• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can lebron win a ring without multiple all stars?

can lebron win rings without multiple all stars

• no- thats why he left cleveland and miami

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • no- hes a deferring expert

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • no- more losses than wins in finals lesidekick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes- im a a lebron fan thats never been to cleveland

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 3 of the 2010 NBA Finals in Boston where Fisher took over and hit 4-5 shots in a row in the 4th and put the Lakers out of reach will always stick in my mind. Kobe only made 1 shot in that quarter and without Fisher we possibly lose the game, and after losing home court advantage to the Celtics in the first two games, we quite possibly lose that series.

Yep - You said it all - I've often wondered where people like Trojanfight gets that crap from about the lack of star power. No franchise has ever won without contributions from all of their main players

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I should have been more specific. Outside of his own teams Miami and this upcoming season with Cleveland who else in recent years had 2 other all stars? Not solid players but actual step above consistent all star players. The shot at the Lakers isn't relevant. In the kobe and shaq days there wasn't a 3rd all star ever. Sure maybe in the 80s. With this current cavaliers team who else has 3 all stars in the league? You could say technically okc. But big difference offensively between ibaka and Kevin love. How many times this upcoming season will critics like me say sure the cavs win again but it was the Kyrie and Kevin love show that won the game.

I knew exactly what you meant. The tittle is very clear. I don't get how they didn't understand.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2011 Dirk
2003 Duncan

It is not some impossible thing. It happens with a little bit of frequency...

Obviously loaded teams perform better, but true MVP level superstars can get it done without allstars.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA is a team sport?

In other shocking news, water is wet, Ben Affleck movies suck and Hammer still hates all things Boston.

Maybe you should be more clear. Ben Affleck movies where he is the main character suck. Good Will hunting is a fucking fantastic movie!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great thread, just great :rolleyes:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps I should have been more specific. Outside of his own teams Miami and this upcoming season with Cleveland who else in recent years had 2 other all stars? Not solid players but actual step above consistent all star players. The shot at the Lakers isn't relevant. In the kobe and shaq days there wasn't a 3rd all star ever. Sure maybe in the 80s. With this current cavaliers team who else has 3 all stars in the league? You could say technically okc. But big difference offensively between ibaka and Kevin love. How many times this upcoming season will critics like me say sure the cavs win again but it was the Kyrie and Kevin love show that won the game.

C'mon those Lakers teams were stacked. And it's not always about having the biggest name stars. Would you say that Kobe and Shaq suck because they didn't win when they had Malone and Payton?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the '04 Pistons.

Their starting five were all very good players, though. Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallaced, Rip Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince, and Chauncey Billups just weren't super popular like other NBA players.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail thread failed. Lakers fan talking about winning a title without multiple super stars? Really?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Kobe technically counted as 2 stars but let's be honest, they were 2 of the best players of their generation. Kyrie and Love aren't there just yet. You could argue that just having Kobe and Shaq was more star power than Kyrie, LeBron and Love.

Last edited by a moderator:

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq and Kobe technically counted as 2 stars but let's be honest, they were 2 of the best players of their generation. Kyrie and Love aren't there just yet. You could argue that just having Kobe and Shaq was more star power than Kyrie, LeBron and Love.

IMO Kobe & Shaq were the two most dominant 1-2 combo ever.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fail thread failed. Lakers fan talking about winning a title without multiple super stars? Really?

What does the Lakers have to do with this? Are you suggesting that Kobe never won without multiple superstars? Plus he said All Stars.

I don't get why all you don't get the question he was asking. In Miami, Lebron had multiple above consistent all stars, and now he does in Cleveland. He asked can he do it without multiple. I think he can, but we won't find out at least this year.

In recent history, Duncan, Dirk, and Kobe done it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is all true, but you can't count both Kobe and Shaq. You would have to pick one, and say, did he have multiple consistent all stars on the team?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - You said it all - I've often wondered where people like Trojanfight gets that crap from about the lack of star power. No franchise has ever won without contributions from all of their main players

Big difference between solid role players like Rick fox, Brian shaw, Devean George etc. and having all stars like kyrie, wade, Kevin love. Brian shaw or Rick fox or Robert horry couldn't do anything without a teammate setting them up. Lebron will go to bench in Cleveland and Irving and love will dominate. Much like last year it was wade show. I can see one all star but 2 is overboard in my book.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big difference between solid role players like Rick fox, Brian shaw, Devean George etc. and having all stars like kyrie, wade, Kevin love. Brian shaw or Rick fox or Robert horry couldn't do anything without a teammate setting them up. Lebron will go to bench in Cleveland and Irving and love will dominate. Much like last year it was wade show. I can see one all star but 2 is overboard in my book.

Why do you assume Irving and Love will dominate by themselves? Minnesota had a pretty decent team. In my mind, LeBron is the piece that elevates them to competitive status.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So in evaluating the support around a star player, the only thing that matters to you is whether other players made the All Star game or not? I get that this is a LeBron hater thread. I get it. I really do. But you are splitting hairs here. Kobe was supported by excellent teammates and coaching when he won championships. So were Shaq, Duncan, Jordan, Magic and Bird. Not really a shocker since the NBA, probably more than most every other sport, has really been dominated over the years by a select few teams who have accumulated great talent and great coaching.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you assume Irving and Love will dominate by themselves? Minnesota had a pretty decent team. In my mind, LeBron is the piece that elevates them to competitive status.

I imagine it will be similar to the heat with wade and bosh. Countless times last 2 years Lebron would go to bench near end of the 3rd quarter with small lead or deficit. Wade and company would go on a run and Lebron would often come back in the game with a double digit lead. Much like in Miami, Cleveland would easily challenge for the eastern conference championship without Lebron. I pegged the cavs for a likely finals run before the Kevin love addition. Just guarantees it making another super team. Most non Lebron fans wanted to see how he would do just him, Irving and role players.

To sum it up top 3 SF, top 10 PG who was US team MVP over summer I'll add, top 5 power forward. Waiters is top 20, varejao is top 20-25 center. Who competes with that lineup?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is a fake superstar. All KFFL expats know my stance on this.