• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Capitals vs. Rangers - Round 2

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a strong chance that whoever scores the next goal may go to win this game. :boss:

RangersReds03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, before this game I though it was going to to go OT...

PLEASE finish them off tonight!

I wouldn't worry too much if the Rangers win tonight, they like to give us a little bit of hope before they break our hearts.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it took less than 5 minutes in the Ducks - Flames game to get the same total of goals that required 60 minutes (okay 58 and change) in this game.

:D

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't worry too much if the Rangers win tonight, they like to give us a little bit of hope before they break our hearts.

That sounds like the mentality of a Caps fan. Utterly pessimistic. Exactly why I need them to finish this series off tonight, for my wellbeing....

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Premier League and the Spanish Grand Prix the only ads running during commercial breaks this game??

I swear if I hear that stupid Premier League song one more time...

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all we have are bug goalies in the Western Conference...

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As soon as the Caps failed to get it deep and the Rangers grabbed the puck, I knew it was going in.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Premier League and the Spanish Grand Prix the only ads running during commercial breaks this game??

So long, farewell, ...

Never liked the Sound of Music

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to a stupid rule where in fact they wave off goals for incidental goalie interference when the player clearly gets influenced into the net by the opposing player, the Rangers stay alive!

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to a stupid rule where in fact they wave off goals for incidental goalie interference when the player clearly gets influenced into the net by the opposing player, the Rangers stay alive!
I always enjoy your impartial an unbiased opinions. Top notch

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright Caps, do this in 6. Seriously, don't let this go 7. My dislike of the Rangers is as strong if not stronger than your like of the Caps. I know way too many Rangers fans, they are on par with Toronto fans with their shit doesn't stink despite being terrible franchises swagger.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Sound Of Music song? Not only do I hear it on the ads but my wife sings it all night. Ughhh.

I really want the Caps to win but I thought that was a good call.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want the Caps to win but I thought that was a good call.

It's not whether it was a good call from the rule book - they got the call right based on what is in the rule book

But it is borderline insanity that a rule like that is even in the book to begin with - yes, let's disallow a goal when the offensive player did not intentionally run into the goaltender - if the defender pushes the offensive player into the goalie, the goal should count because it is part of the game play

ritari330

Only a myth
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not whether it was a good call from the rule book - they got the call right based on what is in the rule book

But it is borderline insanity that a rule like that is even in the book to begin with - yes, let's disallow a goal when the offensive player did not intentionally run into the goaltender - if the defender pushes the offensive player into the goalie, the goal should count because it is part of the game play

You sure about that?

Rule 69 – Interference on the Goalkeeper

69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper -

This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease. Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact. The rule will be enforced exclusively in accordance with the on-ice judgement of the Referee(s), and not by means of video replay or review