• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Camp updates

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of interesting and good/bad news.

Pete Carroll said that tight end Zach Miller is close to returning from a foot issue that has him on the PUP list to begin camp. However, with Miller out, players like Sean McGrath, Luke Willson and Cooper Helfet are taking advantage of the extra reps.

Carroll said at this point Miller returning for the regular season opener is not a concern right now.

Defensive end Jesse Williams tweaked his knee on Friday and did not practice over the weekend, but according to Carroll, its nothing serious.

James Carpenter has had three really good days to open training camp. He also pointed to Mike Person, Michael Bowie and Alvin Bailey as young offensive lineman who have stood out.

PC has been pleased with the progress of lineman J.R. Sweezy saying he's the "biggest and most obvious jump" in improvement on the Oline.

Carroll said the kick return job behind Harvin is wide open. Golden Tate has taken reps at KR with other WRs trying to make the team via special teams route, etc...

Bruce Irvin continues to look good making the transition from defensive end to SAM linebacker. He impressed with his decision-making on run fits in 9-on-7.

DL Jaye Howard has been standing out. The University of Florida product was active for just two games his rookie season. But he put on 15 pounds of good weight during the offseason, and is now playing at 6-3 and 301 pounds.

Along with playing 3-tech, Howard also worked with the second unit at 5-tech, and practically lived in the backfield during 9-on-7 and team drills.

If 6'3", 242 pounds O'Brien Schofield makes the team, he projects as a Leo defensive end or SAM linebacker.

Russell Wilson says the extra reps right out of the gate is making things much easier than last year. The speed of getting the ball off, the decision making, and foot work are what he claims he worked hardest at in the offseason. Says the footwork is still what he's working on the most to improve. Very impressed with the speed of TE Luke Willson.

WR Stephen Williams is looking really impressive making big catches. 6'5" and explosive, but some claim he's a longshot because he can't really contribute at special teams as well.

PUP list (Harvin, Turbin, and Clemons) are all out.

Avril has had some foot issues and didn't play on Sunday.

Michael Robinson was out with a sore foot, but back practicing on Sunday.

With Harvin out, Chris Harper appears to be getting increased reps and making catches.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the update. Going to be watching camp myself later this week.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP. It's a day off for practices today at VMAC, so things crank up again tues and should see some real activity this week. Very good to hear they aren't worried about Miller. Another player you always cross your fingers with the injury thing.
Considering all the major injuries you heard happening around the league, especially Maclin in Philly and Pitta in Balt, which are huge blows, just got to pray we can get to the season without those kind of hits.

Kyle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for sharing RegentDenali!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liz Mathews of 710 ESPN reports that coach Pete Carroll said that wide receiver Sidney Rice is in Switzerland to have treatment done on his knee. Carroll was not more specific about the procedure beyond saying it was not surgery. Athletes in various sports have gone to Europe for Regenokine injection treatments, which haven’t been approved by the FDA and involve removing blood from the body and separating it to create a protein-rich serum that’s reinjected into the problem area.

Whatever the procedure, Carroll said that he did not expect Rice to miss any games in the preseason or regular season and that he thought it would give the wideout “fresh legs” upon his return. Rice dealt with knee issues late last season and was seen on crutches after the Seahawks were eliminated from the playoffs, but never missed any games last season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tues was 1st practice involving full pads.

Seahawks handling most PR reps today was Golden Tate and Walter Thurmond.

DE Cliff Avril still out with foot injury and tweaked hamstring.

DE Michael Bennett didn't practice today, but not due to injury, but because wife having a baby.

DT Jesse Williams back on the field and was looking good.

QB Brady Quinn getting more reps at #2

WR Sidney Rice is not at practice. He flew to Switzerland to get non-surgical treatment on knee.

LB Heath Farwell who had been out a couple practices with back spasms is back playing.

LB O'Brien Schofield is in uniform and practicing.

CB Ron Parker and OL Michael Bowie out with hamstring issues.

TE Victor Marshall waived. LB/TE Jameson Konz signed.

Rams signed WR Justin Veltung to one-year contract. Was waived by Seahawks this week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow I get to see with my own eyes how all the Seahawks are panning out. I'll give everyone a update.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tues was 1st practice involving full pads.

Seahawks handling most PR reps today was Golden Tate and Walter Thurmond.

DE Cliff Avril still out with foot injury and tweaked hamstring.

DE Michael Bennett didn't practice today, but not due to injury, but because wife having a baby.

DT Jesse Williams back on the field and was looking good.

QB Brady Quinn getting more reps at #2

WR Sidney Rice is not at practice. He flew to Switzerland to get non-surgical treatment on knee.

LB Heath Farwell who had been out a couple practices with back spasms is back playing.

LB O'Brien Schofield is in uniform and practicing.

CB Ron Parker and OL Michael Bowie out with hamstring issues.

TE Victor Marshall waived. LB/TE Jameson Konz signed.

Rams signed WR Justin Veltung to one-year contract. Was waived by Seahawks this week.

Thank You for the update! This is good stuff that i can't get at home.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's becoming more likely Tate could be our primary PR/KR guy with Harvin out part or all of season. Looks like he could be one of our top keys to the 2013 season. Just hope he can stay healthy with the added abuse of a lot more return duties.

Oh god, I wish Leon Washington was still on this team as of today.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's becoming more likely Tate could be our primary PR/KR guy with Harvin out part or all of season. Looks like he could be one of our top keys to the 2013 season. Just hope he can stay healthy with the added abuse of a lot more return duties.

Oh god, I wish Leon Washington was still on this team as of today.

You never appreciate a great KR/PR until you don't have them. We felt that pain in the NFC Championship Game in 2011-2012. I never had missed Ginn more in my life then that day.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats mgmt we're probably dancing a jig they could sign Washington like they did. Guy was total money for us last year. I understood the move with the Harvin sign, but I was wishing they could of found a way to keep him here. :gaah:

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His "worth" being only as a KR/PR makes him expendable if they had plans of using Harvin quite a bit. I get it, but I agree with you though.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LB Bobby Wagner sat out today. No explanation from coaches. Allen Bradford worked at the #1 LB today.

CB Jeremy Lane is out and wearing boot on injured foot.

TE Luke Willson took a hit from Winston Guy and had to have his arm looked at.

WR Stephen Williams sat out most of the day.

Michael Bennett back to practice today after out yesterday with wife giving birth.

Pete Carroll says they can provide no more information on the Percy Harvin situation and everyone will have to wait till after the surgery to better evaluate everything. Sidney Rice is expected back at practice in a few more days. Claims WRs Jermaine Kearse and Stephen Williams as those who are being called upon more right now.

Oline: John Moffitt and J.R. Sweezy are rotating on the RG position. Moffitt getting most of #1 team reps.

Golden Tate and Chris Harper caught deep bombs from Wilson against the Legion of Boom. Sherman got pissed. Kearse made a great spin move on Browner and Browner completely lost him.

Early projections for the 2013 WR corps: Rice, Baldwin, Tate, Kearse, and very probable Harper. Williams and Walters will battle for potential last slot, but different types. Williams is more of a WO, while Walters a slot guy. Walters benefits from being able to provide special teams duties, were Williams can't provide that.

Christine Micheal did some PR reps today.

DT Jordan Hill has been doing great things lately. Including a noticeable play were he blew through the Oline and tipped and nearly intercepted a pass.

DC Dan Quinn mentioned in an interview today that Red Bryant is still the Seahawks base defense DE and will continue to be. That in nickel package situations, he may sometimes move into a DT position, especially against 3-4 WR sets. But reiterated that he's still so good at that DE spot at his size, he'll continue to work that DE position. Next to Mebane, more base defense DTs are projected to be Tony McDaniel, Rookies Jordan Hill and Jesse Williams, and also rotational between DE/DT roles like Bryant, could be Jaye Howard and Michael Bennett in nickel situations. Feels Avril should be back soon.

Competition for vacated OLB spot that was primarily Leroy Hill's: Cliff Avril, Bruce Irvin, Malcom Smith, Micheal Morgan are all involved.

Competition at CB is one of the most fierce this year. It could be 5-7 CBs on roster this year, depending on special teams involvement as well and how they can best maximize their abilities.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched camp today, but truthfully I didn't get much out of it. Mostly to far away to really get a sense of what was happening . Going again tomorrow.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched camp today, but truthfully I didn't get much out of it. Mostly to far away to really get a sense of what was happening . Going again tomorrow.

Yahh. It's tough to get a sense of what's going on because separate drills are going on all over the place and depending on your view point, there are soo many coaches and crew standing around and on the sidelines, it blocks some of your perspective. Same thing when I've been at Husky practices.

But still, great experience to see the work that goes in practices.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to camp again today and had a great time. Got there super earlier this time which meant waiting for ever. How ever had a great view today. Mostly watched the OL work out because they were right in front of me.
Giacomini seemed to always add that extra thump on drills and Carpenter looked liked the one with the most extra weight. Hate to say it but he looked liked a fat ass among OL who as a rule all carry extra weight.
Over all it seemed liked players were trying not to get to physical as a rule and trying not to injure anyone.
Next year I'm signing up ASAP for as many as I can attend.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aug 1:

PC says RB Robert Turbin and TE Zach Miller should be back within next two weeks.

LB Bobby Wagner out with sore shoulder. Could be back next week.

TE Luke Willson has sore shoulder, but practiced wearing red jersey.

WR Sidney Rice expected back in few days.

DT Jesse Williams rested knee today. No practice.

CB Jeremy Lane continues to rest to heal up foot issue.

Also still out today: DE Cliff Avril, CB Ron Parker, DE Kenneth Boatright, OL Michael Bowie, DT Michael Brooks and LB Kyle Knox.

PC praised RB Christine Michael: “He’s done nothing but good stuff. Very quick, lightning quick. A really good worker. He finishes, he makes an impression to you all the time about he’s willing to bust his tail and get down the field and finish runs and finish blocks and all that stuff. He’s really fast, too, and he’s picking things up so he’s doing good.’’

OG James Carpenter, Carroll said: “He’s doing really well. He’s having a tremendous camp. Just thrilled about him getting back out here. He’s getting a regular does of plays. He’s going with the ones and the twos and rotating all around. He’s very physical. He looks quick. He’s in good shape movement wise. I think his endurance condition will pick up as his weight adjusts a little bit. He’s right around 340 right now. I’m not concerned right now about what he weighs as much as what condition he gets in. We’ve talked about when he’s in really good shape, which is going to take him a goot month with us, whatever that weight is we’ll see where that settles, he’s got a chance to really help us.

LB/DE O’Brien Schofield is off to a strong start, saying: “I really like this guy. Loved him playing against him and coming out of college, too, and he’s jumped in there playing Sam backer and in the nickel groups as an outside rusher. He’s got a nice pass rush package.

The team will have a mock game tomorrow. “We will present a bunch of situations and actually we will play it out like it’s a game and I will orchestrate the stuff,” Carroll said. “We’ll just move the ball for punts, the place kicks will be included. It’s a test day for them to show us where they are and how far we have come as we are one week away from a game.

Mike Sando on looming roster cuts: Seahawks are soo deep at corner. Bet 49ers will be watching that waiver wire closely on cut to 53 players. If you haven't heard, SF lost CB Chris Culliver to a torn ACL today.

WR Jermaine Kearse has really been impressing at practices all week. Looking more likely he's going to make the 2013 roster and could really contribute this year. Go Dawgs!!!

QB Brady Quinn continues to get reps with #2s.

T Alvin Bailey actually got reps with the #1s at LT today.

RB Ray Holley & WR Greg Herd waived. TE Andrei Lintz (WSU alum) & WR Perez Ashford (waivered from N.E.) signed.

Russell Wilson announced today his younger sister is going to attend Stanford on a basketball scholarship.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to camp again today and had a great time. Got there super earlier this time which meant waiting for ever. How ever had a great view today. Mostly watched the OL work out because they were right in front of me.
Giacomini seemed to always add that extra thump on drills and Carpenter looked liked the one with the most extra weight. Hate to say it but he looked liked a fat ass among OL who as a rule all carry extra weight.
Over all it seemed liked players were trying not to get to physical as a rule and trying not to injure anyone.
Next year I'm signing up ASAP for as many as I can attend.

Yahh. Pete Carroll mentioned today that Carpenter is in great shape from a conditioning standpoint and performing well, but pushing 340 at weight, and the plan appears to work some of that off over the next month to get him down to the right weight by start of season.

You still got to be concerned about that because he's had knee issues and any additional weight puts more strain on them.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahh. Pete Carroll mentioned today that Carpenter is in great shape from a conditioning standpoint and performing well, but pushing 340 at weight, and the plan appears to work some of that off over the next month to get him down to the right weight by start of season.

You still got to be concerned about that because he's had knee issues and any additional weight puts more strain on them.

"great shape"

340 in weight...

Hate to say I told you so...

For a few seconds I felt proud of myself for being right about Carpenter showing up to camp out of shape but then I realized we wasted a 1st round pick on this cow. I read he has been practicing with the 2nd string squad and has a lot of work to do.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"great shape"

340 in weight...

Hate to say I told you so...

For a few seconds I felt proud of myself for being right about Carpenter showing up to camp out of shape but then I realized we wasted a 1st round pick on this cow. I read he has been practicing with the 2nd string squad and has a lot of work to do.

Actually he has been practicing with both the first and second teams.

I expect that the extra 10-15 pounds will be shed before the season starts. Though too much weight can be an issue on the OL, it is typically not a big issue to be in the 320-330 range but his endurance has to be there.

The knee is obviously a concern. Hopefully this is the year he finally stays healthy.