• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
OK - I've dusted, vacuumed, mopped and cleaned out a shit-load of cobwebs and the Panther's forum is back open for business.
I am conditionally optimistic for this year. My optimism would be based on the following:
1. Cam getting his MOJO back. I think those hits he took in the Denver game (especially since they weren't called) affected his season. I'm guessing he felt that since they weren't called folks would feel free to tee off on him.
2. Cam's shoulder - should be fine but might be later in the season before it is fully functional.
3. Christian and Curtis - Looking forward to these two being a big part of the offense and causing match-up issues for Defenses. Outside these two and Olsen, our receivers were not able to get separation and Cam is not accurate enough to throw them open.
4. Our O-line needs to stay healthy and do a much better job of run blocking. Cam can help them with pass blocking by getting rid of the ball earlier and waiting for the right moment to take his shots down-field.
5. Pretty confident in our defense and the depth. A lot of age on that side of the ball though.

I will put my over/under on wins at 10.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK - I've dusted, vacuumed, mopped and cleaned out a shit-load of cobwebs and the Panther's forum is back open for business.
I am conditionally optimistic for this year. My optimism would be based on the following:
1. Cam getting his MOJO back. I think those hits he took in the Denver game (especially since they weren't called) affected his season. I'm guessing he felt that since they weren't called folks would feel free to tee off on him.
2. Cam's shoulder - should be fine but might be later in the season before it is fully functional.
3. Christian and Curtis - Looking forward to these two being a big part of the offense and causing match-up issues for Defenses. Outside these two and Olsen, our receivers were not able to get separation and Cam is not accurate enough to throw them open.
4. Our O-line needs to stay healthy and do a much better job of run blocking. Cam can help them with pass blocking by getting rid of the ball earlier and waiting for the right moment to take his shots down-field.
5. Pretty confident in our defense and the depth. A lot of age on that side of the ball though.

I will put my over/under on wins at 10.
1/2. I hope Cam's shoulder is alright. Depending on the extent of the tear, that Labrum healing takes a while.
3. I was pretty surprised that it came down to McCaffrey in R1. I really wonder how a 205 pound back is gonna hold up between the tackles. OTOH, it's obvious RR took a look an objective look at the O, and just decided to get some speed out there. I like that CM can line up in the slot, Samuel will be playing there as well, should counterbalance the sluggish wideouts we have with Funchess and K-benj. I'm hoping for the best.
4. Given that there were no plug-n-play tackles in the draft, I thought they had to make a sign at LT. It was risky paying that much to Kahlil_2, but necessary at this point. Hopefully his brother can help get him in the flow. Cam can't continue to take the kind of beating he did last year.
5. Pass rush looks problematic. We'll see what Julius can do, CJ is still around, some others are going to have to step up. Was really surprised at the Ealy trade, but he seemed more like a 5-tech in a 3-4 anyway. Of course, I'm glad to see the return of gamecock bro Captain M. The young corners played better in the last half of the season in '16, maybe we can get more dependable back there. But we got killed in the 4th quarter last year, gotta improve there.