• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can someone explain to me (Cowboys/Eagles)

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lewis was credited for the sack because the play lost yardage and he was the closest player to him. Had Hurts not stepped out of bounds it was a TD and he wasn't touched when he ran across the goal line if I remember correctly.
Wasn’t Lewis in the end zone when hurts stepped out and wasn’t someone chasing hurts at the time? I guess I need to go find the play but I’m surprised that Lewis was the closest player when hurts stepped out

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t Lewis in the end zone when hurts stepped out and wasn’t someone chasing hurts at the time? I guess I need to go find the play but I’m surprised that Lewis was the closest player when hurts stepped out
I searched for the play. Nothing

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I remember right nobody was close to him or chasing him when he stepped out and yeah Lewis was in the end zone. I may have a picture, I'll have to look in my phone

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have it on the DVR. I'll try to remember to look tonight

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

It is a 47 seconds in.

Lewis was on the GL, but in fairness he was still covering his man until Hurts crossed the LOS. He stayed home, just like were taught in pop warner.

That said he shouldn't have been credited with the sack. 58 chashed Hurts out of the back field and 95 was also chasing him and was closest when he stepped out. It's either a loss of a yard run, or 95 gets the credit for the sack.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

It is a 47 seconds in.

Lewis was on the GL, but in fairness he was still covering his man until Hurts crossed the LOS. He stayed home, just like were taught in pop warner.

That said he shouldn't have been credited with the sack. 58 chashed Hurts out of the back field and 95 was also chasing him and was closest when he stepped out. It's either a loss of a yard run, or 95 gets the credit for the sack.
Thanks for posting. Tough one. Ankou was the closest. I'm guessing they are saying that the presence and potential tackle of Lewis is what Hurts was bracing for and what caused him to step out of bounds. I guess I never really heard what the exact rule is. Usually it would be cut and dry where the closest guy is also the one that causes the player to go out of bounds

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found it.

It is a 47 seconds in.

I would not mind seeing Lewis back although at a team friendly deal. I doubt players like Woofd,Awuzie and Lewis will be offered big deals. Woods can just leave and we can draft his replacement . Awizie same thing.