• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All Stars

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do we got?

Right now I think there are 3 players who deserve attention…

Cobb
Estrada
Davis

It is early, of course, but I think they all are potentially have break out seasons. Cobb is too old to be a building piece, so if he continues his strong seasons and the Giants aren’t contending, let’s see what we can get. Estrada looks like he may be legit breaking out and Davis might be as well, but I have less faith his breakout is legit.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do we got?

Cobb
Estrada
Davis

It is early, of course, but I think they all are potentially have break out seasons. Cobb is too old to be a building piece, so if he continues his strong seasons and the Giants aren’t contending, let’s see what we can get. Estrada looks like he may be legit breaking out and Davis might be as well, but I have less faith his breakout is legit.
Davis' breakout isn't without precedent. He posted a really nice 137 OPS+ in 2019. So what did the Mets do with him? Made him a part time player. He seems like a player that gets better with more playing time and scuffles when playing time is more sporadic. I think his 2023 season numbers can carry forward.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who do we got?

Cobb
Estrada
Davis

I think Disco might be on that short list right now.

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta put Yaz on the Honorable Mention list for now

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is doing OK. But he is far from an allstar.
12th in OPS among NL OFs. Positive dWAR. He's doing as well as the others mentioned so far.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am about 20 mins behind in the game, so I can’t participate in the gdt, but I starting looking at NL leader stats to see who deserve all star consideration at this point…

Cobb - Leads the NL in ERA. He at least belongs in the conversation right now to start the game (though, right now, Justin Steele probably deserves the start). His inclusion as an initial All Star should be a no-brainer at this point.

Wade - Leads all NL 1B in OPS. This is a loaded field, of course, with BIG names, so he probably won’t get the nod, but he belongs in the conversation.

Estrada - If not for Arreaz in Miami, he would be the hands-down best 2B in the NL. But Arreaz is still head and shoulders above Estrada. He deserves consideration, but as it sits now, he is probably left off.

Davis - Probably the #3 3B in the NL so far this season (Muncy and Wisdom). His D will likely help him out in this discussion, though.

Doval - 3rd in the NL in saves. But his other numbers, while not bad, aren’t really in competition with the other closers.

Realistically, that’s about it. Cobb should be a no-brainer. Wade has a strong argument. Estrada and Davis should be in the discussion.