "karma" or "bulletin board material" after guarantees or "bold" predictions are made

as my bro once told me ... teams dont even have bulletin boards anymore ... unless you count white boards that usually have words of wisdom/motivation like " player X is a fag " (yes ... he once saw that - :L )

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sportsnet has gone all in with "BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL!!!"

after the 3rd period last night, they flashed that pregame quote from Kesler saying that "calgary hasnt won in our building in 20 years"

yes ... the flames were highly motivated by that :L

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love predictions. Last year, there was a report that Foligno said he was going to go out and score the OT winner against the Pens in game 4. He did. It got reported for a few days that he said "I will score the winner if that's okay with everyone".

They asked Bob a few days later and he said "yes, he said this. But he always says this. Just this time he was right"