• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can we finally beat GB w/the all the changes.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bears D has played GB about as well as anyone the past few years. Our O has been the downside.
Hence all the change. New Coaches, new players, new systems.
I see an optimistic improvement in the O. (how can it get worse?).
Don't know what to expect on the D side, From Tucker, the D-line rotation, the LBs, the CB (backups).
Sts will also be different with DeCamillas directing them.
My thoughts are the Bears will no doubt be better offensively, The D will no longer be a top 5, but won't drop lower than 15. Sts I have no clue , but believe they won't let us down .
I think we finally take 1 from GB . We don't play them till week 9, which should give the O plenty of time to get their act together.
Just would like to read your thoughts.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
W/ all the changes. Is what I meant. Drinking & posting don't mix. But I make a habit of it.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have managed an acceptable winning percentage over GreenGay for a short while now, relatively speaking compared to the Farve era.
I do think this will be a Bears team that we have not seen before, and there are so many things to speculate about, but who knows what it will ultimately look like?
Drunk posting bring out the best of my inner runnon sentences.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we can beat GB. A little offense is all we needed. But on the flip side, BU is gone and he knew the Packer O very well and called out the plays. I'm guessing we will have some high scoring games with GB this year. I think we split. And by week 9 at least half of GB's team should be injured.

SportsChic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Need a offense that can keep Rodgers on the bench and score as in the last 10+ games vs the Packers, we are just ending up on the short end of one TD needed to win.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think we can beat GB. A little offense is all we needed. But on the flip side, BU is gone and he knew the Packer O very well and called out the plays. I'm guessing we will have some high scoring games with GB this year. I think we split. And by week 9 at least half of GB's team should be injured.

Hey Noon, its JLovins, I think the Bears defense definitely takes a step back and the Packers defense takes a step forward. If offense is the deciding factor I dont think it will favor the Bears.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Noon, its JLovins, I think the Bears defense definitely takes a step back and the Packers defense takes a step forward. If offense is the deciding factor I dont think it will favor the Bears.

I'm not sure what to think on either. The Bears or Packer defenses. Bears should be more athletic and aggressive, but less smart. Packers have some guys comming back healthy but I still don't see any reason for a real improvement from them. Now if the Packers can/will run more then I can see the improvement in defense because they will be off the field more and rested. This is one of those years where there is so much change that I can't even offer a guess. I feel confident in saying our offense will be improved. Def & STs is unguessable. Well have much faster LBers and a improved pass rush from the Dline. Gonna be a real interesting season.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what to think on either. The Bears or Packer defenses. Bears should be more athletic and aggressive, but less smart. Packers have some guys comming back healthy but I still don't see any reason for a real improvement from them. Now if the Packers can/will run more then I can see the improvement in defense because they will be off the field more and rested. This is one of those years where there is so much change that I can't even offer a guess. I feel confident in saying our offense will be improved. Def & STs is unguessable. Well have much faster LBers and a improved pass rush from the Dline. Gonna be a real interesting season.

Losing BU will be huge but you guys got a steal of a replacement. As a Gator fan, I loved Bostic but unfortunately he is now dead to me:bawling:

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB has been sliding very slowly over the last couple of seasons. Talent has been seeping from the team... Now I know they drafted some RBs but without improvements on the OLine I don't see how this will be an improvement. That being said, I don't think the Bears overtake them this year. Maybe next season?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, that's some crystal ball you have there brother.

Hey packerz! I remember you from the CBS threads! Hope you're doing ok? Do you happen to know where some of the other CBS Bears regulars went? Like American Flyer, McMichael, vvarder?

Anyway.... Despite their record under Lovie, every game was a nail-biter, not because of the opponents per se, but because the defense was continually on the field trying to hold the other team at bay. We all know our offense was pitiful. Teams would kick the ball away from Hester, out of bounds (spot at the 40). The defense would get turnovers. We'd have greatfield position and do nothing with it offensively. Or have little to show for it.

I can't imagine that the O will be worse or status quo under Trestman.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but I think we all can admit GB has had more injury's then the average team the last 5 years. Do you disagree with that?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

Need a offense that can keep Rodgers on the bench and score as in the last 10+ games vs the Packers, we are just ending up on the short end of one TD needed to win.
:agree: I'm confident Trestman will be able to match wits with Capers ( GBs DC). Also pretty sure he can make in game adjustments. Tice's adjustments came a week later. Tice didn't know what to do when GB doubled Marshall for the whole game. It should be fun watching the Bears with someone competent directing the O for a change.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see us splitting the two games this year.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing BU will be huge but you guys got a steal of a replacement. As a Gator fan, I loved Bostic but unfortunately he is now dead to me:bawling:
I think BU and Woodson are a wash . Both will be missed leadership wise buy their former team.
I dont' think Bostic starts this year ( but who knows right now). We signed D J Williams in FA to cover MLB for this year.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yahoo:
Glad to see ya make it here Rich. Yeah I bought into the Tice hype last year, predicted a sweep .
Gonna be a little more conservative atleast until preseason starts.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Glad to see you made it over Rich, we will get this place moving. As far as splitting, the wild card is GB's new RBs. With a improved run game GB can be scary. But then they still have a below avg Oline. I guess well see if their problem was RB or Oline or pass happy coach.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see you made it over Rich, we will get this place moving. As far as splitting, the wild card is GB's new RBs. With a improved run game GB can be scary. But then they still have a below avg Oline. I guess well see if their problem was RB or Oline or pass happy coach.
If you're their coach, Whos hands do you want on the ball? A Rods or a Rook RB.