• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Can I Go To Rehab?" "Nope." Pat Haden

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is done, USC is a mess. Who will run the pac 12 for the foreseeable future?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Sark drink Frank Solich under the table?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Caroll did see the storm brewing cut and run... so if he was to re-enter the college game he should be punished for what he did as a college coach. I doubt he goes back to coach college football though. Just my :2cents:.

Really?!? So, when he spent years saying that the only way he would return to the NFL was for a west coast team, full personnel control and huge money, Seattle decided to bail him out of the problems at USC by giving him everything he said it would take?

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SC was 5-0 and ranked #1, the school wouldn't give two shits if he was fucked up and blowing lines of coke off some song girl's ass hole on the sidelines.....

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lane Kiffin borrows lyrics from Beach Boys songs to use as pick up lines when trolling for gullible coeds to boff while his wife is taking care of their kids.

Tin Man

Loquacious Constituent
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,025.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody needs to rework the Kiffin smiley to add a finger & a thumb in the shape of an "L" on his forehead.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?!? So, when he spent years saying that the only way he would return to the NFL was for a west coast team, full personnel control and huge money, Seattle decided to bail him out of the problems at USC by giving him everything he said it would take?
Pete Carol leaving USC is on par with Urban Meyer's achy breaky heart routine. Both bailed when times got tough.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carol leaving USC is on par with Urban Meyer's achy breaky heart routine. Both bailed when times got tough.

So then you do believe that Seattle decided to bail him out by giving him everything he said it would take to get him to leave.

It makes perfect sense to you that they would give him that much money and that much control even though they didn't have to because he was looking for a way out.

Good to know.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then you do believe that Seattle decided to bail him out by giving him everything he said it would take to get him to leave.

It makes perfect sense to you that they would give him that much money and that much control even though they didn't have to because he was looking for a way out.

Good to know.
Even without that offer he leaves. He just so happens to in January of 2010 and USC gets the hammer thrown down on them in June. Your delusional if you believe he was not running from something. The offer may have been good and he probably would have taken the job without probation coming. But even if he wasn't offered anything he was gone. Here's the timeline if you want to see for yourself instead of spewing this crap. Urban really had health issues and Pete didn't bail.

Timeline of investigation at the University of Southern California - USATODAY.com

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sark was willing to go to rehab, until he found out where it was located:

medical-records-breach.jpg

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even without that offer he leaves. He just so happens to in January of 2010 and USC gets the hammer thrown down on them in June. Your delusional if you believe he was not running from something. The offer may have been good and he probably would have taken the job without probation coming. But even if he wasn't offered anything he was gone. Here's the timeline if you want to see for yourself instead of spewing this crap. Urban really had health issues and Pete didn't bail.

Timeline of investigation at the University of Southern California - USATODAY.com

I'm well aware of the timeline. Pete gave very specific criteria that would get him to leave USC, Seattle gave him everything on his list. They wouldn't have to do that if he was truly looking to get out.

Funny how in one sentence you say "the offer may have been good and he probably would have taken the job without probation" but then turn around and say he was running from the probation.

Can't have it both ways. Either he was running from the probation and Seattle decided to bail him out when they didn't have to. Or, he left because Seattle gave him everything that he had been saying it would take since 2004.

Additionally, Pete Carroll left before the sanctions were announced. At the time that he left, most were under the impression that the sanctions wouldn't amount to much more than a proverbial "slap on the wrist." No one at the time he left knew that USC was going to get slapped as hard we did.

I don't know whether Urban Meyer had real health issues or not and I really don't care. His situation has nothing to do with Pete Carroll's situation at USC.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is USC done trying to recreate the Carroll years by hiring former assistants now? It's time for USC to go get a proven head coach who has won big at the highest levels, NFL or College.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is USC done trying to recreate the Carroll years by hiring former assistants now? It's time for USC to go get a proven head coach who has won big at the highest levels, NFL or College.

I hope so. I posted on another thread that counting Orgeron's stint as interim HC, USC has hired 3 Pete Carroll disciples who tried to be Pete Carroll and it hasn't worked. Time to bring in a coach who will look to create his own era to rival Pete Carroll rather than just try to re-create the Pete Carroll era.

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so. I posted on another thread that counting Orgeron's stint as interim HC, USC has hired 3 Pete Carroll disciples who tried to be Pete Carroll and it hasn't worked. Time to bring in a coach who will look to create his own era to rival Pete Carroll rather than just try to re-create the Pete Carroll era.

Agreed, and it might not have been you but I said this when Sark was hired that it was a bad hire and was roundly mocked by USC fans on this site. Drinking problems aside, Sark didn't win enough at Washington to deserve the USC job. I've felt since day one that Washington in the end got the better of that coaching trade. Didn't seem that way at first, but over time I believe it will be obviously true.

USC needs to hire a defensive guy who has a proven winning culture and accolades. Then bring in the best pro style OC who they can get. Nobody has pro style QB prospects like Cali. That is the formula from the Carroll years they should be trying to recreate. Not his actual assistants. Make it a NFL factory again and the cool place to play before moving on to the next level.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Caroll did see the storm brewing cut and run... so if he was to re-enter the college game he should be punished for what he did as a college coach. I doubt he goes back to coach college football though. Just my :2cents:.

WTF, you have to the dumbest person on the hoop for that statement.. Punished for what he did, just plain fucking stupid!!!