• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

camp news

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haters have started firing back after years? Are you fucking kidding? You fuckers have been running your mouths and shitting on anyone who likes anything about the Lions for at least 6 or 7 years. Don't play that victim card bullshit.

That's priceless coming from the biggest homer on the board and one of the leaders of the group who simply can't handle anyone offering a thought that you don't deem to be a glowing endorsement on the greatness that is the Detroit Lions.

What actually matters in the NFL, your opinion of how good the team is or the actual win/loss record and the number of Lombardi's in the trophy case? Last I checked that trophy case was empty. Pretty sure that win/loss record is pathetic as well. Welcome to the land of reality, because that's what that is. Get a dictionary out and learn what the word means if you have to.

Or better yet, just try acting like a man and respect the right of others to be as negative as you are positive without having to deal with your keyboard courage rants where you call everyone a bitch if you don't agree.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just out of curious......Do the Lions actually have a Trophy Case for that.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit is 29-67 over the past 6 years (36-76 the past 7). I'm guessing those running their mouth about the Lions are right much more than they are wrong. It is sad, but true.

Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.

Kreton you imagine things as you wish they were rather than how they really are.

29-67 is how things actually exist.

Guaranteeing we would make the playoffs after only 9 games is how you imagined them. How'd that work out for you?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's priceless coming from the biggest homer on the board and one of the leaders of the group who simply can't handle anyone offering a thought that you don't deem to be a glowing endorsement on the greatness that is the Detroit Lions.

What actually matters in the NFL, your opinion of how good the team is or the actual win/loss record and the number of Lombardi's in the trophy case? Last I checked that trophy case was empty. Pretty sure that win/loss record is pathetic as well. Welcome to the land of reality, because that's what that is. Get a dictionary out and learn what the word means if you have to.

Or better yet, just try acting like a man and respect the right of others to be as negative as you are positive without having to deal with your keyboard courage rants where you call everyone a bitch if you don't agree.

My point is you people attack people for being positive far more than the other way around. None of you haters can stand someone being positive. So if you want to preach about people having a right to their opinion and respecting people who have a differing opinion then try practicing what are preaching.

By and large Lions Homers are far far out numbered by negative minded Lions posters and have been for years. Do a head count if you need to. Go back and read. You You will find a small hand full of posters who are optimistic constantly being berated by the rest of you.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.

Kreton you imagine things as you wish they were rather than how they really are.

29-67 is how things actually exist.

Guaranteeing we would make the playoffs after only 9 games is how you imagined them. How'd that work out for you?

It works out great for me. The REALITY is that our record of last year, or 4 years ago or any other season doesn't matter. That is REALITY.

As for it working out for me, I am happy with being a Lions fan. I don't walk around pissed off. I love being positive. Makes my life much better.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Bunch of fans that pay for tickets sitting in the stands wearing paper bags over there heads trumps a guy sitting at home in a tv blackout any day........We are the Lions and whether you like it or not the Realist win by buying tickets just to show up to the stadium and wear a paper bag on their head.......Those are the realist, they are the one's that have known all along and forced management to lift the blackout......The realist still control football..

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never said differently. For me the negatives of this offseason outweigh the positives by a considerable margin. Now I will wait and see if my judgement was too harsh based on what this team and it's new players offer on the field. Up til August everything is just opinions, after that reality takes hold and we will see exactly what the offseason has brought us.

Absolutely and without a doubt IMO. And I will add to that I think the impression some may have that it's a two way street comes from the fact that after being blasted for sooooooo long for any dissenting opinion those who are labeled as always negative, haters, and trolls finally had enough and just started firing back in the same manner they were treated for years.

Not sure why but I've managed to escape those type of responses despite being perhaps the most discontent fan on this board. Others haven't been so lucky and are just hitting back.

While you can certainly be a bit discontent, your posts are always backed up with sound logic. You don't just spout off to stir the pot like a lot of these guys do, so you don't get the kind of responses they do...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is you people attack people for being positive far more than the other way around.
Completely false. I attack stupidity and ignorance like when someone posts their opinion as if its a fact. If you cant demonstratively prove the central point of your post then its your opinion, and while you are absolutely entitled to it dont present it to me and everyone else as if its a fact based truth.

As to whether its an "attacking" response as you call it is dependant upon how the original post was written. You of all people have no legitimacy in calling out anyone as an "attacking" poster when that is pretty much every single one of your posts. See your first post #57 on this thread for a perfect example. Take note that what I just said is fact based, not opinion. Nobody would interpret what you said to be anything other than an attack.

None of you haters can stand someone being positive. So if you want to preach about people having a right to their opinion and respecting people who have a differing opinion then try practicing what are preaching.
This is another comedy of errors for a response. Look at your wording, "haters". Pretty sure "troll" is also one of your favorites. Do tell me how that even comes close to respecting other opinions. Not one of the posters you cowardly call "haters" and "trolls" has acted like shoktart used to. They make posts saying they think the back 7 remains weak, Tate is overpaid, Durham stinks, they dont like the hire of Caldwell or the pick of Ebron. Those type of simple and more than justifiable statements are met with retorts of your sad and pathetic "hater" and "troll" comments. Please show me where someone who posted a positive spin on the statements I made above was responded to in a similar fashion.

By and large Lions Homers are far far out numbered by negative minded Lions posters and have been for years. Do a head count if you need to. Go back and read. You You will find a small hand full of posters who are optimistic constantly being berated by the rest of you.

Put up or shut up. Show me the "far far" outnumbering of negative minded posters on this board. We'll ask each one of them if they consider themselves to be always negative, a hater, and a troll. Then show me the posts of these unprovoked attacks where the small handful of optimistic posters are constantly being berated by the rest of us. As per your normal m.o. you post an opinion as if its a fact. Prove it. Depending on the depth of the research you choose to do will determine the depth of my response where I will factually prove you wrong. Find me the "first" responses from those you call haters and trolls that arent respectful but are instead an attacking beration on the person who made the post. Dont show me follow up responses once the piss fight has started, show me the initial response based on the claim you are making. You are behind 1 to 0 already by your first post.

Take note of Micro's original and follow up post to my statements. Completely respectful of an opinion I offered that he completely disagreed with. It warrented a response by me that was similarly respectful. You are simply incapable of doing that.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While you can certainly be a bit discontent

A bit discontent?? :nod: I can't remember a time where I've been more discontent. But this negative hater troll upgraded his seats, bought a shit load more Lions gear that I certainly didnt need, and have been trying to figure out which games I will attend this year.

Oh wait a minute, I'm sorry you are one of the optimistic fans. Therefore you are an asshat who needs to shut up with your bullshit, and then you can fuck right off.

Wait now damnit, I prefaced that by saying I was sorry. I'm not sorry, nope not at all. No respect for you (said in the voice of the Seinfeld soup Nazi).

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely false. I attack stupidity and ignorance like when someone posts their opinion as if its a fact. If you cant demonstratively prove the central point of your post then its your opinion, and while you are absolutely entitled to it dont present it to me and everyone else as if its a fact based truth.

As to whether its an "attacking" response as you call it is dependant upon how the original post was written. You of all people have no legitimacy in calling out anyone as an "attacking" poster when that is pretty much every single one of your posts. See your first post #57 on this thread for a perfect example. Take note that what I just said is fact based, not opinion. Nobody would interpret what you said to be anything other than an attack.

This is another comedy of errors for a response. Look at your wording, "haters". Pretty sure "troll" is also one of your favorites. Do tell me how that even comes close to respecting other opinions. Not one of the posters you cowardly call "haters" and "trolls" has acted like shoktart used to. They make posts saying they think the back 7 remains weak, Tate is overpaid, Durham stinks, they dont like the hire of Caldwell or the pick of Ebron. Those type of simple and more than justifiable statements are met with retorts of your sad and pathetic "hater" and "troll" comments. Please show me where someone who posted a positive spin on the statements I made above was responded to in a similar fashion.

Put up or shut up. Show me the "far far" outnumbering of negative minded posters on this board. We'll ask each one of them if they consider themselves to be always negative, a hater, and a troll. Then show me the posts of these unprovoked attacks where the small handful of optimistic posters are constantly being berated by the rest of us. As per your normal m.o. you post an opinion as if its a fact. Prove it. Depending on the depth of the research you choose to do will determine the depth of my response where I will factually prove you wrong. Find me the "first" responses from those you call haters and trolls that arent respectful but are instead an attacking beration on the person who made the post. Dont show me follow up responses once the piss fight has started, show me the initial response based on the claim you are making. You are behind 1 to 0 already by your first post.

Take note of Micro's original and follow up post to my statements. Completely respectful of an opinion I offered that he completely disagreed with. It warrented a response by me that was similarly respectful. You are simply incapable of doing that.

Careful meow, you are flirting with the way you use to type on the CBS boards, make sure to keep those paragraphs. :laugh3: Just busting chops....When I was reading it, I had had a flash back so I know you were getting close.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It works out great for me. The REALITY is that our record of last year, or 4 years ago or any other season doesn't matter. That is REALITY.

As for it working out for me, I am happy with being a Lions fan. I don't walk around pissed off. I love being positive. Makes my life much better.

Kudos to Kreton for remembering his true power and choosing to be happy despite the Lions record. Kreton creates his own reality which is happiness in his case.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's been a while.....whats up guys? I see everything is still Stafford's fault.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a mixed crowd as far as Stafford goes. Some still have a boner for him, some loathe him, and some just pile on. I'm not going to tell you which side I'm on but I'll tell you I'm not holding this phone up with my hands.

Last edited by a moderator:

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be a mixed crowd as far as Stafford goes. Some still have a boner for him, some loathe him, and some just pile on. I'm not going to tell you which side I'm on but I'll tell you I'm not holding this phone up with my hands.

Given broncosmitty's avatar, I would have expected him to be the one to reference holding a phone with his feet. you are one flexible dude, LP.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron still dropping balls. Freese still missing kicks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to Kreton for remembering his true power and choosing to be happy despite the Lions record. Kreton creates his own reality which is happiness in his case.

I do. In many aspects of life. I enjoy.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 of those 6 teams are elite. The Panthers will be lucky to break double digits in any game on offense. Not sure their defense can do what they did last year. Philly losing Desean Jackson will offset all the other gains they make on offense this year. The Falcons O-line is a hot sloppy mess and there is no guarantee JJ will be what he was before the foot injury.

It seems your reality is always giving the benefit of the doubt to the other teams and never to ours. That being said, the NFC is loaded this year. The AFC only has a few elite teams left so the lopsidedness of talent will make it tough for us.

If anything the Bears are the team (not the flacons or eagles) that I would be more afraid of if Cutler keeps his head on straight. Arizona also could be a problem.

The Guiness Book of World Records has announced that we now have a new record for the biggest 'if'.