• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Canucks Controversies 2010 edition

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  1. Ryan Walter has been fired and now is retaining legal council for not being paid the 2nd year of his contract.
  2. Roberto Luongo continues to workout with Ian Clarke even after Clarkes contract was not renewed and the Canucks brought in a new goalie Coach
  3. Roberto Luongo remains Captain of the Vancouver Canucks - is this really a controversey?
  4. Finally there are now rumours that Tommy "Gunn" Larcheid did NOT want to leave in his final year but was forced out by Mike Gillis for comments made during the 2nd round loss to the Chicago Blackhawks - comments taht were deemed not favourable to Gillis. Tommy was replaced by Dave Tomlison who was brought in to be more a homer for the Canucks and to just be more analytical on the radio.
of the 4 mentioned above I do take concern with Luongo working out with Clarke still. Clarke has not shown he can help luongo when needed the most and in fact it seems to me the Lou and degraded from Elite to Very Good.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
of the 4 mentioned above I do take concern with Luongo working out with Clarke still. Clarke has not shown he can help luongo when needed the most and in fact it seems to me the Lou and degraded from Elite to Very Good.

Clarke was never full time. He could not commit to move here (family reasons I think). I think Lou needs someone to keep him focussed full time. Once a month or so never got the job done. Also, Clarke was never Lou's first choice was he? When he moved here, wasn't Clarke already in place? Lou wanted.. was it.. Francois Allaire, didn't he?