• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp updates

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he has been practicing with both the first and second teams.

I expect that the extra 10-15 pounds will be shed before the season starts. Though too much weight can be an issue on the OL, it is typically not a big issue to be in the 320-330 range but his endurance has to be there.

The knee is obviously a concern. Hopefully this is the year he finally stays healthy.

Is it not a huge red flag that he has shown up to camp out of shape every-single-year?

This is not a first time thing, it has happened every year he has been here. How long will the coaches put up with that? He does not take football seriously.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it not a huge red flag that he has shown up to camp out of shape every-single-year?

This is not a first time thing, it has happened every year he has been here. How long will the coaches put up with that? He does not take football seriously.

You know I'd like to make excuses for him , like he had surgery etc., the problem is I don't believe those excuses. The dude has a inner fat boy just dying to get out and without supervision, he's going to be out of shape come camp opening every year and when he is out of football this guy is going become huge.

Never the less, I think he can be good player. He did perform the drills just fine and in a month Cable will work his butt hard enough to lose 10 to 20 pounds IMO. I still think he could very good and a big asset in the running game.
Time will tell.

Kingdome fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold: I read today that Carpenter is currently weighing 341, not his 321 listing.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, seeing him up close I'd say 341 sound about right. Cable is going work on getting that weight off and Carpenter is going do some major sweating! Cable had the drills moving at a quick pace and lots of repetition. As soon as one drill was done chop chop on to the next.
Really enjoyed watching practice and in the future I'm going plan a week around camp opening practice and sign up day one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Cable has done a great job with our OLine considering what a mix of talent we have on it. I really hope Carpenter stays healthy this year. Okung, Carpenter handling the left side could make for one of the best in the game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been looking at tickets prices on stub hub for the Bronco game. They want $104 for the seats I want. For a preseason game? I would hope not, but seeing how quick camp registration filled up, who knows?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source informed of the transaction tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that former Arizona Cardinals slot receiver Early Doucet will sign a one-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

Although Sidney Rice is expected to return to practice Sunday after undergoing treatment for his knee in Switzerland, the Seahawks still are in the market for depth with Percy Harvin likely sidelined until Thanksgiving.

On the heels of a season-ending concussion, the Cardinals opted to release Doucet in March rather than pay his $1.95 million salary. In addition to multiple concussions, Doucet has battled injuries to his ribs, groin, abdomen, hamstrings, quadriceps and shoulder in five NFL seasons.

Doucet will be trying to recapture 2011 form, when he tantalized with occasionally strong post-catch skills while tallying 689 yards and five touchdowns on 54 receptions. He will enter the season no higher than fourth on the depth chart if he makes Seattle's roster.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm found tickets on tickets liquidator for the same row I want for $66.00 but not sure how good this site is. Any input from anyone?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A source informed of the transaction tells NFL.com's Ian Rapoport that former Arizona Cardinals slot receiver Early Doucet will sign a one-year contract with the Seattle Seahawks.

Although Sidney Rice is expected to return to practice Sunday after undergoing treatment for his knee in Switzerland, the Seahawks still are in the market for depth with Percy Harvin likely sidelined until Thanksgiving.

On the heels of a season-ending concussion, the Cardinals opted to release Doucet in March rather than pay his $1.95 million salary. In addition to multiple concussions, Doucet has battled injuries to his ribs, groin, abdomen, hamstrings, quadriceps and shoulder in five NFL seasons.

Doucet will be trying to recapture 2011 form, when he tantalized with occasionally strong post-catch skills while tallying 689 yards and five touchdowns on 54 receptions. He will enter the season no higher than fourth on the depth chart if he makes Seattle's roster.

Looks like the Seahawks are continuing looking at all options in the preseason. Hoping they find a gem, but not counting on Doucet to be one.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm found tickets on tickets liquidator for the same row I want for $66.00 but not sure how good this site is. Any input from anyone?

The reviews seem mostly positive. But as with all of these sites, if the sellers are scamming with fake listings or mess up your order, they won't help you much besides tell you to deal with it through your credit/debit card company. StubHub is great, but their commission rates are highway robbery.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reviews seem mostly positive. But as with all of these sites, if the sellers are scamming with fake listings or mess up your order, they won't help you much besides tell you to deal with it through your credit/debit card company. StubHub is great, but their commission rates are highway robbery.

Thanks! I take your info in consideration.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all of the camp updates. Being that it is not possible for me to attend, it is great to get the info.

One thought/question: With Michael doing so well and the fact that he was drafted high makes me think that he will pass up Turbin on the depth chart. Does anyone else think this and if so is it possible that Turbin gets more snaps at FB? Or is he not a good fit there?

I also do believe that Michael was drafted partly as an insurance policy in case Lynch gets a suspension. But it looks as if this might not happen until after the season at this point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for all of the camp updates. Being that it is not possible for me to attend, it is great to get the info.

One thought/question: With Michael doing so well and the fact that he was drafted high makes me think that he will pass up Turbin on the depth chart. Does anyone else think this and if so is it possible that Turbin gets more snaps at FB? Or is he not a good fit there?

I also do believe that Michael was drafted partly as an insurance policy in case Lynch gets a suspension. But it looks as if this might not happen until after the season at this point.

Micheal has been making the most of his opportunity, while Turbin is getting treated. I don't think any one can say he's passed Turbin yet, but Turbin is going to have really compete to hold on to being #2 RB. A win win for Seahawks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also I wanted to mention Rishaw Johnson. When I seen him practicing, he was really trying to make an impression. Had no idea who was however. Looks a lot like Carpenter minus the huge butt.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boy what is it with the Seahawks and former Cardinals?

Alan Branch
Deuce Lutui
Stephen Williams
O'Brien Schofield

Now Early Doucet.

Seems like the Seahawks have a thing for Vikings and Cardinals...

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I'd like to make excuses for him , like he had surgery etc., the problem is I don't believe those excuses. The dude has a inner fat boy just dying to get out and without supervision, he's going to be out of shape come camp opening every year and when he is out of football this guy is going become huge.

Never the less, I think he can be good player. He did perform the drills just fine and in a month Cable will work his butt hard enough to lose 10 to 20 pounds IMO. I still think he could very good and a big asset in the running game.
Time will tell.

I've never really been impressed with Carpenter at all during his time here.

He was honestly one of the worst starting RTs I've ever seen in all my years of watching NFL football in pass protection. He was average against the run but really, really struggled against more athletic defensive linemen.

Moving him inside was the right idea, I have no idea why he was at tackle in the first place. Likely trying to get the best bang out of their buck.

Even if he does outperform my expectations, realistically he will always be a liability in pass protection and therefore limits his overall value as an offensive lineman. I don't see that he is any better than Moffitt or J.R. Sweezy. I'd almost like the Seahawks to cut him just to send a message to other players that although you're a first round pick does not mean we will put up with laziness or mediocre effort.

I've said it since his rookie year, if he put forth the effort to work on his technique and stay in better shape he would make a solid player. But I lost faith in him actually caring after the 2nd time he showed up to camp out of shape. He is just here to collect a paycheck.

He's like Marcus Tubbs but without the talent.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never really been impressed with Carpenter at all during his time here.

He was honestly one of the worst starting RTs I've ever seen in all my years of watching NFL football in pass protection. He was average against the run but really, really struggled against more athletic defensive linemen.

Moving him inside was the right idea, I have no idea why he was at tackle in the first place. Likely trying to get the best bang out of their buck.

Even if he does outperform my expectations, realistically he will always be a liability in pass protection and therefore limits his overall value as an offensive lineman. I don't see that he is any better than Moffitt or J.R. Sweezy. I'd almost like the Seahawks to cut him just to send a message to other players that although you're a first round pick does not mean we will put up with laziness or mediocre effort.

I've said it since his rookie year, if he put forth the effort to work on his technique and stay in better shape he would make a solid player. But I lost faith in him actually caring after the 2nd time he showed up to camp out of shape. He is just here to collect a paycheck.

He's like Marcus Tubbs but without the talent.

I know your no fan of Carpenter, but I just disagree with you that he doesn't have talent. I think he could be a beast on running plays, he is really strong, really big and could be an asset in the running game. In the passing game...well that isn't his strong point, but I think he can be good enough.

While Carpenter does have an inner fat boy, when in camp he puts out from what I saw. Lots of OL are like that. I know you work out and I think it just offends you to see a player that lets himself go in the off season. Sure it would be better if he didn't, by a lot, but it's a common problem and doesn't mean he can't be good player. Plenty of players do that and still have good careers.

Time will tell.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a busy weekend so couldn't track a lot of the camp action. Will get cracking again this week and with our first preseason game coming up this Thursday against the Chargers, lots action leading up to that.

Interesting piece. Seahawks release their 1st depth chart of the season. Harvin still listed, although out for part or all of season from hip issue. Few other positions, it's the same deal. Players may be out nursing injuries, but still listed ahead of others.

Offense:

First, Second, Third, Other

WR Sidney Rice Percy Harvin Doug Baldwin Jermaine Kearse

LT Russell Okung Alvin Bailey
LG Paul McQuistan James Carpenter Rishaw Johnson
C Max Unger Lemuel Jeanpierre Jared Smith
RG J.R. Sweezy John Moffitt Ryan Seymour
RT Breno Giacomini Mike Person Michael Bowie
TE Zach Miller Luke Willson Sean McGrath Cooper Helfet

WR1 Golden Tate Stephen Williams Phil Bates Chris Harper

QB Russell Wilson Tarvaris Jackson Brady Quinn
FB Michael Robinson Derrick Coleman Spencer Ware
RB Marshawn Lynch Robert Turbin Christine Michael

Defense

LDE Red Bryant Michael Bennett Jaye Howard Greg Scruggs

LDT Tony McDaniel Jesse Williams Michael Brooks
RDT Brandon Mebane Clinton McDonald Jordan Hill
RDE Chris Clemons Cliff Avril Mike Morgan Benson Mayowa

LOLB Malcolm Smith Bruce Irvin O'Brien Schofield Korey Toomer

MLB Bobby Wagner Allen Bradford Heath Farwell Craig Wilkins

ROLB K.J. Wright Kyle Knox John Lotulelei
LCB Richard Sherman Antoine Winfield Will Blackmon Byron Maxwell

RCB Brandon Browner Walter Thurmond Jeremy Lane Ron Parker

SS Kam Chancellor Jeron Johnson Winston Guy
FS Earl Thomas Chris Maragos DeShawn Shead

Special Teams

K Steven Hauschka Carson Wiggs
P Jon Ryan
H Jon Ryan
PR Golden Tate Bryan Walters Will Blackmon
KR Will Blackmon Jeremy Lane Bryan Walters
LS Clint Gresham Zach Miller Kyle Nelson

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting analysis of the potential roster by Brian Hemhauser who was interviewed on sports radio today.

Running Back
Marshawn Lynch, Christine Michael and Robert Turbin are locks. It is becoming increasingly difficult to imagine the team cutting Spencer Ware, and it is almost certain either Michael Robinson or Derrick Coleman will make the team as a fullback. Ware is just getting some reps now at fullback.

Wide Receiver
Even with Percy Harvin starting the year on PUP, it is hard to see a path to less than six receivers on the roster. Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Golden Tate and Jermaine Kearse are locks. Stephen Williams is a strong contender, and then there are guys like Phil Bates, Bryan Walters, Chris Harper and Early Doucet fighting for the sixth spot. The team rarely runs four receiver sets, which is part of why they have only kept five in the past. My current projection is they surprise folks by only keeping five at this position. Bates could be stashed on the practice squad. Harper probably could not.

Linebacker
I initially had this as a tick down from last year at six linebackers instead of seven. The addition of O'Brien Schofield makes seven the far more likely number. K.J. Wright, Bobby Wagner, Bruce Irvin, and Schofield are locks. Allen Bradford and Malcolm Smith are safe. John Lotulelei is a sleeper I expect to knock Mike Morgan off the roster.

Safety
The team has kept five safeties the past few years. I am projecting they will steal a roster spot here in order to keep an extra running back or wide receiver. That would mean Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor are the locks, and Jeron Johnson and Winston Guy get the spots behind them. Chris Maragos and DeShawn Shead don't make the cut. Shead is practice squad eligible, and would be a likely addition.

A lot of that shouldn't surprise anyone, but the section on WR did. That's kind of a bombshell if that does happen to Harper. He was our 4th round pick. It seemed he had plenty of praise during the rookie and OTAs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this bit on the DE position:

Clemons has been the only LEO defensive end in the Pete Carroll era in Seattle. He played it on first, second and third down. He played it every game in every season, except for the final game of last year against Atlanta. Now the team has Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. Bennett has been playing the LEO when the team is in their 4-3 early down alignment. Avril, when he was practicing, played LEO in nickel situations and when the team went to more of a 3-4 look. Bruce Irvin was shifted over to the SAM linebacker, and the team added O'Brien Schofield as his back-up. That is a lot of talent. Now throw in Clemons. It is anyone's guess how Carroll and Dan Quinn will split up the snaps.

His prediction on the distribution:

Clemons gets early down LEO snaps, taking over for what Bennett is doing now
Avril replaces Red Bryant in nickel and dime packages instead of Irvin, and Clemons stays at LEO
Bennett's primary role becomes 3-technique defensive tackle in nickel and dime, as well as a rotational LEO and 5-technique
Irvin and Schofield stay at SAM, and come off the field in nickel and dime packages