• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Can Alabamas defense stop Ohio State??

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn ST is right behind Clemson and Wisconsin is in front of Florida.

What your stats don't tell you, is that Florida offense had some pick 6's and other BS scores.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What your stats don't tell you, is that Florida offense had some pick 6's and other BS scores.

That is true SJ but that doesnt affect total defensive stats. Those are based on yards allowed.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn st got beat by Illinois dude.

Which conference has the most teams bowlin?

Florida defense is way better than michigan st. State was solid last year yeah. But UF defense will knock your teeth out.

Now go look at your stats. Lol

The 5 points less and 101 less yards that Florida posted definitely shows that Florida posted definitely shows they are "way better" than Michigan State. Of course Florida played one less game than MSU did. Florida didn't play any offense that is as near explosive as Oregon, and that includes Florida State. I'm not saying Michigan State is better, I'm just saying they are comparable.

And before you bring up pick 6's, Connor Cook throws more than his fair share.

What stats are you speaking of?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell U never know if someone looks at rankings based on points, yards, whatever.. But it's stupid to try to compare based on anything but head to head matchups.

Rmila when u pick your college teams, do Look at team stats more or head to head matchups? :) and if you look at stats, you dam well look at the previous opponent and base your decision on it.

Mike30142

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep the total stats are very close. I do not think either D will contain the other teams offense for any extended period of time. The spread is WAYYY too much IMO. Should be closer to 4 or 5 at the most.
OSU fans wanted 30 to even do an avatar bet, just saying...:lol:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn st got beat by Illinois dude.

Which conference has the most teams bowlin?

Florida defense is way better than michigan st. State was solid last year yeah. But UF defense will knock your teeth out.

Now go look at your stats. Lol

Florida's defense was great last year too and got beat by Georgia Southern.

Your futile attempts at deflection don't compute.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lansing D is good. Just not as good as last year. That's all I said about sparty.

UF defense will knock your teeth out. Anyone who's seen both knows. Florida has athletes. :)

I don't speak stats. I speak knocking people silly. Getting caught up in stats will have some team in the WAC having the best offense.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell U never know if someone looks at rankings based on points, yards, whatever.. But it's stupid to try to compare based on anything but head to head matchups.

Rmila when u pick your college teams, do Look at team stats more or head to head matchups? :) and if you look at stats, you dam well look at the previous opponent and base your decision on it.

So you would rather use the eyeball test and opinion rather than cold hard facts?

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

total defense is based on yards allowed.

Scoring defense is even more in Ohio State's opponents favor.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida's defense was great last year too and got beat by Georgia Southern.

Your futile attempts at deflection don't compute.

True because they couldn't score. Lol. Haven't been able to for years. Muschamp can only do defense. As far as deflection, i think your big 10 boner wants to pump penn st up but the fact is they got beat by one of the worst teams in the FBS. Illinois is awful.

Speaking of deflection. Who has the most teams bowlin? For the 4th time.
:omg:

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lansing D is good. Just not as good as last year. That's all I said about sparty.

UF defense will knock your teeth out. Anyone who's seen both knows. Florida has athletes. :)

I don't speak stats. I speak knocking people silly. Getting caught up in stats will have some team in the WAC having the best offense.

"I don't speak stats when they don't work out in my favor or my teams favor.

At that point I just use my meaningless opinion. "

-SJ76

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's your opinion that Florida will "Knock your teeth out". Michigan State D had a kid drop out of school so he wouldn't have to play them. "TROOF"

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True because they couldn't score. Lol. Haven't been able to for years. Muschamp can only do defense. As far as deflection, i think your big 10 boner wants to pump penn st up but the fact is they got beat by one of the worst teams in the FBS. Illinois is awful.

Not hard to go bowlin when you play nothing but cupcakes OOC.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather use the eyeball test and opinion rather than cold hard facts?

My eye ball test has been good for years so yeah I will roll with that.

If teams drafted players based on stats, they would draft a QB from Hawaii #1 every year. If the eye test doesn't work, then why do scouts go to games? Why don't they just look at stats?
:lame:

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who played the most FCS and Mid Majors in order to get that many teams bowl eligible?

You might want to wipe your chin, you got some SECum on your face.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can use SEC bias all day long but the truth is that the league had only 5 top 40 defenses and had only 5 top 40 offenses ( same as the B10 in both categories ).. While I dont think its unfair to say the SEC is the better league it also isnt relevant to a converstaion regarding only 2 of the leagues teams given the fact that OSU beat their league opponents by nearly 26 ppg and Bama beat theirs by a bit over 14. Even considering the superiority of the SEC the numbers arent equal so its really unfair to say Bama is superior based solely on what league they play in.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I don't speak stats when they don't work out in my favor or my teams favor.

At that point I just use my meaningless opinion. "

When have I talked about any stats? My goodness dude. Don't get all butt hurt. I'm not saying osu doesn't have a chance. And I never said sparty sucked. :wtf:

Simmer down.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When have I talked about any stats? My goodness dude. Don't get all butt hurt. I'm not saying osu doesn't have a chance. And I never said sparty sucked. :wtf:

Simmer down.

That's the point. The only thing you use is your opinion. Which means nothing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even considering the superiority of the SEC the numbers arent equal so its really unfair to say Bama is superior based solely on what league they play in.

6 out of the last 7 national champions from the SEC?? Lmao
C'mon guys. Being a homer is one thing, being retarded is another.

It is what it is. If you can accept it, I don't know what to tell you.

Good
Luck versus BAMA. :hope:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I always use head to head but we really dont have a basis for comaparison head to head here without going 2 or 3 degrees of separation ( ie OSU beat Wisky by 59, LSU beat Wisky by 7, Bama beat LSU by 7 so OSU is 45 points better than Bama... LOL or Bama beat Mizzou by 29, Indiana beat Mizzou by 4, OSU beat Indiana by 15 so Bama is 10 points better than OSU ) when I cross analyze 2 teams I look at stats and opponents which is why I think Bama wins the game BUT when I see the relative ineffectiveness of Bamas D vs high caliber offenses I see no reason to not expect an equally talented OSU team to score 28+ on Bama.