• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Can I Go To Rehab?" "Nope." Pat Haden

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Introducing the new regime at USC... AD, OC, DC, and the HC
large_nwa-og.jpg

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF, you have to the dumbest person on the hoop for that statement.. Punished for what he did, just plain fucking stupid!!!
It happened under his watch, he bails and USC feels the wrath meanwhile he is unpunished for what ocurred under his watch. Funny how defensive USC fans are over this scumbag.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of the people posting currently on Sportshoopla were "fired" from CBS Sports in a mass "no more posting" purge. All in one day. Thousands of posters. Myself included.

Lol the stories/accounts I hear about that cbs board makes me wish I'd have frequented it back then.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol the stories/accounts I hear about that cbs board makes me wish I'd have frequented it back then.
I hated it. I only used it for a week before quitting. Everything I posted was taken down.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, and it might not have been you but I said this when Sark was hired that it was a bad hire and was roundly mocked by USC fans on this site. Drinking problems aside, Sark didn't win enough at Washington to deserve the USC job. I've felt since day one that Washington in the end got the better of that coaching trade. Didn't seem that way at first, but over time I believe it will be obviously true.

USC needs to hire a defensive guy who has a proven winning culture and accolades. Then bring in the best pro style OC who they can get. Nobody has pro style QB prospects like Cali. That is the formula from the Carroll years they should be trying to recreate. Not his actual assistants. Make it a NFL factory again and the cool place to play before moving on to the next level.

Agree with pretty much all of this. I was supportive of the Sark hire (had no idea about the drinking issue). He wasn't my first choice, but I felt that given the sanctions, it was probably as good they were going to do at the time (remember, he wasn't USC's first choice either) and was willing to give him a fair chance.

Unfortunately, because of his personal issues, we're never going to know how well he may have done. I'd love to see us get a defense first guy. A little bit ago, I heard some guys on a sports talk show out here talking about Whittingham, Bill O'Brien and Pat Fitzgerald. They also mentioned the Colts OC Pep Hamilton.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with pretty much all of this. I was supportive of the Sark hire (had no idea about the drinking issue). He wasn't my first choice, but I felt that given the sanctions, it was probably as good they were going to do at the time (remember, he wasn't USC's first choice either) and was willing to give him a fair chance.

Unfortunately, because of his personal issues, we're never going to know how well he may have done. I'd love to see us get a defense first guy. A little bit ago, I heard some guys on a sports talk show out here talking about Whittingham, Bill O'Brien and Pat Fitzgerald. They also mentioned the Colts OC Pep Hamilton.

I actually really like Bill O'Brien. He is completely handcuffed in Houston with Rick Smith as the GM. Our roster is a complete shit show and I bet he somehow gets this team to 6 or 7 wins by the end of the season. It was a miracle we got 8 last year. Pretty much JJ Watt being awesome and nothing else.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually really like Bill O'Brien. He is completely handcuffed in Houston with Rick Smith as the GM. Our roster is a complete shit show and I bet he somehow gets this team to 6 or 7 wins by the end of the season. It was a miracle we got 8 last year. Pretty much JJ Watt being awesome and nothing else.

Yeah, I'm big Bill O'Brien fan too.

And JJ Watt is pretty freaking awesome too. Love the way that guy plays.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I posted on another thread that counting Orgeron's stint as interim HC, USC has hired 3 Pete Carroll disciples who tried to be Pete Carroll and it hasn't worked. Time to bring in a coach who will look to create his own era to rival Pete Carroll rather than just try to re-create the Pete Carroll era.
Well to be fair, Sark was only just coming into his own and it's hard to tell where he's at in his skill set with this alcoholism thing. Had he been more sober and better able to handle his personal life, would he have been that HC you all expected him to be? We will never know.

But we now do very much have the answer over which team got the better of the Sark to SC / Petersen to UW deal. So glad we didn't have to go down that road on top of everything else this program has suffered through the last 20 years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to be fair, Sark was only just coming into his own and it's hard to tell where he's at in his skill set with this alcoholism thing. Had he been more sober and better able to handle his personal life, would he have been that HC you all expected him to be? We will never know.

But we now do very much have the answer over which team got the better of the Sark to SC / Petersen to UW deal. So glad we didn't have to go down that road on top of everything else this program has suffered through the last 20 years.

I agree. I posted on another thread, that as the pressure to win at UW began to mount, Sarks issues would have eventually surfaced. It came out faster at USC because the pressure to win was on as soon as he accepted the job. At UW, it was building, but hadn't reached the USC level yet.

Phantom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should hire Mack Brown. Get that S.O.B. off our payroll! :nod:

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened under his watch, he bails and USC feels the wrath meanwhile he is unpunished for what ocurred under his watch. Funny how defensive USC fans are over this scumbag.

First off, I apologize for calling you dumb, bad choice of words, I should have called your statement dumb. please provide us all with a link or opinion as to what you believe CPC did that would warrant any punishment..

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I apologize for calling you dumb, bad choice of words, I should have called your statement dumb. please provide us all with a link or opinion as to what you believe CPC did that would warrant any punishment..
Ha I appreciate the apology, but this is one of those topics USC fans will defend Carroll to no end and I just don't get it. Regardless what I say it will come off as assinine. Lack of institutional control is my main issue. I personally see Carroll in the same light as Jim Tressel. Both knew what was going on and failed to control it.

Now I was younger when this happened and that was when the whole 2003 situation went down so maybe it is bias impacting my opinion. But that's just how I see it.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha I appreciate the apology, but this is one of those topics USC fans will defend Carroll to no end and I just don't get it. Regardless what I say it will come off as assinine. Lack of institutional control is my main issue. I personally see Carroll in the same light as Jim Tressel. Both knew what was going on and failed to control it.

Now I was younger when this happened and that was when the whole 2003 situation went down so maybe it is bias impacting my opinion. But that's just how I see it.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you're not to familiar to the case and the geography of Cali. Let's say Dallas is LA and shreveport is San Diego, that is about the same distance as LA & San Diago. USC was charge with Loss of institutional control. The language stated " USC should have known " Nowhere, did it state that CPC or anyone else knew anything oing on 3 hours from the campus of USC and CPC should have know what the parents of a student athlete was doing. You need to get off your soapbox of hate. Comparing Tressel to CPC is even funnier, Tressel's shit was happening right on campus under his nose

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently you're not to familiar to the case and the geography of Cali. Let's say Dallas is LA and shreveport is San Diego, that is about the same distance as LA & San Diago. USC was charge with Loss of institutional control. The language stated " USC should have known " Nowhere, did it state that CPC or anyone else knew anything oing on 3 hours from the campus of USC and CPC should have know what the parents of a student athlete was doing. You need to get off your soapbox of hate. Comparing Tressel to CPC is even funnier, Tressel's shit was happening right on campus under his nose
Did not know how far the distance was but that explains how it could go undetected. I'm sure they'll talk about it on the special in 2 hours so I can get a better feel for the specifics.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did not know how far the distance was but that explains how it could go undetected.
No it doesn't. You think that the coaching staff (and thus the head coach) isn't aware of every single nuance affecting the life (and thus the ability to perform on Saturdays) of their biggest star player? Do you think Bush's mother or other family members wouldn't be in continual contact in order to know how their beloved family member is doing?

The coaching staff would be in contact with Bush's family every single week. The only way Carroll wouldn't have known what was going on is if there was a concerted effort to insulate him so he could maintain plausible deniability.

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesn't. You think that the coaching staff (and thus the head coach) isn't aware of every single nuance affecting the life (and thus the ability to perform on Saturdays) of their biggest star player? Do you think Bush's mother or other family members wouldn't be in continual contact in order to know how their beloved family member is doing?

The coaching staff would be in contact with Bush's family every single week. The only way Carroll wouldn't have known what was going on is if there was a concerted effort to insulate him so he could maintain plausible deniability.

I guess with that type of thinking, Coach Kelly must have been totally cognizant of the r*pe of a female student by one of his players.........

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess with that type of thinking, Coach Kelly must have been totally cognizant of the r*pe of a female student by one of his players.........
First off, it was not a r*pe. Not that sexual assault is any less excusable, but there is a difference.

Second, yes - Kelly should have been very much aware of what a thug and general piece of shit Prince Shembo was (and continues to be.) I hold Kelly very much responsible for inviting that pile of feces into the campus community.